Linkrealms should be wiped before launch

• Now before anyone says anything please note that i personally do not care that there is no wipe but on steam forum already a lot of people are crying due to no wipe and they wont even give this game a chance. Also i predict a lot of bad reviews due to this on steam and reviews are everything there.

Devs you wont get another chance this is make or break. You can argue with potential new players as much as u want about how no wipe is not a big impact but u guys need to face reality that your game will hurt a lot because of this. Maybe the issue is in their heads that they somehow think they will never catch up but whether the issue is real or not a lot of potential players are already turning their backs on this game due to no wipe.

Wipe or not i will play i just hope devs will do what is right for the good of game.

• I can understand their point of view but i've put some time on my character and am glad they are not wiping.

That being said, I can already see someone like VAN wiping the floor with noobs cos they are boring indiscriminate killers, no fun, no chit chat, just die die die.

Anyway, will be interesting to see what happens.

• @Namus I'm in the same boat not caring too much if the servers are wiped or not, but if we're speaking from a purely PR perspective I suspect wiping would be just as bad. In near every patch for months they've explained the servers will never be wiped, people've likely bought prince founder packs on the notion, people've spent(I suspect cough Aries you rich/middle class with bad spending habits bastard. Am jealous.) hundreds of dollars on funbucks. Given they could be refunded, but that leaves us at a point where there's a) no money in the economy, and b) an overabundance of real money currencies. The people who've actually supported the game with their wallets would have valid reason to be upsetti.

If they do bow to the pressure it'd have to be some deadmanmode seasonal style crap, or just a shard that resets every few months.. but I feel like that's not what they had envisioned this game being, but ya'know, not going to speak for them. Just doesn't seem like their deal. Either way, nabs are going to be ganked wipe or no, and I'll get a massive erection each time I'm named in a negative review.

Edit: @Snirp Jinx

• There will always be new players who have yust joined game,so should devs reset game every time 100 new players get in game cas they will be at huge disandvantage,do u see how ur point is invalid.

• FOUNDER: DUKE

people here used bugs and previous version to catch easily artifact in huge quantity, life was easier before, now with fix and new contents, game is harder, but pals can still be the best thanks to what they got when it was really easy to get...

A reset for the official launch i think its necessary, all have to be same level when game will be officially released, or at least a reset of items, because skills are get in same way even with the new patch, (using bot), so actually only items do the difference btw new players and the old ones

• @Gorstak said in Linkrealms should be wiped before launch:

There will always be new players who have yust joined game,so should devs reset game every time 100 new players get in game cas they will be at huge disandvantage,do u see how ur point is invalid.

Joining at launch and after release are 2 different things...

I just don't understand why did devs make a decision not to wipe for launch in the first place.
    On one hand i understand they needed people to play actively to give feedback and test (no one wants to play with incoming wipe) but on other hand game is sure to loose nice chunk of potential players.

At the very least ''PvPers'' should take it easy at start and avoid killing new players and instead help them lift off with advice maybe some good starter gear or they will play on server with 30 people in 3 months and all of that so they can act tough for a limited time.
    This should be a community effort.

Also a few more giveaways would be nice to promote game i saw 2 so far and 1 of them requires twitter and facebook and android phone to work (seriously?) and the other one was over in hours from launching...

• @Namus @Meziljin I shall post here what I posted on the Steam forums as well.

1. Linkrealms, even more than most MMOs, has a skill progression where raising your abilities is generally fast, and becomes very slow only in the highest skill levels (90 to 100).
    2. Equipment also matters, but it's fairly easy to get good crafter gear, while very rare crafted gear + artifacts will certainly make you stronger, but not a "god".
    3. Even in the PvP server there is a safe zone in and around the starting town (Riverbank) where you an learn about game mechanics and improve your character.

Let's add the fact that:

1. The Classic (open pvp + full loot) server has undergone beta testing phases without being wiped from the Summer Beta in August 2015 only, and the total time it's been open is less than 3 months.
    2. There have been no major game balancing changes (e.g. new way of generating items properties) since then - they were all done before August 2015. The "really easy to get" thing, @Meziljin, maybe applies to the Safe (PvE) server which has been opened longer, not to the Classic server where I guess you want to play.
    3. About bless scrolls, you should not think players have accumulated tons of Rare Bless Scrolls. There are now 134 rare bless scrolls not yet used in the Classic server (just looked it up in the database), out of thousands of players. Yes, just that!

Put this all together and I can tell you, both as a developer and as a player, that starting "late" on Linkrealms is not a big deal.

Plus, if there is enough demand, we will definitely open new servers!.

Hope to see you all in game!

• @Prometheus said in Linkrealms should be wiped before launch:

@Namus @Meziljin I shall post here what I posted on the Steam forums as well.

1. Linkrealms, even more than most MMOs, has a skill progression where raising your abilities is generally fast, and becomes very slow only in the highest skill levels (90 to 100).
    2. Equipment also matters, but it's fairly easy to get good crafter gear, while very rare crafted gear + artifacts will certainly make you stronger, but not a "god".
    3. Even in the PvP server there is a safe zone in and around the starting town (Riverbank) where you an learn about game mechanics and improve your character.

Let's add the fact that:

1. The Classic (open pvp + full loot) server has undergone beta testing phases without being wiped from the Summer Beta in August 2015 only, and the total time it's been open is less than 3 months.
    2. There have been no major game balancing changes (e.g. new way of generating items properties) since then - they were all done before August 2015.
    3. About bless scrolls, you should not think players have accumulated tons of Rare Bless Scrolls. There are now 134 rare bless scrolls not yet used in the Classic server (just looked it up in the database), out of thousands of players. Yes, just that!

Put this all together and I can tell you, both as a developer and as a player, that starting "late" on Linkrealms is not a big deal.

Plus, if there is enough demand, we will definitely open new servers!.

Hope to see you all in game!

I saw your post that's why i said in OP that sadly arguing with players about that wont help. It doesn't matter whether you are right or not they will just see no wipe and turn their back :(

What about giveaways/promoting any further plans on that?

EDIT: Aaaaaaand here we go bad PR already started. http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/comment/6949408/

• @Namus said in Linkrealms should be wiped before launch:

I saw your post that's why i said in OP that sadly arguing with players about that wont help. It doesn't matter whether you are right or not they will just see no wipe and turn their back :(

What about giveaways/promoting any further plans on that?

More giveaways will be taking place, yes. Stay tuned!

• @Prometheus sweet, I could use some free stuff to get my feet off of the ground

• @Holya said in Linkrealms should be wiped before launch:

@Prometheus sweet, I could use some free stuff to get my feet off of the ground

If they do giveaway it wont be free stuff but founder packs or access to game probably.
    Whole purpose of giveaways is not to give stuff to old players but to bring new blood into game and since to play Linkrealms in the first place you need to pay (or have beta key) giveaways should be centered around providing access :)

• @Namus I am new, and even if I'm not my alts certainly are.

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

Albion Online is going to be wiped this August and players also invested their time in that game, there is a difference however, LinkRealm devs announced that they don't have any plans such as wiping the realms (which is not a good good idea if you ask me) and they should stick to it for their credibility.

On the other hand, un-wiped servers will attrack a lot fewer players from steam. They will just download the game, spend an hour or so, will think that it is unfair and never log in back.

• yea and they sad giant meteor will hit earth and we will all die,but did u see ppl runing into mountains and into bunkers 100 feet under earth.Stop being drama queens making panic about somethng that didnt yet happened and u cant be shure it will happen,accept game as it is.

• I am actually quite glad I caught this. I was about to purchase one of the founder-pack options until reading that this game would not be receiving a wipe. I have played MANY games that persisted from before release and the reality is that (as has been stated) players were able to abuse bugs during testing to get massive advantages. I can't think of one single successful game that has went this route that survived. Anyone who participated in the beta should KNOW that a wipe is imminent. The fact that this is not the case here does not bode well for the games release. Most players will join, see advanced players in a newly released game, and quit. I've seen it dozens of times over the last 15 years.

• Even if there is a wipe that will not help new players,old players will still be at huge advantage and they will still easy kill those whu dont know about game,cas old players know which skills to train,where and how to get easy artifacts and know how to pvp and this game is not realeased its in beta aka early acces so stop saying its realisng,there will still be bugs,so all this fuse is created by players whu didnt even play the game.

• @Gorstak I'm not just talking about the steam beta release. I am referring to their stance on a wipe upon completion and full release of the game.

Now that being said, you would have to be living under a rock not to consider early-access to be akin with a full release on an MMORPG these days. When you push the full blown product on multiple game platforms (such as steam) with the "early access" label that usually means you are going to build up your player base; obviously this will spike the current population making it near impossible to cleanly wipe post-steam-release.

• @Gorstak said in Linkrealms should be wiped before launch:

Even if there is a wipe that will not help new players,old players will still be at huge advantage and they will still easy kill those whu dont know about game,cas old players know which skills to train,where and how to get easy artifacts and know how to pvp and this game is not realeased its in beta aka early acces so stop saying its realisng,there will still be bugs,so all this fuse is created by players whu didnt even play the game.

I repeat myself it doesn't matter at all what you say and whether wipe will have any impact or not. Problem is psychological in nature.

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

Pve is basically a clean server. When it was released almost nobody was on it as the "vets" had been testing on pvp. On pvp I'm not sure what type of population you think the game had during closed beta but it was not substantial. At this point it's just crying over spilled milk.

• @Clavicus I will likely gravitate towards the fresh servers if that is the case.

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.