The application seems to be frozen

• FOUNDER: SETTLER

Whenever I login it says that "the application seems to be frozen". I can't even play the game and I just bought it a few days ago. I tried to download and reinstall. I still get the same error.

• @Vesuva said in The application seems to be frozen:

Whenever I login it says that "the application seems to be frozen". I can't even play the game and I just bought it a few days ago. I tried to download and reinstall. I still get the same error.

Hi Vesuva,

does it happen on the first login window? Is it still happening now?

Please check out your Windows firewall or your Antivirus firewall aren't blocking Linkrealms.exe, and let us know!

Ok I finally fixed the problem. I changed the user settings and allowed it.

• @Vesuva

I'm getting this problem too. I've tried using the steam launcher and separate non steam launcher and get the same error

Same here, worked fine last night, today it freezes on login - tried adding it to windows defender list but makes no difference. Oddly if i try and use the link realms exe from the folder it freezes the window....

• Same here :(

• @Vesuva glad to hear that, what settings have you changed exactly and what are the specs of your computer?

@TnTizz @z0mbiecookie @Ryuugamine this issue is usually due to the client being unable to reach the server, since you said it didn't happen before. Did it just happen a couple times, or is it still doing it for you?

• I try to connect several times and still have this same problem, i reinstall, restart my router, and instal on my second computer and still have this same problem. I have same situation like @z0mbiecookie, yesterday i play but today i can't login.

Like I say it was fine last night. Today I every time I click login it just freezes. I've tried reinstalling and then I have problems with that. It keeps saying that it can't find the link realms install so I have to restart it does one patch then i get the error. Restart and one patch until all patches are done then the freeze on login. I;ve tried installing to multiple places and it makes no difference. Wish I had bought it on steam instead noone seems to have that problem there

• @Prometheus I have yet to play the game, just received my key today and haven't had a chance to play yet due to this error. Still doing it

• @Prometheus Woke up early to try to stream and now this crap starts....played just fine yesterday.

CPU: 4x AMD A10-6700 APU 3.7GHz
    GPU: Nvidia GeForce GT 730 2GB
    RAM: 16GB
    Keyboard & Mouse: Razer BlackWidow Chroma & Razer BlackAdder Chroma

EDIT 1: Start-Up finally loaded but took a full 2 minutes to reach the Account Login.
    EDIT 2: Stuck on Verifying Steam Credentials. . .got a report bug that says: The application seems to be frozen.
    EDIT 3: Windows Defender registers this game as a false positive blocking access, had block entire folder from WD to be able to play the game.

• Ok, Windows Defender block entire folder and look to properties of a folder Linkrealm because i have "Only to read" option and i change it. Mayby this help :) Sorry for bad grmmar.

Edit: Ok, Linkrealms was blocked by WD, when i turn on WD it's frozen, turn of Windows Defender and probably u can play game.

• Seems to be working now once i allowed an exclusion through Windows Defender to Linkrealms in my steamapp folder

• Hi guys,

it seems that indeed Windows Defender has turned on Linkrealms overnight. Please have a look here and sorry for the inconvenience:

http://forums.linkrealms.com/topic/1048/fix-to-antivirus-issues-linkrealms-not-starting-freezing

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.