Is AFK training legal?

• Just thought I should ask...

Obviously your character in this game auto-retaliates to mobs that attack you, so you can park your character in a spot with really really weak mobs and earn some free XP overnight or whatever (I know, really shit but it's something for nothing right? :P), obviously skills are capped in the no-PK zones, and people can always either PK you or lure mobs to kill you. But I thought I'd ask anyway, is this legal? An official response would be cool, I mean the game mechanics allow it and the game works in such a way that it kinda polices its self.

Also, I just AFK trained in a spot in the beginner zones for about 20 minutes whilst getting ready to sleep. Came back to find a player luring mobs on me, didn't really care (can't loot in PvE zones, right) so I went to brush my teeth. I come back to see him standing on my corpse wearing my shit (nothing important, got multiple replacement stacks in bank)..? Tried to ask the guy how he looted a corpse in a beginner zone but he must be foreign, no response. Couldn't of been anymore than 5 minutes from the time he was killing me until he was wearing my crap. I'm not complaining about losing the gear I'm just wondering how he did it?

Just curious about the whole looting thing because when I tried to loot people in the noob zones it's told me I'm not allowed!

But yeah I'm loving this game, feel like I'm having an adventure again and I've had some hilarious PvP encounters today!

Peace

• @DiZMeX

I'm pretty sure that after your corpse goes to being named "corpse" instead of "Trekkan's Corpse", it's lootable no matter where it is. Not 100% on that, but I think that's the deal.

• @Trekkan Know how long that takes? :P

• @DiZMeX

I'd say about 10-15 minutes I think. I got into a place where I couldn't get my corpse back and watched it happen. At least in that it turned into a "corpse" and then disappeared soon after.

• Thanks for the clarification :).
    Pretty sure I wasn't gone for 15 minutes, meaning I was dead for even less... Could be wrong..?

I dunno.. It is late :D

• @DiZMeX said:

Just thought I should ask...

Obviously your character in this game auto-retaliates to mobs that attack you, so you can park your character in a spot with really really weak mobs and earn some free XP overnight or whatever (I know, really shit but it's something for nothing right? :P), obviously skills are capped in the no-PK zones, and people can always either PK you or lure mobs to kill you. But I thought I'd ask anyway, is this legal? An official response would be cool, I mean the game mechanics allow it and the game works in such a way that it kinda polices its self.

Also, I just AFK trained in a spot in the beginner zones for about 20 minutes whilst getting ready to sleep. Came back to find a player luring mobs on me, didn't really care (can't loot in PvE zones, right) so I went to brush my teeth. I come back to see him standing on my corpse wearing my shit (nothing important, got multiple replacement stacks in bank)..? Tried to ask the guy how he looted a corpse in a beginner zone but he must be foreign, no response. Couldn't of been anymore than 5 minutes from the time he was killing me until he was wearing my crap. I'm not complaining about losing the gear I'm just wondering how he did it?

Just curious about the whole looting thing because when I tried to loot people in the noob zones it's told me I'm not allowed!

But yeah I'm loving this game, feel like I'm having an adventure again and I've had some hilarious PvP encounters today!

Peace

Macroing is allowed, but only to increase your skills. Scripts that make you loot monsters or anyway collect gold/silver are not allowed. That being said, if you do it in the wild you have a high chance to get yourself killed :)

• @Prometheus said:

@DiZMeX said:

Just thought I should ask...

Peace

Macroing is allowed, but only to increase your skills. Scripts that make you loot monsters or anyway collect gold/silver are not allowed. That being said, if you do it in the wild you have a high chance to get yourself killed :)

That's actually pretty awesome...

Thanks for the clarification :)

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.