My first round of feedback

• Hey Everbody,

I´ve played quite a bit these last two days as a melee mace fighter and really like the game so far.
    Here some of my first feedback:

Pro:

• so far I have encountered two dungeons. The graveyard and the cave up to the north. I especially like the style and the mechanic of the cave – really great. I hope there are more like that.
    • I am not much into the game yet but I really like the artstyle especially of weapons/armor
    • I like my melee special attacks very much too – I hope there is much more to discover
    • Some really helpful players – special thanks to rawulf ;-)

Contra:

• I died yesterday while I tried to explore the second floor in the graveyard dungeon. This was around 10 minutes before a server restart. After that my corpse was gone and I had absolutely nothing left on my char. Good thing that I had some money on my bank (and for the future now items too ;-)).

My biggest problem was that I specialized in maces and was already rank 40.
    I could not find any maces at the blacksmith but I found some other beginner maces I could not equip – I was getting the message “ you can not benefit anymore from this weapon” – or something like this. Okay fine – but why can I not equip it nevertheless? So I ran to the graveyard and tried to loot some chests until I found a new mace which I could equip.

This was at first a very frustrating experience – not that I died – I am fine was that. But it was strange that my corpse was gone and very annoying was that I could not wear one of this beginner maces.

• That leads me right to my second problem:
      After I died I went again to the town bought a juicer with some money I had left and went to the tomato farm to harvest some tomatoes. There I`ve got a message – “this farm is only for beginners”.

"Okay – I have lost all my stuff – I can not wear a beginners mace but I can not get any food to prepare myself for the dungeon – and if I am not a beginner – then who else” – I was asking myself ;-)
    This few experiences were very frustrating at the beginning and I was tempted to close the game – but I am really glad I did not and went to the trouble to find some new stuff – and all is good again. But I think this two experiences could easily turn some players away from the game.
    Okay we could argue then that this game is the wrong one for this players – but I just wanted to point this out and maybe this can be improved a little bit.

Maybe there is another way to solve this issue with the farms. Before I`ve even realized what I can do with the crops and how I can use them, I was not a “beginner” anymore and could not use it.
    Maybe it could be in relation to your cooking skill what of the farms you can harvest – or make a harvest skill? There were all these really nice looking farms and items – but I could not use any of them early on and I did not know this before.

• I really like that you can throw items of the ground or that they are shown there after I open/destroy something. But yesterday evening I was running through the first level of the graveyard dungeon and it was like running through a boutique after a hurricane ;-). Everywhere clothes etc. lying around. It was really a little bit too much – but maybe that`s just my impression. How long does it take for items do despawn?

Bugs:

• In the Tavern in the starting town there are a few barrels on the wall. If you destroy them they respawn immediately and the contain some nice food – you could refill your food really fast.

Questions:

• I have found in the keybinding settings an option called “last weapon” (or something like that).
      I thought maybe I can use that for switching between a crossbow and a mace – is that for such uses? I did not get it working like that ;-).

• Everytime I want to move a stack of items, gold etc. I have to confirm how many items I want to transfer.
      Is there an option the systems automatically always picks up all items and that I can press a button if I want to split things? This would be a great improvement for a quality of life aspect. 90% of the time I want to move the complete stack and only sometimes just a few.

• Question regarding housing: if I buy the pack for 1 month – what happens after that? I suppose I lose my realm? If I buy it again is my “housing progress” saved and I can use it in a different realm?

So far my initial feedback. Just my humble opinion – I hope this can help you.
    I really like the game so far – otherwise I would not write all this stuff. I hope this game grows and grows and especially more crafting professions and skills will be implemented.

Any news regarding playing after the beta – will there be a way? What is the current planned timeline for the game? Just an estimate – weeks/months….? When will it be available on steam?

These are some questions from me and a some friends keep asking me ;-).

Keep up the good work,
    Cax

• the troll cave?

• @caxfourd said:

"Okay – I have lost all my stuff – I can not wear a beginners mace but I can not get any food to prepare myself for the dungeon – and if I am not a beginner – then who else” – I was asking myself ;-

Hey, you can equip "simple" weapons, just not the practice ones. Theres plenty dropped on newbie cave (they have the same skins as the practice weapons). But yeah, if there isnt a single one on the ground, it can be a pain. Perhaps get some lockpicks and try to get some in the cricket cave? Three level 0 chests there.

I have found in the keybinding settings an option called “last weapon” (or something like that).
    I thought maybe I can use that for switching between a crossbow and a mace – is that for such uses? I did not get it working like that ;-).

I thought the same... but going for the other options, I guess it works only if you have different kind of items on your hand? (staffs and tools, for instance). But yeah, it would be nice to be able to change weapons through keybinds.

• Last weapon doesn't work for switching between two weapons, but it does work for switching between weapon and a staff or tool.

Use Shift or Control to manage item stacks

Realms are saved, along with all items in chests and all items secured in the realm. If you let your realm expire for 3 months, then renew it, all your stuff well be as you last left it.

• thanks for your answers!

@nimor: the cave up to the north of the starting town - with all the bugs and the rooms with chests

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.