Realm ownership

• I became a realm owner just recently and I've been wondering about a few things.
    In the editor it is possible to prohibit hostile actions, I tested it out with my wife and we can still engage in combat normally, even though the option was checked, what does that option exactly do?
    Also, I've been wondering if there's a way to allow other people to work in my realm, like planting for example. Anybody else, while trying to plant just gets a short notice about lacking permission, is it possible to do anything about that? Regards, D.

• @Deneb said in Realm ownership:

I became a realm owner just recently and I've been wondering about a few things.
    In the editor it is possible to prohibit hostile actions, I tested it out with my wife and we can still engage in combat normally, even though the option was checked, what does that option exactly do?
    Also, I've been wondering if there's a way to allow other people to work in my realm, like planting for example. Anybody else, while trying to plant just gets a short notice about lacking permission, is it possible to do anything about that? Regards, D.

As far as i know in Classic (PvP) server you cant prohibit PvP and other players can enter you house if you are not careful. You can make traps for potential intruders ;)

• @Namus Sweet, I didn't really want to have a pvp free realm, since all it takes to have a secure place is to make a portal into the house with no door haha, I was just wondering what is that option used for.
    That leaves only one question. See you in LR.

Edit: I just thought of one more thing I've been wondering about. What happens to my items that are in the realm if I decide to update it and upload an improved version of my map?

Edit 2: If anybody was just as worried about the items getting lost and stumbled upon this topic, I just tried it out, I was sweating about it a little bit since I had 30 000 argents worth of stuff, but it turned out just fine. My items were safe and didn't move an inch despite me uploading a fresh version of the map. Cheers.

• In the setting menu, go to the "My Realm" tab. You can assign rights to various players, like planting, using items.

• @Roundwaters said in Realm ownership:
    Thanks! You're a great guy. My regards, D.

• Just a word of warning, @Deneb. What @Roundwaters said is correct, but only applies to the PvE server. In the PvP server you can grant access permissions to items and chests, but not to crops - you have to protect those ;)

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

Not to derail the thread, but how exactly do you get your realm? I have the claim item in my bag, but couldnt find a place to put it. I'm sure i'm doing something wrong, just not sure what, or what i should be looking for.

Appreciate any help!

• @Phaust You have to go out into the wilderness find a nice spot where you'd like to live and simply take the item out of your inventory, place it on the ground and double click it.
    Congrats, a 32x32 area belongs to you, now all it takes is opening the editor which comes with the game and uploading your dream house, just put your log in info in it and voila.

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

Cheers! I just wasnt taking it out of my bag and placing it on the ground. I was simply trying to double click it in my inventory.

Thanks for the info!

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.