Remove item blessing

• Is there any chance for the dev team remove item blessing from the game? At least from the classic server. It's a great let down for a hardcore player who is looking for a full loot pvp game, at least for me it is. What really made me download and play this game was the full loot. What does everyone think about this issue?

• Agree but then some stuff should be reworked like essences it is already expensive to play mage and if essences would drop then it would be too expensive.

• @Namus said in Remove item blessing:

Agree but then some stuff should be reworked like essences it is already expensive to play mage and if essences would drop then it would be too expensive.

That they should definetely do, otherwise its another item hugging carebear fest game, so sad.

• Disagree, but perhaps make bless scrolls harder to acquire.

• @Snirp people will just keep the good stuff in the bank until they get the bless scrolls.

• Yeah bless scrolls kinda kills the whole point they might as well remove full loot... With this system veterans are protected and new players are not when it should be the other way around.

• Insurance killed UO. This game already have na specific nich of players. There are plenity of other games to play if you dont want to go hardcore (even PvE servers for this game).

I will give you the best option: make a fresh new server named HARDCORE with no bless scrolls, forcing every1 to start again.

• @DEAD yeah!

• FOUNDER: DUKE

uhh... UO is still running strong, not only that, they are running so strong they still have a subscription payment only plan for playing the game... Soo... No, it didn't kill it. Infact its the longest standing MMO to this date.

• Yeah please remove it!

• @sefer said in Remove item blessing:

uhh... UO is still running strong, not only that, they are running so strong they still have a subscription payment only plan for playing the game... Soo... No, it didn't kill it. Infact its the longest standing MMO to this date.

It didn't kill it but who knows how many players it would have now if it didn't make some mistakes.

• FOUNDER: DUKE

or how many players it won't have if bless is removed but vets are allowed to keep their illgained arts. Holya's crossbow treads god territory, can wipe out multiple players without taking any damage... If it wasn't for bless, there would be far more people quitting due to VAN's stupidity of targetting everyone.

To be perfectly honest, anyone who has legacy artifacts have no say in if bless should be removed or not unless they are willing to have they gear removed as well in the process.

• @sefer said in Remove item blessing:

or how many players it won't have if bless is removed but vets are allowed to keep their illgained arts. Holya's crossbow treads god territory, can wipe out multiple players without taking any damage... If it wasn't for bless, there would be far more people quitting due to VAN's stupidity of targetting everyone.

To be perfectly honest, anyone who has legacy artifacts have no say in if bless should be removed or not unless they are willing to have they gear removed as well in the process.

I started with early access but i still want bless removed. At the very least remove rare bless scrolls but if possible uncommon ones too.

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

@sefer the bow is fairly easy to obtain. to counter it get poison resist. endurance will help with the poison resist as well as larger alcohol heals.

• I have to agree with the op. Item blessing is totally lame in a full loot pvp game. The FULL loot pvp is what brought me here (and many others I'm sure). With item blessing the game might as well not be full loot and become like every other generic mmo (only with dated graphics). I hope this blessing feature gets removed, but if it has to be here perhaps make it so you can only have one blessed item equipped at a time (similar to uo's siege perilous).

• @TheCoon Yo, don't hate on the graphics because that's one of the things I really like about LinkRealms.

• @Deneb said in Remove item blessing:

@TheCoon Yo, don't hate on the graphics because that's one of the things I really like about LinkRealms.

I wasn't trying to hate, just stating a fact. I'm not here for the graphics. I'm here for the gameplay. :smile:

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

This game sucks because of the blessing system.

• @TheCoon said in Remove item blessing:

I have to agree with the op. Item blessing is totally lame in a full loot pvp game. The FULL loot pvp is what brought me here (and many others I'm sure). With item blessing the game might as well not be full loot and become like every other generic mmo (only with dated graphics). I hope this blessing feature gets removed, but if it has to be here perhaps make it so you can only have one blessed item equipped at a time (similar to uo's siege perilous).

I think limiting number of blessed items allowed to equip at a time to 1 is a great idea and fits the purpose of the classic server.

• Limit to 1 item and increase artifact drop chance so people dont get too angry on loosing something its hard to get? I dunno... do anything but do it. Blessing everything is dumb - I myself have some good stuff sitting in bank right now, will only use them once I get a bless scroll... no need to risk them right now.

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.