Temporary Server Issues (05-21-2016)

• Hi guys,

we are having temporary issues with our Classic game server. Access to the server has been temporarily suspended.

We'll be back in a few minutes once the investigation has been completed and the issue has been solved. I'll keep this thread updated with the fix progress status.

UPDATE #1

We are back up, we have found the source of the issues but not yet the exact reason why that happened.

We are investigating as we suspect a hacking attempt against our server.

Realm uploads will remain disabled until the next server restart.

Because of the issue, we had to forcefully shut down the server. Therefore, the game has been rolled back to the previous save, that had taken place about 30 minutes before.

We apologize deeply for the inconvenience!

Best,
    Prometheus

• Ily, prometheus <3

• FOUNDER: SETTLER

dammm!i dont believe =x

• Thank god XD, Wsa recieving an "User not authorised" error just before.

Developers are quick on the mark here, Great Job Keep it up!

• Yeah i love how they are quick to notify us and some huge MMOs from big publishers leave people dry for hours after server goes down.

Keep up the good work!

• Oh wow... huge rollback ... probably few good hours lost...

• Roll back i lost 1 rare bless scroll and others.... sucks. Also my Rooster did disapper..... come on!!

• @vorgoth333 said in Temporary Server Issues (05-21-2016):

Roll back i lost 1 rare bless scroll and others.... sucks.

I feel your pain man now i have to repeat what i hate most and i thought i was finally done with it.
    Oh well it happens i don't blame devs.

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

the server auto saves every hour. unless there was an issue with saving it would be 1 hour or less worth lost

• @Clavicus said in Temporary Server Issues (05-21-2016):

the server auto saves every hour. unless there was an issue with saving it would be 1 hour or less worth lost

I know it auto saves often but i am pretty sure i lost more than 1h. Could be wrong.

I just don't understand why would hackers attack such a small niche community. Haters gonna hate i guess.

• @Namus said in Temporary Server Issues (05-21-2016):

@Clavicus said in Temporary Server Issues (05-21-2016):

I know it auto saves often but i am pretty sure i lost more than 1h. Could be wrong.

I just don't understand why would hackers attack such a small niche community. Haters gonna hate i guess.

I have updated the post. The rollback has been of about 30 minutes. Sorry guys!

• @Prometheus said in Temporary Server Issues (05-21-2016):

@Namus said in Temporary Server Issues (05-21-2016):

@Clavicus said in Temporary Server Issues (05-21-2016):

I have updated the post. The rollback has been of about 30 minutes. Sorry guys!

Damn i guess i completely lost sense of time. Well i did play whole day so that might have something to do with it ;)

What is realm uploads?

• Me and some friends are getting an error when running the game. Say client stopped responding after you put your loggin and password. 5 out of 6 friends receiving this error. I already reinstalled everything again (just bfore server patch goes down) and Im still on same problem. Any idea?

@DEAD said in Temporary Server Issues (05-21-2016):

Me and some friends are getting an error when running the game. Say client stopped responding after you put your loggin and password. 5 out of 6 friends receiving this error. I already reinstalled everything again (just bfore server patch goes down) and Im still on same problem. Any idea?

Hi @DEAD, please have a look at this post. Let me know if it helped you!

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.