NEW SERVER: HARDCORE

• Rule number 1: There are no Bless Scrolls.
    Rule number 2: Everyone starting from zero.

If you want to go carebear : play pve
    if you want to play for fun: play classic
    if you want to go full pvp: play harcore

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

If you want to split the population even more : create new server

• The new server would fit for those that are currently quitting the game because of bless system. Wich for now I can count at least 6 of my friends and eventually me. Its not about splitting the comunity, its about giving the people that are about to quit a better choice to not leave for good.

• Its the perfect solution, a hardcore server! There's already plenty of non full loot games on the market. I'm one of the guys who quit because of blessing btw.

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

Exactly my thoughts, almost everyone I had a chat here has an UO history. We wanted a "hardcore" oldschool game such as UO. Don't even open a new server, just wipe the current PVP server and make it hardcore.

Check out the top comments on steam page, many people are like "oh no ty there is no wipe". Stop this problem before it is too late.

• Just change bless scrolls so they dont work if u have skill above 60 that way they are useful to new players but useless to vets.

• @Namus said in NEW SERVER: HARDCORE:

Just change bless scrolls so they dont work if u have skill above 60 that way they are useful to new players but useless to vets.

Nice one, it would be nice to have an official response on this matter.

• This is what was written about bless scroll sometime ago ....

"Reputation System

The Reputation System that is being designed for Linkrealms is quite different from the ones seen in other hardcore MMOs. While in other games the aim is to generically penalize player killing in any form, the aim of the Criminal System of Linkrealms is to penalize only griefing, defined as purposeless murdering of other players (particularly newcomers).

Reputation & Criminal Status

The base of the Reputation System, as the name suggests, is Reputation, which determines the criminal status of a character.

There are 5 different criminal statuses for a character, represented by 5 different colors. Facing death has different consequences for a character according to its status, as explained below.

Green. A character with perfect (or almost-perfect) reputation. Faces no particular penalty for death.
    Grey. A Green character who has just performed a criminal action, such as looting a corpse for which he had no loot rights, or attacking another Green player. Faces no particular penalty for death.
    Yellow. A character with lower reputation. On death, the character loses 2 bless charges on its blessed equipment items instead of 1.
    Orange. A character with bad reputation. On death, the character loses 3 bless charges on its blessed equipment items instead of 1.
    Red. A character with terrible reputation. On death, the character loses 5 bless charges on its blessed equipment items instead of 1.
    A character only loses reputation when he initiates combat against another Green character not in his same guild/party, and kills the victim. The amount of reputation lost depends on the location in which the action took place, as explained below.
    Risk Zones

The world of Syndesia will be split in 4 different risk zones, namely:

Safe realms, which include towns and the starting area for new players. In these realms, no PvP is possible, and items aren’t dropped on death – as it is today.
    Order realms, located around towns (e.g. Oak Forest and Bandit Encampment). In these realms, murdering a green player causes the assassin to incur a heavy reputation loss, and new characters enjoy a partial degree of protection from player attacks.
    Neutral realms, located further away from towns (e.g. Darkling Forest and Hades). In these realms, murdering a green player causes the assassin to incur a light reputation loss.
    Chaotic realms, the furthest from away from towns and those where the highest prizes can be found (e.g. Mount Viscous and Tartaros). In these realms, murder and any other criminal action is devoid of any consequence."

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.