CRITICAL BUG: Patch tookout steam users.

• FOUNDER: DUKE

No one on steam can play now. The patch has caused an exception upon clicking the "login through steam" button in the client.

We are aware of the Steam login issues at the moment and will be releasing a patch for it soon.

Sorry for any inconvenience!

Best,
    GM Pain

Alright, I just emailed the bugs email you guys have with the bugreport file incase that helps.

• @Pain thank you so kindly, I thought I was the only one with this issue, but after reading the most recent Steam reviews, this obviously has been occurring for the better part of a day.

• @Pain as someone who works a lot with indie game devs in terms of marketing and community development, I would recommend being transparent about these issues when they are first recognized by your team, and doing so by posting about it on your other assets such as twitter or facebook.

• And patch notes?

• @Namus said in CRITICAL BUG: Patch tookout steam users.:

And patch notes?

yes and patch notes, be loud about it, whispering or avoiding the conversation only hurts you long-term.

• FOUNDER: BARON

Thanks for the heads up! @Pain

Patch Notes: Steam users can now upload their realms via the editor.
    Other stuff? Who knows.

@sefer said in CRITICAL BUG: Patch tookout steam users.:

Patch Notes: Steam users can now upload their realms via the editor.
    Other stuff? Who knows.

Hi @sefer, Steam users should already be able to upload their realm through the editor.

The patch should be out within 1-2 hours.

Sorry for any inconvenience!

Best,
    GM Pain

Na pain, that was what the patch was all about. We steam users couldn't upload our realm because it wanted an account name and password, and steam didn't supply us with an account name or password, all we have is a "login through steam" button. This is the main problem... You guys need to link our steam accounts to an official linkrealms account name/password of our choosing. From what I gather, steam has automatically submitted a generic/random account name/password that we are not privy towards. Even in our settings in game, clicking the "about account" tab shows us blank fields for account name, password, email... Ive seen games do this before, and they always have problems down the road. The steam account needs to be connected to an official account that we can input information into. Rather than giving us a "steam validate" button for logging in, we should have a "link your steam account to a linkrealms account" button, giving us a "choose account name and password and enter email" field. This way, steam can still use purchase payments on it, but we have the benefits of having an actual linkrealms account name/password to use for realm uploading and other things down the line that might require us to have an account name and password and email.

For example: If I uninstall steam, or get a new computer... What if it doesn't remember my account name it chose? How will I "forgot username/password" if I don't have a username or password? My steam account is likely Steamplayer#21395427 and the password is likely a randomized mixture of letters and numbers that steam just remembers for me. I don't even have an email connected to this generic account that it made for my profile...

Please consider this. It would make things alot more simpler.

@sefer said in CRITICAL BUG: Patch tookout steam users.:

Na pain, that was what the patch was all about. We steam users couldn't upload our realm because it wanted an account name and password, and steam didn't supply us with an account name or password, all we have is a "login through steam" button. This is the main problem... You guys need to link our steam accounts to an official linkrealms account name/password of our choosing. From what I gather, steam has automatically submitted a generic/random account name/password that we are not privy towards. Even in our settings in game, clicking the "about account" tab shows us blank fields for account name, password, email... Ive seen games do this before, and they always have problems down the road. The steam account needs to be connected to an official account that we can input information into. Rather than giving us a "steam validate" button for logging in, we should have a "link your steam account to a linkrealms account" button, giving us a "choose account name and password and enter email" field. This way, steam can still use purchase payments on it, but we have the benefits of having an actual linkrealms account name/password to use for realm uploading and other things down the line that might require us to have an account name and password and email.

For example: If I uninstall steam, or get a new computer... What if it doesn't remember my account name it chose? How will I "forgot username/password" if I don't have a username or password? My steam account is likely Steamplayer#21395427 and the password is likely a randomized mixture of letters and numbers that steam just remembers for me. I don't even have an email connected to this generic account that it made for my profile...

I am only relaying what I have been told. A patch was released to fix the Steam upload issue, however another issue has occurred and this patch is to fix that, these are two separate issues.

I am not a developer so I cannot offer any insight on the linking process, I will pass this suggestion onto the rest of the team for them to take a look at.

Best,
    GM Pain

This post is deleted!

• Aaaaand another rollback...

• @Namus said in CRITICAL BUG: Patch tookout steam users.:

Aaaaand another rollback...

This rollback cost me about 500 silks :(

Mines now throwing a "your game has frozen" error when trying to login to a character... I can bypass it after a while by clicking continue process.. But still, its somewhat annoying.

It takes many attempts btw.

And the game freezes everytime I transition to a new area.... Ughh I give up, please just give me a linkrealms account, i,ll throw away my steam one, it isn't worth this.

• @sefer said in CRITICAL BUG: Patch tookout steam users.:

Hi sefer,

this process already takes place behind the scenes. A Linkrealms account is created for you the first time you try to login if you have regularly purchased Linkrealms with your Steam account - without a Linkrealms account behind the scenes, things just wouldn't work.

We will implement a function to allow you to add an email to that account if you want to receive our newsletters, but there is no reason why you would need a username and password.

The fact the Editor was asking you for a username and password has just been a bad oversight on our side, due to the fact Steam users accidentally got the non-Steam version of the Editor. That has been fixed yesterday.

Hope you are enjoying Linkrealms! :)

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.