Release 02 - Minor Update (2.1)

• Hi everyone,

this has been a very, very messy morning.

In an attempt to stop some antivirus software from mistakenly identifying Linkrealms as a threat, we have released a patch that has causes login issues to several of our Steam users in an absolutely unexpected way. This has been coupled with some downtime and the necessity of a short server rollback due to a human error.

As an apology for all this troubles you had to bear, we have have gifted 15 credits (5$) to all players who have logged in to Linkrealms since the launch on Early Access.

We are now reviewing our internal processes in the company to ensure you that faulty patches and server downtimes won't happen again, and if the latter need be, they are announced in advance with clear start and end times.

Below are a couple others news that have been included in this patch.

ADDITIONS

1 - The Sorcery spells Meteor and Comet are now enabled.

CHANGES

1 - The Map Editor now allows Steam users to upload realms without requiring a Username and a Password.

2 - Skill gains in safe zones are no longer limited to 40 levels. This is a first small change on the way to the upcoming newcomers protection system and criminal system that will prevent new players from getting hopelessly harassed by more experienced players in their first days on Linkrealms - a protection one will always be able to give up any time if willing.bolded text

• @Prometheus said in Beta Update - Patch 2.0.2 (04-22-16):

2 - Skill gains in safe zones are no longer limited to 40 levels. This is a first small changes on the way to the upcoming newcomers protection system and criminal system that will prevent new players from getting hopelessly harassed by more experienced players in their first days on Linkrealms - a protection one will always be able to give up any time if willing.

:c

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

wasnt me

• Making it able to skill up skills to 100 in safe zones is a mistake but i do agree skill at 40 was too low. Make it 70.

• @Prometheus said in Beta Update - Patch 2.0.2 (04-22-16):

2 - Skill gains in safe zones are no longer limited to 40 levels. This is a first small change on the way to the upcoming newcomers protection system and criminal system that will prevent new players from getting hopelessly harassed by more experienced players in their first days on Linkrealms - a protection one will always be able to give up any time if willing.

Oh come on! First mistake was to create PvE server at all, now second mistake is trying to make PvP same as PvE step by step...

• I love the new spells, boo! ;) <3

• @Vetro said in Beta Update - Patch 2.0.2 (04-22-16):

@Prometheus said in Beta Update - Patch 2.0.2 (04-22-16):

2 - Skill gains in safe zones are no longer limited to 40 levels. This is a first small change on the way to the upcoming newcomers protection system and criminal system that will prevent new players from getting hopelessly harassed by more experienced players in their first days on Linkrealms - a protection one will always be able to give up any time if willing.

Oh come on! First mistake was to create PvE server at all, now second mistake is trying to make PvP same as PvE step by step...

PvE server is not a mistake people that play on it can say the same thing for PvP server. Besides people that play on PvE server wouldn't play at all if PvP server was only choice.

Meteor is pretty weak considering cast time and that it needs 2 essences. Comet is pretty nice.

• @Namus said in Beta Update - Patch 2.0.2 (04-22-16):

PvE server is not a mistake people that play on it can say the same thing for PvP server. Besides people that play on PvE server wouldn't play at all if PvP server was only choice.

Meteor is pretty weak considering cast time and that it needs 2 essences. Comet is pretty nice.

Oh is it? You know people voted earlier to make this game full loot PvP instead of PvE (where PvE was first server at all and was changed to PvP one because if voting)? And now they cried about creating PvE one because there is only PvP? Also last time i logged on PvE server it was like 20+ players online what in my opinion is kinda mistake and waste of potential...

• @Vetro said in Beta Update - Patch 2.0.2 (04-22-16):

@Namus said in Beta Update - Patch 2.0.2 (04-22-16):

Oh is it? You know people voted earlier to make this game full loot PvP instead of PvE (where PvE was first server at all and was changed to PvP one because if voting)? And now they cried about creating PvE one because there is only PvP? Also last time i logged on PvE server it was like 20+ players online what in my opinion is kinda mistake and waste of potential...

PvE server targets a different audience than PvP server. Its that simple. Shutting PvE server would just make people that play on it completely leave.

• Good move IMO. Getting steamrolled with no way of fighting back isn't fun for new players.

You definitely shouldnt be able to max a char on a pvp server without leaving the safe zone. I like the 70# better. And honestly 40 was fine to me. Too much hand holding in games now a days. Play a pvp server? Expect to be pkd. You can't be killed twice in a row unless you enable it.

• @Namus said in Beta Update - Patch 2.0.2 (04-22-16):
    PvE server targets a different audience than PvP server. Its that simple. Shutting PvE server would just make people that play on it completely leave.

Not really. Half of players on PvE server if not even more than half (mostly UFO guild members), are players who went there from PvP server. So if there won't be PvE server at all, they would still play on PvP like they did before steam release. By the way, you know that on PvE server most of crucial dungeons are on PvP area anyway?

• 40 limit should have been increased, but being able to max out in safezones is a bad thing, give reduced exp or something. I get where it's coming from. If people weren't killing noobs religiously this wouldn't have happened. I think 60 is acceptable, or to reduce exp after 40.

As a new played, I agree that being able to max in a safe zone is probably not the best ideas. The person who presented 70ish as a max sounds about fair. 40 did seem too low. Unfortunately, I think it's players like Holya that kinda require things like this in the first place lol. Either way, thanks for the new patch. I can finally place my house! :D Awesome that you guys work on weekends.

Also, why would anyone down vote this patch info? These guys are working hard, and made some really good changes.

• Because some people feel entitled to being able to 1 shot new players.

• @tinklepee said in Beta Update - Patch 2.0.2 (04-22-16):

Because some people feel entitled to being able to 1 shot new players.

its simple if you die in 1 shot maybe fix that. die in 2 shots next time.

• @Crispy said in Beta Update - Patch 2.0.2 (04-22-16):

its simple if you die in 1 shot maybe fix that. die in 2 shots next time.

it's like double the fun

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.