a goodbye

• I'm leaving this shitstorm and I'm just gonna come back in a month to see how this pans out...

• Yeah, same here. My magic char can't do anything.

Thought I'd level up staff fighting and some of the sub classes of magic, but this is just terrible.

100 levels of staff fighting just of a small chance to dodge? Hit too, but with that kind of damage, who cares if you hit or miss. The only reason anyone would take this skill is they're hoping they'll be able to cast a spell without being interrupted. I hit level 60 and it's still no fun to play. I have some spells doing 1 damage.

I hope this magic system is good.

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• @Roundwaters said in a goodbye:

Yeah, same here. My magic char can't do anything.

Thought I'd level up staff fighting and some of the sub classes of magic, but this is just terrible.

100 levels of staff fighting just of a small chance to dodge? Hit too, but with that kind of damage, who cares if you hit or miss. The only reason anyone would take this skill is they're hoping they'll be able to cast a spell without being interrupted. I hit level 60 and it's still no fun to play. I have some spells doing 1 damage.

I hope this magic system is good.

60 Staff Fighting is like 60 Severing or any other combat skill. Of course you're going to be hit frequently by monsters that have more than 60 combat skill - and all medium+ monsters do. You'll see the difference when you are at 100 - and don't forget there is a modifier called Superior Dodge, too. As for damage, same story: get your selected school skills up to 100 and you'll see your spells deal way more damage than they used to before. With maxed Invocation and high SDI and WIS you can deal more than 100 damage with one Thunderbolt - just an example...

• We'll see. Right now it just seems I have to tweak way too much just to do half decent damage.

• @Roundwaters

You can cast like two thunderbolts and thats it.

thunderbolt>potion>thunderbolt>potion.

oom dead.

• @MrDaltin Once you get 40% magic cost reduction on gear you can cast more than that ;)

• It's getting a little better now that I'm leveling conjuring and invocation.

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

One of the big problems that hasn't been addressed with mages is the mana cost of spells. Meditation can't sustain you in pvp for very long and even with decent mcr it's the same story. I hope they do something else to help mages in the mana department.

• @Clavicus

Right now it's archeryrealms.

• @Clavicus said in a goodbye:

One of the big problems that hasn't been addressed with mages is the mana cost of spells. Meditation can't sustain you in pvp for very long and even with decent mcr it's the same story. I hope they do something else to help mages in the mana department.

Actually, some of the lower spells have very low cast costs and can be cast pretty quickly without running out of mana. I'm reserving judgement until I see the rest of the magic overhaul.

Although combat is being optimized for player vs player. You might have enough mana to take down a player, but the HP on the bosses in this game are huge, and a boss fight where you have to go meditate ever couple of minutes is dumb.

@Roundwaters I'm very aware of how pvp works. The last mage I fought (Prometheus yes the dev) cast little rinky dinky spells on me. I didn't care hit a heal. He ran oom quickly. It was a draw because after he ran oom I left .

• @Clavicus He ran oom cause in this game you can spam drink like nuts. Its a battle of who has more drinks vs mana...
    Anyway later it is possible to have 40% magic cost reduction from gear.

• Ugh, PvE as a pure mage is hell. Either do no damage, or use up all your mana to do a bit of damage.

@Namus everyone has more drinks than mana. A good mage can still pk but you need to have spiritualism currently so your mage spirit freezes them and they can't heal while frozen. This will change hopefully when new spells are implemented. I've already dropped spirit in anticipation (I won't be playing him till the spells are implemented).

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.