Linkrealms locks up after Windows UAC prompt appears

• FOUNDER: SETTLER

So I am having an issue where if I already have Linkrealms open and I open another program that has any sort of UAC prompt come up it will cause Linkrealms to freeze. If the Linkrealms window is active then it freezes in place, if the Linkrealms window was minimized when the UAC prompt comes up then upon reopening Linkrealms window I am greeted with a black screen where Linkrealms once was. A simple closing and re-opening of the Linkrealms client does work but this shouldn't be happening. Basically if I need to run another program in Administrator mode I need to do it before I open Linkrealms to ensure that it will not cause an issue while I am playing Linkrealms. But an unexpected UAC prompt is rather frustrating as I means I have to close and re-open my Linkrealms game.

I am currently using Windows 10, and I play with the game in a window. If there is any other information you require of me to look into this issue do not hesitate to ask. Thanks and keep up the great work so far guys!!

• @Quikdeath said in Linkrealms locks up after Windows UAC prompt appears:

So I am having an issue where if I already have Linkrealms open and I open another program that has any sort of UAC prompt come up it will cause Linkrealms to freeze. If the Linkrealms window is active then it freezes in place, if the Linkrealms window was minimized when the UAC prompt comes up then upon reopening Linkrealms window I am greeted with a black screen where Linkrealms once was. A simple closing and re-opening of the Linkrealms client does work but this shouldn't be happening. Basically if I need to run another program in Administrator mode I need to do it before I open Linkrealms to ensure that it will not cause an issue while I am playing Linkrealms. But an unexpected UAC prompt is rather frustrating as I means I have to close and re-open my Linkrealms game.

I am currently using Windows 10, and I play with the game in a window. If there is any other information you require of me to look into this issue do not hesitate to ask. Thanks and keep up the great work so far guys!!

Sadly this happens any time another program causes Linkrealms to have a DirectX device reset. It could also happen when another game is launched fullscreen, or even with several non-game applications. We have already scheduled to work on this issue. Sorry for the annoyance and thank you for your kind words!

• FOUNDER: SETTLER

@Prometheus said in Linkrealms locks up after Windows UAC prompt appears:

@Quikdeath said in Linkrealms locks up after Windows UAC prompt appears:

Sadly this happens any time another program causes Linkrealms to have a DirectX device reset. It could also happen when another game is launched fullscreen, or even with several non-game applications. We have already scheduled to work on this issue. Sorry for the annoyance and thank you for your kind words!

Ok thanks @Prometheus, just wanted to make sure that the issue was known.

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.