Increase cooldown on drinks

• Make it 30 seconds. That way healing magic will play a role and 1v1 PvP wont be a contest of spamming health drinks.

• maybe 20s
    30s would make heal too op imo - but the point is that must be larget than 5s

• @DEAD It wouldn't be too op for heal to be effective you would have to raise abjuration and for that you need to sacrifice something else. Besides it has casting time so it wouldn't be that effective in 1v1 but having a support caster in group would be very valuable.

• FOUNDER: SETTLER

PVE will be difficult!

• @Sativao I thought that was supposed to be one of the good things that increased cooldown would bring?

• FOUNDER: SETTLER

@Namus
    Law did not understand your question.
    About the post , I think it would be a mistake to increase, PVP desbalance and PVE very Hard.

• @Sativao PvE very hard = good and PvP would be more balanced than now.

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

If any change were made the heal should be over time instead of instant. Maybe 3 tics spreading out the heal. This change was done in dfuw with bandage (from instant to over time) and was a pretty good change. I'd rather see bandages implemented so warriors could cross heal like up tho but frankly I'd rather see other things like sorcery spells completed and mining/blacks.ithing.

• @Clavicus Heal over time would be better than current system but still not enough imo. PvE is simply not challenging like this and like i said its bad for PvP too.

• @Namus said in Increase cooldown on drinks:

Make it 30 seconds. That way healing magic will play a role and 1v1 PvP wont be a contest of spamming health drinks.

This would be a bit too radical but we actually have plans for heal rebalancing, stay tuned :)

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

Instead of playing with the cooldowns, implementing a mechanic such as "healing effect reduction" would be more convenient for PvP.

• FOUNDER: DUKE

truth be told, drinks vs spell heals, spiritual priest heals, wizard heals, are a bit too powerful imo. I have some moonshine that heals for 38-46 per drink, I can run and spam that stuff, and even raise a skill that increases the effects? As opposed to a powerfully skilled healing spell or spirit healer, who can only heal 5.. Spirit healer does 5 every 3-4 seconds it seems or longer, and throws a redwine at you if your almost dead (26 heal.) Which of course, takes longer to cast... And triggers when your inches from dieing which... Doesn't really help most the time resulting in you cursing your priest out as a ghost taking enjoyment out of watching the mobs kill him. The wizard could heal a bit more health too, tho his overall healing everything is quite amazing, a bit longer duration would be nice.

I'm thinking 5-10 second cooldown on healing items would make healing magics alot more viable, but they could also stand to have their effects increased as well.

• @sefer said in Increase cooldown on drinks:

truth be told, drinks vs spell heals, spiritual priest heals, wizard heals, are a bit too powerful imo. I have some moonshine that heals for 38-46 per drink, I can run and spam that stuff, and even raise a skill that increases the effects? As opposed to a powerfully skilled healing spell or spirit healer, who can only heal 5.. Spirit healer does 5 every 3-4 seconds it seems or longer, and throws a redwine at you if your almost dead (26 heal.) Which of course, takes longer to cast... And triggers when your inches from dieing which... Doesn't really help most the time resulting in you cursing your priest out as a ghost taking enjoyment out of watching the mobs kill him. The wizard could heal a bit more health too, tho his overall healing everything is quite amazing, a bit longer duration would be nice.

I'm thinking 5-10 second cooldown on healing items would make healing magics alot more viable, but they could also stand to have their effects increased as well.

Your analysis is largely correct, sefer. We will improve heal balancing soon :)

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.