Huge Bug in PVP/Combat

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

When you right click to attack someone you stand still.

Meaning it's 100% safe to esape pvp which is the case in almost all of the fights I have with other players

When moving your character should not stop for a few ms.

Also, the zones leading to the Bee hive and the PVP entrance dungeon area, are peace zones.

• I fixed those two realms, will be live in the next patch. Could you explain a bit better what you mean with the other bug?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDWb4avx_I4

• Too easy to dodge fights/run away since cripple only slows long enough for another melee attack. For something that is supposed to slow your opponent, it really doesn't do anything.

• Huge issue with melee dysnc, on your screen you may seem in range but not hitting. Happens alot.

• Cross into another zone and back is terrible, should be forbidden, if you attack someone you shouldn't be able to zone.

• Navigating with your mouse and clicking the target to attack them pauses your movement. For example when you cross a zone you lose your target, they run away. You chase, but you have to click them to start attacking. When you double click to attack it pauses your movement for a split second, giving the person you are chasing a huge head start. With current mechanics this results in fleeing any sort of PVP, with 100% ease.

*Solution, add a hotkey/button for Attack, enable to bind it to a key so you can attack and move at same time. Next attack does this but it targets a random thing.

• @zycor said:

• Cross into another zone and back is terrible, should be forbidden, if you attack someone you shouldn't be able to zone.

I don't think it should be forbidden, just add a game mechanic where someone cant go in and out of realms in a small amount of time. It's healthier then enforcing something that is really hard to report. But yeah, great points I guess.

• The movement desync is indeed a major issue coming from legacy code logically very badly designed. It doesn't only affect PvP, but it's indeed mostly a pain in melee PvP. It will be addressed in one of the upcoming patches!

• @Prometheus said:

The movement desync is indeed a major issue coming from legacy code logically very badly designed. It doesn't only affect PvP, but it's indeed mostly a pain in melee PvP. It will be addressed in one of the upcoming patches!

This is AWESOME!
    I was thinking maybe there's no way to fix it without making your character location client side (which would make the game vulnerable to speedhacks in the process), glad I was wrong. Seriously looking forward to this. :)

A lot of older games I played have this problem easy solution is to extend melee range.

• Banned

@zycor

I think they should scale melee range with some kind of 'movement factor' that would be calculated from average distance traveled (over some recent period of time) by your target and yourself - devs could calibrate that over average de-sync.

I can't really program so I don't know if that would be possible technically.

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.