Lockpicking Skill level bug

• when you get to .9 in lockpicking it seems like you cant get any more xp, and this time i actually cant get any more, im at 36.9 lockpicking and i havent got an xp drop for about 35 chests. Im guessing this is a bug, Because it seems a little weird to just stop getting xp for no reason

• @Whyismy Check if your skill points are capped and if yes if you have any skill you don't need set to lower itself.

• i dont have max skills im at about 500/700 it should be going up
    alt text

• Mine hadn't been going up either. I'm level 75, been doing level 70 chests, and nothing.

• actually now that ive noticed, this happens a lot and not just a .9 on the level it seems like it will randomly just stop you from gaining xp anymore until a certain point

Hi @Whyismy, thank you for the report. I have a few questions - Which chests were you lockpicking and which lockpicks were you using? Have you tried moving the arrow up and down to see if it fixes itself?

Also, low level chests should not give skill points after a certain threshold.

• right now at level 37 ive been picklocking 10-30 and no i havent tried moving the arrow up and down, basic lock picks, also ill try now

You have a 100% chance to unlock a chest if you are 25 levels higher than the lock level and you also do not have a chance of skill gain.

@Whyismy As level 37, I assume you are mostly lockpicking level 10 chests, in that case this is no bug. Try lockpicking a higher level chest and see if you start gaining skills and let me know, thanks!

• @Pain said in Lockpicking Skill level bug:

You have a 100% chance to unlock a chest if you are 25 levels higher than the lock level and you also do not have a chance of skill gain.

Is it? I was pretty sure it is 20 levels difference, because when you reach it, there is no more skill gain while lockpicking and I have never failed opening a chest like that.

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.