Unable to Update

• When I try to update, I get an error message: "Could not execute the patch. Your game client may be out of date and not function properly." Always happens at the same point - I've tried deleting everything and reinstalling, but it always fails at the same set of files.

unable to patch

• Reinstall the game. It will by default try to install in the "Program Files (x86), but just change that so it downloads into the regular program files.

@DeathTrap try doing what Roundwaters suggested, if you continue to get this error then let me know. Thanks!

• @Pain Still getting the error - uninstalled Linkrealms, deleted the folder it had installed to, and reinstalled. Still fails at the same point, with the same message. If it matters, I have it downloading to my secondary drive, my E drive, which is where I have almost all of my games installed (I leave my primary, which is a SSD, free for things with that require that kind of excess speed).

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

Prometheus said this in a similar thread.

Run the program as administrator
    Install on C drive if not there already
    Install on Program Files (not Program Files x86)

• @Clavicus said in Unable to Update:

Hm. Does it have to install there? I don't want to install anything on my SSD that I don't have to - and Linkrealms doesn't require that kind of excess read/write speed.

• @DeathTrap said in Unable to Update:

@Clavicus said in Unable to Update:

Hm. Does it have to install there? I don't want to install anything on my SSD that I don't have to - and Linkrealms doesn't require that kind of excess read/write speed.

Our patching software seems to have issues with windows 10. If you can, please try what Clavicus suggested until we manage to solve those issues - and sorry for the inconvenience!

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.