The 10 tips thread! Give Prometeus some feedback.

• OK! @Prometheus , here some feedback from what I see and think about your game so far. I also invite every1 else to do the same.

1. Keep the way skilling up in protected áreas are. Its good for new players to stay safe till they think they are good enought to go outside.

2. Increase skill gain in pvp areas (never inside houses). Most of people that are online right now are making assisted macro... if you give some kind of bonus to skill gain in pvp area, they might take the risk to go outside and actually play the game (or just risk even more to do assisted macro outside).

3. Book or some container to hold all those marked maps more organized.

4. When you double click something in your bag, make it so the item goes to an specific spot in your backpack, not random place. Would even be best if it goes to the same place in your backpack that it was before you double click. This would help to keep my backpack more organized.

5. Ok, I know it was stated before in numerous threads... but... PLEASE... remove item blessing or make it something super rare, allowing players only to acquire it in server events or something. Right now, I dont see any vet worried about death. You can get your artifact blessed sooo easy that this game doesnt even look like full loot. Even people in bad gear like me, have everything blessed with uncommon bless scrolls.

6. Interruption to Spiritualism spells! Kinda op that you cant be interrupted.

7. You need something like ID hotkey to reequip a kind of item once it done with durability - yes, like UO - to allow people to macro with staves. Right now if you go afk to train staffighting, the staff will break in under 1 hour while with crossbow, hammer and swords you can sit/afk hitting monsters all night long.

8. Minor artifacts - yes! Dropped at random from weak mobs in pvp area - (help to close the gap between newbs and vets).

9. Shields! Bows! Daggers! Backstabbing! (Take your time to implement, of course)

10. Tatical moves for Staves and Unnarmed!

Thank you! Dont think all this ideas will be accepted, but I hope you think about this.

• Number 1 is a bit tricky, I think there should be a limit, but instead of having the old really low limit, it should be something closer to lv 70 or 80.

I really like the idea number 2, right now the game feels a bit like a graveyard filled with zombies just standing around. I'm not saying that macroing is a bad thing, because for a game like this it's just seems natural, but having some sort of reward for actively training opposed to just passively sitting still would be just perfect.

If it comes to number 3, there is nothing stopping you from having a burlap bag filled with nothing but TP scrolls, what I personally do.

I don't agree with number 5, simply because I like to look stylish and having to recolor everything I have every time I die sounds more like a pain in the ass. Non artifact items are really easy to get your hands on, so keeping them blessed is just more convenient.
    I do think that blessing artifacts should be severely limited though, the way things are right now, it's way too easy to keep them. I suggest limiting the number of blessings a bless scroll gives you. Keep in mind it's just my opinion though.

• I would make a 11

1. Fix durability on dropped staves. Was farming for a decente non artifact staff with 3 propertys for like 4 hours...just dropped a good one... but it has 35 max durability... so it holds only 100 essences... lame.

• FOUNDER: SETTLER

Number 2 seems like a bad idea. Spawners would be useless along with the circle of life. These are cash items btw and some players buy these items.

• @Vesuva Spawners are useless. The spawn rate is so low you're better off doing literally anything else.
    Also, keep in mind they weren't created with skill grinding in mind. As broken as spawners are, they were made for the players to have their cute little haunted houses or mini dungeons.

@Deneb So basically you want to scratch two cash items and give it no value?

• @Vesuva At what point did I imply any of that? I just stated what I think about spawners at their current state. I wasn't referring to the OP, but to your comment only.

If you can only do "X" to progress further without an option to do "Y" or "Z" then leveling will just be linear like those other MMO's where you are forced to go to another area to gain more EXP.

• I could be playing... instead, I am macroing in city :P

• @DEAD
    Remember, if it comes to macros or bots, you are the only person stopping yourself from having fun.

• FOUNDER: DUKE

as much as I would love for spiritualism to be treated as a primary skill, like necromancy in UO, its more of a... support skill. I'm still trying to keep it primary, got 125 in the stat and everything for maximum output... But plain and simple, its all support and no bite on its own, why it even has a stat is beyond me, it should just share one with magic. I liked the idea of it because I figured it was like necro... It is in a way, but in a huge way its lacking, and adding disruptions to it in its current state would basically be like saying "hey, lets add a skill and a stat no one ever uses."

1. The heals are terrible, tho magical heals for magic and spirits in general are completely terrible atm, (and food is far too good with a small cooldown.)
    2. Most spirits were designed to be cast in combat, having special effects that only last long enough to benefit you if you had cast them while under fire.
    3. even with max stat and skill, spirit damage is weak, many last too short, and the ones that last the longest tend to deal the least damage, and are more used for their secondary abilities like freezing, healing, perfect aim for 5 seconds, weak link for 5 seconds, etc...(this furthers the puzzling question as to why it has its own stat in the first place, as a very meager amount of stat is normally chosen as it is only treated as a support skill for the bonus effects rather than as seen as an outright good primary skill with a stat, like magic is considered.)

• @sefer "lets add a skill and a stat no one ever uses" right... so u prefer to let it be like it is right now? everyone MUST have it or fail at end game pvp/pve?

• I agree with everything, I REALLY THINK NUMBER 5 IS IMPORTANT, this game doesn't feel full loot at all (the reason I bought it)... I disagree with number 7, it would make people start using 3rd party programs to switch weapons during pvp, there must be another way to buff the staves durability to macro (which is an issue).

I have 10 other ideas, which I posted in a different topic, before seeing this one:

1 - Parrying / Shields = This is an interesting addition, we need tanks, hopefully this will be added with mining/blacksmith, so that players have the option to go different routes when picking out their skills and their function in a party, group play, or even solo play.

2 - Dispell / Mass Dispell - These 2 spells should be added to sorcery asap, as a way of countering spiritualism, which I will talk about below. Dispell would remove 1 summon, and mass dispell, all summons in the targeted area. The spells should be placed in the according sorcery tree.

3 - Spiritualism - Everyone needs this spell, no matter if ur a mage, archer, mauler, anything, if u want to succeed, u need this skill... which kind of makes the game ridiculous, because it limits everyone to having this skill if they want to reach end game pvp/pve. The reason dispell / mass dispell is so needed is because spiritualism is so strong. There's no need to nerf spiritualism, but maybe make it so it needs more than 1 skill to use, maybe another skill to control the summons successfully, or separate the spells from the summons in 2 different skills.

4 - Stats - 275 should be the cap, and only cap, no elixirs. There's no point in having caps, if you can go over them using in game items, we already have items that increase stats, by raising the hard cap using enlightenment (i'm not even sure how many u can use in total), it makes ur char able to have STR/AGI/PSI, and then again, ur not only a warrior/archer, but u can summon a zoo as well. 275 would help on getting this back under control.

5 - Magic unlock / Magic untrap - Spells from Ultima Online which could be considered here, maybe not to open higher chests, which require 60+, but maybe to open lesser chests... Magic untrap, to remove traps from the chests that are picked, these could not do that small silly explosion damage, but deal serious damage and poison players if the trap is not removed before opening.

6 - Lockpicking - I don't know, I just think the skill gain is REALLY ridiculous... is it worth it? Yeah I guess, but it's insane... specially for people who started leveling it after STEAM release and have to fight over many other players to raise the skill... OK, players who already have the skill at a really high level will complain that they worked hard to get there, but I'm not saying to make it easier, but maybe add chests which can be bought to train, and incease the respawn rate of these chests around city maybe...

7 - Merge spell defiance + Endurance - If that would make it a must have, maybe make spell defiance better, as it is not worth having 100.0 points on it right now... I mean, compare having 100 in spell defiance and having 100 in spiritualism... see the gap?

8 - Consitution + Invigoration merge / Meditation + Concentration merge - These skills could also be merged in the future, so players have more skill points left to put in something more interesting.

9 - Sorcery - The new spells are great, and the new schools seem like they will be awesome, however some changes are really needed. Having 100 sorcery shouldn't open all schools and spells available in the game, but only up to 5th circle, and the ones after that only for players who have 50+ in the spell school. Casting heal minor, might, and 1st circle skills shouldn't be increasing ur sorcery past 30, like it is right now, still increasing the skill at 80+... Try opening a 0 lockpicking chest to see if ur going to increase ur skill past 25-30... I'm not sure about the mana cost right now, if players had the stat limit of 125/275, they could be reconsidered, since 60 is a lot... however the spells might be more powerful in the future, yet to see.

10 - 2 working skills per character - i think its a good idea just to see different players doing different things, instead of seeing jacks of all trades... kinda dumb seeing everyone in the guild being a tailor and a chef, and in the future, everyone being a miner/bs, would be interested to have specific spells for each player, so we rely on each other.

@Phrost said in The 10 tips thread! Give Prometeus some feedback.:

@sefer "lets add a skill and a stat no one ever uses" right... so u prefer to let it be like it is right now? everyone MUST have it or fail at end game pvp/pve?

spiritualism is most like spellweaving http://www.uoguide.com/Spellweaving

@phrost said in The 10 tips thread! Give Prometeus some feedback.: 3 - Spiritualism - Everyone needs this spell, no matter if ur a mage, archer, mauler, anything, if u want to succeed, u need this skill... which kind of makes the game ridiculous, because it limits everyone to having this skill if they want to reach end game pvp/pve. The reason dispell / mass dispell is so needed is because spiritualism is so strong. There's no need to nerf spiritualism, but maybe make it so it needs more than 1 skill to use, maybe another skill to control the summons successfully, or separate the spells from the summons in 2 different skills.

What you are talking about is just like necromancy, which requires spirit speak also trained to even attempt to cast the spells.

The problem with this however, is multiple things.

1. Magic, necromancy, spellweaving, all skills you can use holding any weapon, this is because good armor prevents you from casting spells because the disrupt is high.

2. because of 1, many magical builds include multiple magics, theres even spells in each that compliment each other, but also because you can use other weapons, that includes a vast array of dif weapons/skills too, many builds :D.

3. This game is early access, so many builds are not really possible atm.

4. Spiritualism would need to be drastically changed and have spells added too it in order to be considered a primary skill. Adding more restrictions too it as it is now will only kill it, it will not balance things out.

5. spiritualism is one of only a few support skills, most fighters have them all.
      Poisoning, spirit, battle tactics, uhh... maybe another? I don't remember, but not many choices, so everyone going for max damage gets them all. Once the game gets more skills, it wont be "everyone needs this" It will be "what should i choose..."

• @Phrost , thanks for you feedback! hope more people keep this kind of thread going.
    About lockpick: I feel it too. Lockpick is a PAIN to level up - and without it, you loose like 30% of the games fun imo.

while lockpicking is indeed a pain, its rewards at higher levels are very good, a chest that only drops artifacts is unlocked at 90 skill.

• @sefer Sorry to derrail the thread but how do you exactly level up lockpicking?OT: Hmm I'm pretty happy with the game so far the only thing i can say is a bit lacking is the map feels a bit small but other than that the game is pretty great.

• @Lynxxen You keep on opening chests that are in your level range, which means that anything 25 or more levels below your lockpicking will give you no exp.

• @sefer I wouldn't call it secondary, when EVERYONE needs to have it.

1. It's a skill that offers damage.
    2. It's a skill that offers utility through buffs.
    3. It's a skill that can reveal hidden players.
    4. It's a skill that offers summons that WORK.

Now you say Sorcery is a primary skill.

1. Sorcery only offers damage when combined with another skill (Invocation).
    2. Sorcery only offers decent buffs when combined with another skill (Alteration).
    3. Sorcery can reveal hidden players, ok.
    4. Sorcery depends on another skill to summon mobs that don't work (Conjuration).

Sorcery spells take way more resources (mana/essences) than Spiritualism.

There's no point defending a skill that is broken. Any player who joins any guild and asks what should they level up, will be told, "Either you level up spiritualism, or your character will suck." And that is true, unfortunately. How is that secondary?

• Please add mounts :D

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.