80 ppl on start now barely 30

• What is the reason for 50 ppl that begged on forum to get a beta key to leave the game after day one?

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

Old school games aren't for everyone. Also, a lot of carebears don't like the fact they have to PVP.

• Also MGS:TPP released yesterday :(

• The reason is quite simple sadly - some people didn't like the game, as to be expected. The FTUE was also problematic since starting items were not blessed, plus a few other issues. Many of those will be addressed in the upcoming patch, then we will let in a new wave of testers!

• There is a reason UO make Trammel
    People was leaving UO when only Felucca too!

• designer dragon ruined the game by making it so casual for me.

• @MOBii said:

There is a reason UO make Trammel
    People was leaving UO when only Felucca too!

I hope you're joking.

• No that is not a joke
    When UO get Trammel the game start get famous
    a online game need casual players money!
    If casual player is only for the the amusement for the PK player then the developer need to rethink if they want Linkrealms to become a economic success!

• @MOBii said:

No that is not a joke
    When UO get Trammel the game start get famous
    a online game need casual players money!
    If casual player is only for the the amusement for the PK player then the developer need to rethink if they want Linkrealms to become a economic success!

I agree with it from a business standpoint, but there's something you don't understand. Every single MMORPG "has Trammel". One of the reasons I'm absolutely addicted to Linkrealms is because it doesn't have Trammel. There's very few places for an MMO player to get his fix for this style of game. Linkrealms attracts a a certain type of niche within the gaming market which makes up the majority of their custom.

Also, I think I read somewhere that if demand allows it (the game will be on Steam soon so players will definitely increase) a PvE-focused server will actually be created. Personally I prefer a world where PvPers and PvEers are inhabiting the same world, you know. Figure out a way to survive, hire a merc for your mining runs etc. But, from a business perspective it makes sense.

• The goal should be:
    Risk vs reward and real consequences of your behavior. No mass murder without punishment - no rare stuff without risk and challenge.

Risk for even grinding skill is a bit hash!
    I can image all steam player that want to test and come out with 40 skill in the unsafe zone to try get skill 41 and meet player with 100 in skill that going to have their time of their life for 2 weeks!
    Then Linkrealms is going to have less new player.
    To start a new MMo you have 1 chance, so Linkrealms need to make casual player happy to, not only the PK Players happy!

All the pure hardcore PVP MMoRPG has fail that I been following.
    Darkfall didn't become a star
    UO make PK player and casual player both happy

• @MOBii said:

The goal should be:
    Risk vs reward and real consequences of your behavior. No mass murder without punishment - no rare stuff without risk and challenge.

Risk for even grinding skill is a bit hash!
    I can image all steam player that want to test and come out with 40 skill in the unsafe zone to try get skill 41 and meet player with 100 in skill that going to have their time of their life for 2 weeks!
    Then Linkrealms is going to have less new player.
    To start a new MMo you have 1 chance, so Linkrealms need to make casual player happy to, not only the PK Players happy!

All the pure hardcore PVP MMoRPG has fail that I been following.
    Darkfall didn't become a star
    UO make PK player and casual player both happy

Darkfall failed due to a very poor development team who were unresponsive, slow at content updates / fixing issues, and lying to customers. They would promise a patch and delay it multiple times for multiple made up reasons.

Darkfall didn't fail because of the game.

• Darkfall been done with content updates and been failing promote new players for years
    You can't just make PK Player happy, in the end not even PK Player is happy!
    PK Player need casual player to toy around with to be happy!

• Ive played this game over 3 years ago and i played it last year, Now when i try to download the game it wont finish the download and can someone give me a beta key if i need one. Even tho my ingame account is old

• Banned

This does not make any sense. Can you devs confirm that people voted for hardcore PvP server? Somehow I find that hard to believe.

• @zycor said:

Old school games aren't for everyone. Also, a lot of carebears don't like the fact they have to PVP.

The simple fact of all those oh-so-eager-to-play play people leaving after one day, combined with this explanation, just made the game that much better imo. Also it's foolish of them to judge by this beta-test, I mean, am I wrong when I say I doubt this is how the game will look like in it's most finished version? (Not a problem if that's the case, but even if it's an old school game, it's a new game, we could definitely do with some more polished graphics -- I'm not on the team behind this but I just say "we" cause i'd definitely make some models/art and send it in if this game doesn't crash.

The niche this game is in, is actually really fresh atm, even if it's really old. This game is the best replacement (AND FREE) of another Open World PvP Sandbox game i bought a founder's pack for. While I wait for that game to re-open alpha/beta, there's only a couple other games that resemble it. One, you pay for a pretty big sum, and a couple of others a smaller sum. None of them seem to be any better than this right here tho, and if they are, they've got a bigger team and more money, so this just has to get at that same point and likely might push many other games aside.

-Sorry for wall of text, dunno where all of this came from, probably from my disgust of all these money-leeching no-good copy-another-MMO games, and the fresh batch of games this year has brought in.

So in my humble oppinion,
    GOOD JOB Mythyn ! Bringing the nostalgic feeling of a massive adventure starting in a new game based on the most played, loved and beautiful games from back in the days ! Wish this all the luck and let's not destroy ourselves with the low amount of people thing, let's just build a better core community, so we can be there to make the game more enjoyable for future testers along the way on the road to succes :D

• @Aeneas-Skyless said:

@zycor said:

The simple fact of all those oh-so-eager-to-play play people leaving after one day, combined with this explanation, just made the game that much better imo. Also it's foolish of them to judge by this beta-test, I mean, am I wrong when I say I doubt this is how the game will look like in it's most finished version? (Not a problem if that's the case, but even if it's an old school game, it's a new game, we could definitely do with some more polished graphics -- I'm not on the team behind this but I just say "we" cause i'd definitely make some models/art and send it in if this game doesn't crash.

The niche this game is in, is actually really fresh atm, even if it's really old. This game is the best replacement (AND FREE) of another Open World PvP Sandbox game i bought a founder's pack for. While I wait for that game to re-open alpha/beta, there's only a couple other games that resemble it. One, you pay for a pretty big sum, and a couple of others a smaller sum. None of them seem to be any better than this right here tho, and if they are, they've got a bigger team and more money, so this just has to get at that same point and likely might push many other games aside.

-Sorry for wall of text, dunno where all of this came from, probably from my disgust of all these money-leeching no-good copy-another-MMO games, and the fresh batch of games this year has brought in.

GOOD JOB Mythyn ! Bringing the nostalgic feeling of a massive adventure starting in a new game based on the most played, loved and beautiful games from back in the days ! Wish this all the luck and let's not destroy ourselves with the low amount of people thing, let's just build a better core community, so we can be there to make the game more enjoyable for future testers along the way on the road to succes :D

I agree with this.

Also, by any chance was that game Albion Online? I also purchased beta for that after waiting for ages, and I can see it going down the route of heavy instancing which is why I have been looking for another game (and I think Linkrealms might just be it). Safezone guild territory for farming resources, instanced player islands, and their upcoming content update that makes islands more important by allowing people to farm on them just really turns me off from the game, but I'll play the next beta phase and release and see what they bring. We'll see.

They basically seem to have copped out and said "fuck it, lets just put houses on islands". As it currently stands it seems the open world in Albion will soon only be used for traveling through to get from one instance / safezone to another.

For me, an MMORPG being fully open world is a big deal.

EDIT: Sorry for doublepost, deleted.

• This post is deleted!

• @DiZMeX said:

@Aeneas-Skyless said:

@zycor said:

I agree with this.

Also, by any chance was that game Albion Online? I also purchased beta for that after waiting for ages, and I can see it going down the route of heavy instancing which is why I have been looking for another game (and I think Linkrealms might just be it). Safezone guild territory for farming resources, instanced player islands, and their upcoming content update that makes islands more important by allowing people to farm on them just really turns me off from the game, but I'll play the next beta phase and release and see what they bring. We'll see.

They basically seem to have copped out and said "fuck it, lets just put houses on islands". As it currently stands it seems the open world in Albion will soon only be used for traveling through to get from one instance / safezone to another.

Applauds and fills with joy as u guessed me right and are on my train of thought :D Good man !

I dunno what you do in there btw but i ran a 60% tax guild that was voted for and approved by all 20 players in it (we all met in that alpha-test, how cool is that btw? :p ). We kinda made a ton of cash by brothering up. So if u don't have anything to do in there... come join me once it starts? (Note: this not meaning i'm ever quitting this game before it dies --Points upward to loving post about Linkrealm and how it's the only free and decently likeable contestor with a shot at the title ;) )

• @Aeneas-Skyless said:

@DiZMeX said:

@Aeneas-Skyless said:

@zycor said:

I agree with this.

Applauds and fills with joy as u guessed me right and are on my train of thought :D Good man !

I dunno what you do in there btw but i ran a 60% tax guild that was voted for and approved by all 20 players in it (we all met in that alpha-test, how cool is that btw? :p ). We kinda made a ton of cash by brothering up. So if u don't have anything to do in there... come join me once it starts? (Note: this not meaning i'm ever quitting this game before it dies --Points upward to loving post about Linkrealm and how it's the only free and decently likeable contestor with a shot at the title ;) )

I'm in Banished mate we own plenty of the world and I've got a lot of friends in there. Who did you roll with? When this game opens up I'm gonna tell a bunch of those about it too, see if they like it. A lot of people there had the same concerns as me.

But yeah I'll try out the next beta, and play it when it releases obviously and make my decision :P. Wish Linkrealms had more players though man I really do...

• This post is deleted!

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.