Seeya.

• FOUNDER: DUKE

Some will be glad im gone, but whatever. Scouts win. Im done spending my time in a game where the main players just sit and macro while having alt spies in most of the dungeons. Tired of wasting 2-3 hours in dungeons like gnomes, BW, hades, etc, just to have it taken from me near the end because some asshole had another account watching the dungeon the entire time. I have my final review for the game, and its not against the devs... Its just, this is how the game is played, and others should be warned. They deserve the right to know what their getting into, that their time will be wasted. I wish I had known, woulda saved me 50 bucks that I could have spent on a different game that is reminiscent of UO that might actually be fair to the playerbase. Haven't seen alot of my other guildies lately either, no doubt they quit already.. Teamspeak has also been quiet. Sad really.

But you know, I will return a year from now, just like I did with Salem, to see if I was right about where its headed... Because from what ive seen, this game is going to be headed in the same direction... Servers take money, money takes people, and this population seems to decrease with slight increases whenever a new person decides to try the game... But really, have you been seeing those new players after a few days? Alot of the ones I friended never seemed to login again. So now this is an unbiased suggestion, as I am no longer going to be playing.. @prometheus, Herbert, you really should remove multi-clients. This is the sole reason people can scout like this in the first place, this is the sole reason why so many people are quiting after getting ganked at the boss. You could keep so many more players if you just banned those placing inactive secondary accounts in dungeons to scout. Hide and stealth was not designed to be used by bots... It was designed to be used actively.. Not to stand in one place for 23 hours - 1 hour for reset... This is a fatal mistake that you will come to regret down the road.

This isn't pvp, its pre-meditated pvp. Watch and count the people inside, watch to see when the boss comes, get x amount players necessary to kill that many you saw, leave with loot, go back to watching tv and doing nothing, rinse, repeat. Is that really how you saw your game? How you want it to be played? How it was designed to be played? Can you honestly tell me your happy with this? You got it on steam, so I know you wanted more people to play... Yet you don't seem to care about the population, you yourself stated that you knew the ghost fix wasn't going to prevent scouting, so you already knew about the problem... But you did it anyway because people wanted it.. So you seem like you care, but at the same time, you don't. Rather, it just feels like you want us to shut up, or think things are getting better, when in actuality they wont, and you knew they wouldn't. I honestly don't understand you, or what plans you may have, but I honestly have to believe that you didn't imagine your game would be played this way. And you, being the dev, have the power to stop it, yet choose not too. Yes, you can't outright just ban someone whos killing the population for your game, but you can put in measures, as many measures as it takes, to lessen the damage those people are doing. The major culprit is honestly multi-clients.

No one wants to stand around doing nothing inside a dungeon all day...they would rather be playing, what point is loot to a person who just stands like a tree all day? Thats why banning multiple clients would work, it would stop the scouts, which would force more people to actively go to dungeons to check them out, or even run them from the beginning rather than waiting all day for someone to come.

and eventually, no one will come... If every dungeon they try works out the same way? They will just quit like me, like so many others, and every person on steam that goes through this will run your games name into the mud.

Take it with a grain salt Herbert C Flower. This is the last time i,ll be on here, so this is honestly just suggestions for you, to hopefully help you make the game as good as it possibly can be, and maybe in a year or two if its still around, it will rival UO and have lots of people playing.

• FOUNDER: DUKE

Or make dungeons lock at a certain point, randomly that no one can time, where they can't enter the dungeon after the lock has started. This will prevent those who need more supplies from exiting, returning, so its got its negatives against normal players, but also works as protection, to stop those who just wait till the very last minute and then rush in, wasting the peoples hours of grind time.

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

didnt read this wall but hate to see anyone go. especially when there is a pve server with an entire guild of like minded people.

• Yeah, I don't see the reason to quit or whine, if you can't handle the pvp, go play the pve server... In UO people could mark runes anywhere on the map and recall anytime, meaning you were always at risk of people recalling or opening a gate right in front of you with a thousand gankers... The problem with this game are the bless scrolls, and blessed items, without it, players would think twice about using their artifacts, and you wouldn't see people steamrolling other players, everyone would use an OK and balanced gear in pvp...

• @Clavicus @Phrost You two would make such bad game designers... I guess its hard to understand that people don't have issue with PvP but bad game mechanics that they want to see changed. But hey fanboys will always be fanboys.

• @Namus said in Seeya.:

@Clavicus @Phrost You two would make such bad game designers... I guess its hard to understand that people don't have issue with PvP but bad game mechanics that they want to see changed. But hey fanboys will always be fanboys.

What are the bad game mechanics?
    Im not a fanboy, just started playing this game.

• @Namus thought the topic discussion was "seeya" why are yall still here?

• FOUNDER: SETTLER

I honestly don't think multi-accounting is to blame for the dungeon griefing in the pvp server. It's a pvp server. And there will be a group of very hardcore players who try their darnest to play the best and be better than everyone else. That group is currently the Holya guild. They all are focused on pvp domination with correct builds and coordination with each other. They are prepared with fast map traveling or portaling, whatever it is(im still new) which lets them gank or countergank effectively. And they use scouting players, really not hard to do which is why multi-accounting seems to not be the problem. You are being defeated by people who are a couple competitive mindset tiers above you. The subjective problem is that the game might be a bit unbalanced to allow these players to completely dominate the server with the tools, gear, and weapons available to them.

The problem you face is how to go about it.

• Attempt to unite the rest of the server against Holya guild and coordinate yourselves for counterganks.
    • Complain to the devs about the extremes of the griefing and hope they balance it.
    • Play PvE server.
    • Quit the game.
    • Do the Hokey Pokey.

This is not PVP , is one person killing all taking advantage of a bad game mechanics and she if he could progress quiet with no opportunity for anyone to progress do not even know the map of LinkRealms , I have not seen the map that I just left the area of new Holya kills me . THIS IS NOT PVP.

Pay to help finance a project which not and could enjoy that " Holya " not even let me get close to out of the safe zone

We are paying to help a project to grow and not given the mutual support we need. I hope that " Holya " has not been a beta key ...

@alonxx said in Seeya.:

This is not PVP , is one person killing all taking advantage of a bad game mechanics

I have to disagree there. I don't think Holya is a one man wrecking crew. Yes Holya may have better gear to win 1v1 fights. I believe if you teamed up with other players and used your debuffs correctly you could deny Holya kills and possibly get a kill. What happens though is Holya will call for backup.

So maybe what should be done is pvp testing.
    1 player with Holya's gear vs 2 players, 3 players, 4 players.
    Find out if Holya's gear is extremely unbalanced. The players fighting Holya need to be intelligent and chain CC skills to mitigate Holya's dps.

@Eggbell said in Seeya.:

@alonxx said in Seeya.:

This is not PVP , is one person killing all taking advantage of a bad game mechanics

I have to disagree there. I don't think Holya is a one man wrecking crew. Yes Holya may have better gear to win 1v1 fights. I believe if you teamed up with other players and used your debuffs correctly you could deny Holya kills and possibly get a kill. What happens though is Holya will call for backup.

So maybe what should be done is pvp testing.
    1 player with Holya's gear vs 2 players, 3 players, 4 players.
    Find out if Holya's gear is extremely unbalanced. The players fighting Holya need to be intelligent and chain CC skills to mitigate Holya's dps.

And as I fight with Holya , naked ? I could not get any decent and object outside without Holya kill me before . Nobody wants to leave because of that guild , people do not want to finance steam to play thanks to the comments and youtube videos . I repeat this is not PVP I have seen Holya kills 3 people hang time which is very suspicious ....

I have it gone with friends and she kills us all , she or another over their guild

Do not give opportunity to progress , I like the PVP but when we all have opportunity , not when one person kills all

@alonxx Yes I could be completely wrong and I understand your point about progress being denied. I'm just being optimistic that there is a way to solve this problem with players working together.

• @sefer lol I only knew you were there because you told people.
    alt text

@Eggbell My gear's not very powerful, definitely enough to give me an edge in 1v1 to the point I should never lose; but I should never win a 2v1 vs. persons with no artifacts/near max skills

• I understand you man. its just a bunch of psychopaths thinking they are serial killers xD

And, yeah ghost still bugged, if you log off during ghost mode you can avoid the 5min removed.

• For god's sake, stop bitching.
    I understand your concerns, I understand why are you frustrated.
    But I just can't sympathize with you whatsoever, you've seen what the developers have been saying about the issue multiple times. You know very well that they are trying to fix the game, they are working on balance and yet you keep on complaining. Do you really not realize that implementing a fix takes time, work and testing. They can't just throw in a bunch of lines of untested code into the game hoping it will work withing few hours after reading your complaints only because you're crying the loudest. Think about how this situation looks like from their perspective.
    I can clearly see why are you so mad, but taking your frustration out on the dev team is childish at most. If you really are enjoying the game, play on the PvE server for now and see how it goes later. What you're doing right now, is trying to blackmail them, to make them feel guilty, simply because you didn't get what you wanted.
    You knew what to expect if you decided to play an Early Access version of a PvP game. Expecting it to be balanced already is like taking a bite out of a cow and expecting it to taste like top quality steak.

Cool off, stop being so salty and think for a second about how you've been acting. I agree with some of your points, but I just can't agree with the way you're trying to achieve them. My regards, D.

• It seems that people never played UO, or just played UO at Trammel :/

This is the real pvp :japanese_goblin:

There is the pve server for people that don't want to get ganked, and there is the pvp server for people who want's a mmo like real life (yeah, you can be attacked anytime :P )

• @Grunge The way I see it the perfect solution would be actually removing blessing system on artifacts to make it more punishing for the artifact users and introducing blacksmithing to give players an easily accessible supply of decent, but not as powerful as artifacts weapons. We have Tailoring and finely crafted armor made with the right materials, even though it doesn't give you an edge over anybody, is good enough to keep you alive, I'd like to see the same with the weapons.

But I don't go onto the forums literally spamming my ideas over and over again because that's just ridiculous.
    I've been playing for some time already and so far the only time when I died to a gank squad was in my newbie days. I've been solo running a few dungeons and I'm still perfectly fine. People need to cry less and play more.

• @Phrost said in Seeya.:

Yeah, I don't see the reason to quit or whine, if you can't handle the pvp, go play the pve server... In UO people could mark runes anywhere on the map and recall anytime, meaning you were always at risk of people recalling or opening a gate right in front of you with a thousand gankers... The problem with this game are the bless scrolls, and blessed items, without it, players would think twice about using their artifacts, and you wouldn't see people steamrolling other players, everyone would use an OK and balanced gear in pvp...

Remove item blessing from pvp server for good!

• Holya #1 haters gonna hate

• @sefer said in Seeya.:

Some will be glad im gone, but whatever. Scouts win. Im done spending my time in a game where the main players just sit and macro while having alt spies in most of the dungeons. Tired of wasting 2-3 hours in dungeons like gnomes, BW, hades, etc, just to have it taken from me near the end because some asshole had another account watching the dungeon the entire time. I have my final review for the game, and its not against the devs... Its just, this is how the game is played, and others should be warned. They deserve the right to know what their getting into, that their time will be wasted. I wish I had known, woulda saved me 50 bucks that I could have spent on a different game that is reminiscent of UO that might actually be fair to the playerbase. Haven't seen alot of my other guildies lately either, no doubt they quit already.. Teamspeak has also been quiet. Sad really.

But you know, I will return a year from now, just like I did with Salem, to see if I was right about where its headed... Because from what ive seen, this game is going to be headed in the same direction... Servers take money, money takes people, and this population seems to decrease with slight increases whenever a new person decides to try the game... But really, have you been seeing those new players after a few days? Alot of the ones I friended never seemed to login again. So now this is an unbiased suggestion, as I am no longer going to be playing.. @prometheus, Herbert, you really should remove multi-clients. This is the sole reason people can scout like this in the first place, this is the sole reason why so many people are quiting after getting ganked at the boss. You could keep so many more players if you just banned those placing inactive secondary accounts in dungeons to scout. Hide and stealth was not designed to be used by bots... It was designed to be used actively.. Not to stand in one place for 23 hours - 1 hour for reset... This is a fatal mistake that you will come to regret down the road.

This isn't pvp, its pre-meditated pvp. Watch and count the people inside, watch to see when the boss comes, get x amount players necessary to kill that many you saw, leave with loot, go back to watching tv and doing nothing, rinse, repeat. Is that really how you saw your game? How you want it to be played? How it was designed to be played? Can you honestly tell me your happy with this? You got it on steam, so I know you wanted more people to play... Yet you don't seem to care about the population, you yourself stated that you knew the ghost fix wasn't going to prevent scouting, so you already knew about the problem... But you did it anyway because people wanted it.. So you seem like you care, but at the same time, you don't. Rather, it just feels like you want us to shut up, or think things are getting better, when in actuality they wont, and you knew they wouldn't. I honestly don't understand you, or what plans you may have, but I honestly have to believe that you didn't imagine your game would be played this way. And you, being the dev, have the power to stop it, yet choose not too. Yes, you can't outright just ban someone whos killing the population for your game, but you can put in measures, as many measures as it takes, to lessen the damage those people are doing. The major culprit is honestly multi-clients.

No one wants to stand around doing nothing inside a dungeon all day...they would rather be playing, what point is loot to a person who just stands like a tree all day? Thats why banning multiple clients would work, it would stop the scouts, which would force more people to actively go to dungeons to check them out, or even run them from the beginning rather than waiting all day for someone to come.

and eventually, no one will come... If every dungeon they try works out the same way? They will just quit like me, like so many others, and every person on steam that goes through this will run your games name into the mud.

Take it with a grain salt Herbert C Flower. This is the last time i,ll be on here, so this is honestly just suggestions for you, to hopefully help you make the game as good as it possibly can be, and maybe in a year or two if its still around, it will rival UO and have lots of people playing.

most wont even notice/care that you are gone.

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.