Goodbyes, and my reason for deciding to move on.

• This is simply my reason as to why I have decided to no longer play this game, and what I find so inexcusable as to make me quit a game I'm really rather fond of.

Botting, macroing, autolooting, and cheating on a mass-scale, and dev sanctioned. That is the short version. The long version is that over the course of the past two days I have not been able to go 100m without tripping over a single macroer/botter. They are in every town area, every dungeon, every world space. I am playing this game alone, with the added benefit of additional npcs. I ran across, by my count ,12 real people sitting at their pcs playing the game, even grouped up with a few of them for fun. I also ran across 60+ (Best guess) macros/botters all sitting in one place either macroing skills, or autolooting/soul gathering mobs in a dungeon corner. I even discussed this with people in chat, some others new like me didn't believe me, so I invited them over to witness 4 botters just sitting in a dungeon autolooting monsters, and another botter harvesting souls of skeletons.

This was bad enough as it is, but I figured I could just report all these cheaters and have them banned and make the game a better place, one filled with actual humans who play the game, instead of additional npcs. This is when I discovered in chat that botting is completely allowed by the developers, and that these cheaters in fact have permission to park their future gold seller accounts in dungeons and autoloot to their heart's content. Some people claimed that all forms of botting were allowed except autolooting, yet I found 4+ of them in a single spot doing just that. (And several others, one farming a skeleton priestess for hours on end.) And was told to not bother reporting them, (by multiple people) as the developers wouldn't even do anything about it.

And that was it for me, I've supported this game for quite a while now, since the previous alpha incarnation. But I simply can't support a game that not only allows botters to go unchecked, but in fact supports them. It's a shame, as I REALLY loved the game itself, despite it's many current issues and bugs. It gave me a sense of the old ultima online I played ages ago. But I have to say goodbye, and search for my better game elsewhere. Even though I won't be playing this any longer, I do wish you luck.

• You're calling it botting. This is nothing short of hilarious.

The game auto attacks mobs that attack you, you can afk and people can pull mobs on you and take your gear, or PK you and do the same. You can't afk longer than 15 minutes. Oh, that guy harvesting souls? That was me. Yeah. I parked my character next to 2 skeles (absolute trash mobs you can't farm any half decent mob this way) and set my keyboard to push a single button every 10 seconds. You call this... "Botting"? Oh and prior to this I was playing the game for close to 30 hours straight, and I went from 0-20 in spiritualism whilst watching a movie which I could of done 4x faster if I was at the keyboard. OH THE HORROR!

Also I haven't seen a single person afk looting, you're full of crap.

Any new players considering the game, seriously don't be put off by this jackass. I'm actually having an adventure again in this game, and it's got some serious character that can't be found anywhere else. This person, obviously plays too much World of Warcraft.

EDIT: Did I mention you can kite mobs through zone entrances on this game? I wasn't limited to those 2 skeles in that room, you could of kited the whole other room on me and took my gear.

• I've talked with you in-game a bit abou that.

I said that I was completely okay with afk macro (and it should be, it's super slow and you are still running a risk of getting mobs lured into you) and soul harvest macro (which just involve a button pressing every x time, and you would still require to kill mobs, again running some risk I guess?).

Now, when we talked, I don't think you mentioned the auto looting part which I even said Prometheus had earlier said it was illegal. Not cool if someone did it and you should totally be upset.

I don't know about the fact you shouldn't bother reporting... that seems wrong, although I've been playing since the start of this beta. You should still post the pictures here on the forums, although I particularly haven't spotted autolooters.

Closing thoughts: in games like these, macro has always been a thing since the skill grind can be a very slow process and I'd say that's cool. Doing things NOT allowed is not cool and autoloot is one of them. Most people macro just so they can play more frequently/do more things in game, anyways, since the early game is so limited. I'd say stick around for a while, there are few people playing so far, so you would find a lot of them afk macro yeah, but there are others willing to do some exploration, PvEing and PvPing, or just wait for a while longer so perhaps there's a change that will mage the game more apreciable for you?

Also, we need clearer guidelines for macro it seems. As far as I understand, any macro that doesn't involve auto-moving/auto-looting IS allowed? That limits a lot of skill raising through macro...

Edit: Refer to Prometheus reply on this post: http://forums.linkrealms.com/topic/102/is-afk-training-legal/4

• Yes DiZMex here is one of the botters, he was completely afk (confirmed by two other people who came to check). And yes I do call setting a macro to farm souls (which you just admitted to) to be botting. Since that is part of the definition of botting. I don't know if you were autolooting as well, didn't stick around to check, but other players were.

I've seen enough to make my decision, people like DiZMex who aren't even aware of what they are only make it easier.

• @Valhalla said:

Yes DiZMex here is one of the botters, he was completely afk (confirmed by two other people who came to check). And yes I do call setting a macro to farm souls (which you just admitted to) to be botting. Since that is part of the definition of botting. I don't know if you were autolooting as well, didn't stick around to check, but other players were.

I've seen enough to make my decision, people like DiZMex who aren't even aware of what they are only make it easier.

Such a scrub.
    A bot would be walking around, chaining mobs, eating food, going back to repair, etc etc etc. You're a nonsensical new-breed gamer who just doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about. You're even making up lies (about auto-looting, you haven't witnessed that you're just talking shit, no names even). With macroing, you can do in 8 hours what a player can do in 1 - 1.5h. I really don't know why you're bitching about it.

Wouldn't surprise me if you're the developer of a similar game trying to hurt this games success. This is the first time I felt like I've had a real adventure in an MMO since DFO, this session I've had will be one to remember... And this assholes LEAVING the game because I'm pressing Q every 10 seconds while i watch a movie. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Going to start screenshotting and recording some of these journeys, haha.

I'm ignoring this thread from here on btw, looking at it is making me cringe.

• Problem is, there isn't enough interesting content currently to justify leveling manually. That's a hell of a lot of work in order to beta test something.

Plus this has always been a botter's game. I'd say 95% of the people who played this game regularly used macros. It's suicide on the wrists not to. Especially if you want to do any of the crafting. I have better things to do than spend hours pushing a single button in order to craft the same damn thing over and over.

• @DiZMeX

Good, I prefer to not communicate with your kind. Your the filth that infests and ruins good games.

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

@Valhalla sad to see you leave, but you're missing out on a whole great adventure experience for the sake of little irrelevant botters. join a guild and try get into one of the randomly spawned spider caves or buy enchanted maps dropped from gnome and go on adventure in gnome caves, there are tons of stuff to do do yet!

• @Valhalla said:

@DiZMeX

Good, I prefer to not communicate with your kind. Your the filth that infests and ruins good games.

You really don't know what botting is. He is MACROING. Botting is having an external program control the game as if it was a human. Macroing as per the rules is allowed. People have been doing this since UO existed. A lot of UO shards allow it now because of how long it can take for skill gains. Either way i am a bit confused as to how you can KNOW these players are macroing or botting, the only real way would be client anti cheat or certain checks. You're literally talking out of your ass and speaking as if you have actual proof.

• @Basedx said:

@Valhalla said:

@DiZMeX

You really don't know what botting is. He is MACROING. Botting is having an external program control the game as if it was a human. Macroing as per the rules is allowed. People have been doing this since UO existed. A lot of UO shards allow it now because of how long it can take for skill gains. Either way i am a bit confused as to how you can KNOW these players are macroing or botting, the only real way would be client anti cheat or certain checks. You're literally talking out of your ass and speaking as if you have actual proof.

I think people are so used to the newer kinds of game that they don't realize what macroing is. But yeah, it has been like that for forever for this genre at least, in UO you could even make some elaborate macros.

Some people are upset though haha

• Hi @Valhalla,

I'm sorry to hear that you are leaving. However, macroing is indeed allowed on Linkrealms, as long as it only involves gaining skill levels and not looting or collecting items, as clearly stated in the game FAQ and already explained by several posters above.

Gaining skill levels AFK cannot be performed in safe zones, since skill gains are capped to level 40 there, so if you find a player macroing in the wild and the thing really annoys you, why not just... Getting rid of him?

Last but not least, if you saw a player auto-looting and decided not to report it because "someone told you not to", it was your - wrong - decision, since that player would have been punished.

I wish you all the best for your gaming life,
    Prometheus

• @Prometheus Great answer from a Developer. Apparently the original poster is correct and you allow auo-looting and punish those that are speaking (Such as this goodbye post.

Thought about playing this and even began downloading it but I can see its pointless.

Peace, I'm out and I'll be sure to spread the word or Reddit and other platforms.

• @Evilar_Majere said:

@Prometheus Great answer from a Developer. Apparently the original poster is correct and you allow auo-looting and punish those that are speaking (Such as this goodbye post.

Thought about playing this and even began downloading it but I can see its pointless.

Peace, I'm out and I'll be sure to spread the word or Reddit and other platforms.

What are u talking about? There is no aoto lotting allowed nor enybody is using it
    ,pls dont troll with nonsense.

Hello @Evilar_Majere, first I would like to welcome you to the forums. Secondly, you seem a bit confused by @Prometheus's response, we allow macroing to an extent, we do not allow auto looting or botting, they are both very different from each other. Botting is considered cheating and we do not tolerate it, if you suspect anyone of doing this you may report them to us, we ask that you provide us screenshots and/or video evidence.

Also, skills are capped at level 40 in safe zones, to increase your level you must go into a PvP zone, which I do not recommend afk macroing in because you are vulnerable in those areas.

I hope this clears up the confusion. We hope to see you in-game, if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

• @Evilar_Majere said:

@Prometheus Great answer from a Developer. Apparently the original poster is correct and you allow auo-looting and punish those that are speaking (Such as this goodbye post.

GJ! You have been awarded with a golden shovel!

This guy is probably op that remade a forum account under another name or something. Baibai

@Clavicus said:

This guy is probably op that remade a forum account under another name or something. Baibai

Lol I agree rofl.

• Consider it like UO Razor. I wouldn't play the game otherwise.

• FOUNDER: SETTLER

Or you play sandbox or you cry

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.