Where's the players?

• Is this even accurate or are there only 20-ish ppl playing this game?
    https://steamdb.info/app/402450/graphs/

The game needs some more advertisement, no?

Discuss

• Not everyone who plays it plays on steam so that info wont be accurate.

• @wishy said in Where's the players?:

Is this even accurate or are there only 20-ish ppl playing this game?
    https://steamdb.info/app/402450/graphs/

The game needs some more advertisement, no?

Discuss

Hi wishy, that graph is not accurate since you can play Linkrealms by registering on www.linkrealms.com, buying a founder pack there and downloading the client from there. You will then play on the same servers as Steam users but without your Steam client, thus won't be tracked by Steam. Most of our players and all our veterans actually started playing that way so they aren't counted in the Steam statistics.

That being said:

1. We have a big marketing push starting next week.
    2. We will give the chance to people with external accounts to transfer them to Steam.

:)

• @Prometheus
    Please, before doing that push, fix the sorcery completly and make it good enought so players can play with it since low levels.
    Also, give the "new player status" until that player hits his first lvl 100 skill to prevent them to get frustrated in unfair battles right outside city.
    Also, give the new players the ability to macro to 100 in safe area.
    Also, implemente the karma system before doing the marketing push.
    Also, implemente wizard artifacts and update them into your wiki.

You need to hold new players into the game... this could be your very last chance of having a comunity for your game. My guild already lost 95% of the player base (its me and maybe 2 still playing, out of 15 people).

• @DEAD The PVE server has PVP zones, it's legitimately exactly what you're asking for.

• @Holya , Im already 100 in all skills, I dont need that protected zone... its the new players that needs protection from us... because I dont mind to ress kill newbs.

• @DEAD Eh, I've played a lot of games that have unfair/risk management based pvp, and it's been my experience it's just not for most people, and it being 'unfair' is usually just a scapegoat.
    alt text
    I'm fairly confident the people your guild recruited just don't really enjoy this style of game. It's not like he cared about fairness, or a challenge, he attacked me 7v1 with players older than I, while we were allied earlier this week. This is the average person that joins before quitting the first time they get ganked.

• @Holya
    I did played lots of newb unfriendly games as well... but they had such large world and it wasnt easy to just sit camp the few spots they could farm

Lets face the reality. Whats the risk you face for sit farming newbs outside city?
    If they outnumber you and you get in any real danger, all you need to do is cross the node and go to safe zone, since you can walk in no matter how many inocents you murderer.
    If they do the miracle of killing you, what do you lose? a few bolts and couple drinks... everything else I bet you have blessed.

Thats the main difference between this game and those others hardcore. This game only punish new players the way it is.
    You could spam kill every1 but eventually you would get outnumbered by a zerg of new players and they would take you down (ur not god afterall) - stealing your good stuff (closing the gap between you and the newbs in gear) and forcing you to stop doing it for a moment.

• FOUNDER: SETTLER

@Holya I do enjoy, I'm still playing Ultima Online since 1999, so it made sense to give Linkrealms a try.

I was trying hard, leveling a mage, an archer, farming gear, doing some theorycraft, but the game always seemed like it lacked something, not good enough to invest time into.

After debating with dead and others if we should keep playing and waiting for improvements, after hours of nothing to do, no one to play with, no fun at all, I alt tabed inside the house to check some work e-mails and my toons on UO, alt tabed back and found you looting my corpse. Ressed myself, teleported to the city and found you saying the usual things you always say.

This is why I said that, you made me realize that its just not worth, both by the game play and the community, which is extremely small and a big part of that is toxic, like you.

And Holya, if you really enjoy this game and 'praying on the weak' you should consider stop damaging the environment, you managed to single-handed hurt this community so much like I've never seen anywhere. You will be really the #1 like you say, but of nothing, like an empty parking lot security guard that thinks it's a super cop.

Now link is in the backburner while I wait for a miracle patch.

ps: nice editing to show in the pic only what is convenient to prove your "point".

• @DEAD at the start of the steam release my gear was awful, crystal which at the time I valued roughly the same as crafted gear(better now because constitution is better), and an acid caster which is like 5-6 hours of farming. With the changes to skills, especially spiritualism it's far easier to level now than it was pre-steam. That I know of nobody had 95-100 spiritualism pre-steam, but now you can get it in 2 days of macroing.

My head isn't all the way up my ass, I realize I'm nothing special, but legitimately the only reason anybody dies to me is because they're playing inefficiently. A lot of the people I attack by far have a statistical advantage over me.

Edit:
    alt text
    Here's the uncropped version if that's what you mean.

A couple things to point out:

1. People from your guild have said far worse to me, regardless of me having gone far out of my way to help them at every given opportunity previously
    2. I don't attack exclusively new players, I in fact go after more geared players given the option. Killing them does more damage.
    3. Your guild exclusively attacks those perceived to be unable to defend themselves https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr9KM0MWbAY I've asked several times for 1v1s / organized teamfights vs. the SIGNIFICANTLY more geared/stated than I members of your guild, and every time they've refused while trash talking me.

If you plan to quit due to disliking the PVE, or not having enough friends, sure, that's fine. However, it's unreasonable to call somebody toxic for PVPing in a game exclusively about PVP.

• @Holya oh yeah... I remember my first day when you killed me and my friend. We both had 50 str killing bandits. You one shooted me and him. we had statistically advantage over you and we did played inefficiently... lol.

My toon has 4 deaths... all for you. 2 of them was in my first day in the situation above. Another 2 deaths was 2 days ago when I was naked farming stafffighting in troll cave... I was NAKED with 1 staff in my hands and you and a friend (thats right! 2 geared vs 1 naked dude) attacked and killed me while afk - yes, you have balls sir.

Not saying you wouldnt kill me in a 1v1 situation, because you probably would... actually any weapon user would since mages are garbage... but lets cut the crap.
    Crossing nodes in order to get advantage of load screen doesnt make you pro, only means the game works best for people with good computer and makes it impossible for no matter how many people are to chase you down.

EDIT: but again, I have no problem with that... Im used to stuff like that... and I had the help of the 0-100 in safe zone week to be able to now face you and your friends in 1v1 situation at least in a fair perspective of skills. New players wont have the same opportunity - and that is what Im fighting for: the same opportunity I had.

• @DEAD What's your point? I also attacked NWU/TKD today in a literal 10v2, some of their players being more geared/stated than me. I attacked Drew-ROK today who has better gear than me in a 2v3, and again solo. I attacked LDK yesterday who is far more geared than me. I attacked Sin twice in the last few days, him dying both times he being far more geared than I. Killing those weaker than you, and killing those stronger than you are not mutually exclusive activities. I'm not trying to claim I'm some kind of moralist that only wants fair fights, I just want to murder people and steal their shit, but saying I prey on the weak is an extreme falsehood.

What people want, and what people think they want tend to be very different things. What you're suggesting/how it was is basically just like using cheats to get max level. Typing in a console command has the same interactiveness/experience as macros, except with a 4-5 day waiting period. I suspect Linkrealms lost more players to the safe zone than to PKers. Nobody likes having to do unfun things/wait without any real feeling of progression because they're not even there. People should've been exploring, trying to find clever way to outsmart those with advantages, figuring out puzzles, farming crafting materials etc. Instead they afked to 100s in the graveyard, went to dungeons, still got rekt 'cause they didn't learn to play the game while leveling then quit because they weren't invested in anything LR had to offer since they hadn't even really played the game.

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

The best part about this thread is the wall of texts of @Holya trying ever so hard to defend himself.

• @trippyk Defend myself from what?

• Remove bless scroll, remove safe zone protection from classic server .

• @Holya said in Where's the players?:

@DEAD What's your point? I also attacked NWU/TKD today in a literal 10v2, some of their players being more geared/stated than me. I attacked Drew-ROK today who has better gear than me in a 2v3, and again solo. I attacked LDK yesterday who is far more geared than me. I attacked Sin twice in the last few days, him dying both times he being far more geared than I. Killing those weaker than you, and killing those stronger than you are not mutually exclusive activities. I'm not trying to claim I'm some kind of moralist that only wants fair fights, I just want to murder people and steal their shit, but saying I prey on the weak is an extreme falsehood.

What people want, and what people think they want tend to be very different things. What you're suggesting/how it was is basically just like using cheats to get max level. Typing in a console command has the same interactiveness/experience as macros, except with a 4-5 day waiting period. I suspect Linkrealms lost more players to the safe zone than to PKers. Nobody likes having to do unfun things/wait without any real feeling of progression because they're not even there. People should've been exploring, trying to find clever way to outsmart those with advantages, figuring out puzzles, farming crafting materials etc. Instead they afked to 100s in the graveyard, went to dungeons, still got rekt 'cause they didn't learn to play the game while leveling then quit because they weren't invested in anything LR had to offer since they hadn't even really played the game.

My whole point is that you try so hard to say that you prey for real challenges and weak people is casualty. In opposite direction, you disagree on letting people farm to 90 or 100 in safe zone, wich still wont make them a real challenge for you (as you stated before), but at least will give them a chance to fight back. Also, in opposite direction, you keep running around bandits/troll cave just to find newbs farming garbage (2 propertys random drops ) - or does any of those high geared people you talk about even walk over there?.
    The truth is that you like people to be underskilled and undergeared than you so it will make it easier to just keep ress killing face rolling looting nothing in value from theire newb carcass (like you did, when you naked killed me skilling up stafffighting and stole my no property newb staff with zero charges) just to cause chaos and be a known pk on a game without reputation system.

But I bet devs already know everything I stated here... and I hope they take actions to protect the new player base they might get from the new marketing.

• FOUNDER: SETTLER

@Holya said in Where's the players?:

Edit:
    alt text
    Here's the uncropped version if that's what you mean.

However, it's unreasonable to call somebody toxic for PVPing in a game exclusively about PVP.

Don't flatter yourself, me quiting isn't about you being toxic: as I said in the screenshot you posted, you gave the extra push I needed.

I just posted due the print screen of me you that posted.

And you are not toxic for PVPing, I think you play the game the way it should be played, I even told the br guys that in one of the many occasions you entered BRs TS to ask their help.

The toxicity comes from you just being an ass in many situations in a such small community, like when you stay for hours griefing/killing newbies in the riverbank exit or the attention seeking drama you keep trying to create, like in this post, where you taunted me at the bank, took a print screen of my response and used it to try taunting the guild and Dead =P

• @DEAD I didn't say I wanted a challenge, I said I wanted to kill people and I'd rather kill a geared player than a random nab.

@Poquinho I was actively arguing people don't quit because of me, they quit because of unrelated game design/usual bullcrap. You seem too upsetti/hostile to actually converse with. I'ma go play video games, rather than just derailing with facts about muh butthole like usual

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

@Mosca said in Where's the players?:

Remove bless scroll, remove safe zone protection from classic server .

What if Bless scrolls only added one charge per scroll, but the drop rate of the bless scrolls remained the same?

I like the idea of "insurance", but also agree that it's still too easy to not lose gear. :)

• The player base is pretty low on LR, even after the Steam release. I've at most seen around 30-35 players on at one time. The huge amount of negative feedback on Steam will not help the population at all, including the toxic player. I honestly do want LR to succeed, marketing push or not, but with what's being said about the game, seeing the Steam release, and knowing the players running around in game...it doesn't look good.

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.