Wizzard gear ideas

• Since its clear that wizzards are getting some love in order to balance things, I would like to help the process giving some casters ideas that you could use when making those artifacts or in general:

1. Add a mob that can drop staves with 4 properties
    2. Add a "Sorcery Disruption Protection" mod that lowers the % chance of getting disrupted when casting - this could be a mod that drops random on staves or maybe only in an specific artifact.
    3. Add the "Enhanced spells" mod to be able to roll on chests as well
    4. Add a "Spell penetration" mod that ignores part of specific resistance
    5. Add artifacts with +dodge, +life, +spell damage, +caster faster casting, +mana cost reduction, +mana, +mana regeneration
    6. Add a "Caster recovery time reduction" mod to randomly drop or maybe be in an specific and exclusive artifact.
    7. Add a "School affinity" like "Invocation affinity Level 1-9" to all weapons. This would allow hybrid builds in a way they wouldnt be too over powered. A weapon with this mod would allow the user to cast all spells of that school up to the circle defined on the level of the affinity. The spell power and the cast chance would be based on casters Sorcery/School, just like any other mage. 10th circle spells shouldnt be able to cast while holding weapons.

If you think anything here would be too op or make casters too op, let us know. I really think @Developers and @Prometheus could have some help.

• @DEAD said in Wizzard gear ideas:

1. Add a "School affinity" like "Invocation affinity Level 1-9" to all weapons. This would allow hybrid builds in a way they wouldnt be too over powered. A weapon with this mod would allow the user to cast all spells of that school up to the circle defined on the level of the affinity. The spell power and the cast chance would be based on casters Sorcery/School, just like any other mage. 10th circle spells shouldnt be able to cast while holding weapons.

To op. 9 lvl means you dont need any skill point in this spell school. So it means you have an item that compense 100 skill lvl - op.

Meby at this stage dont make any changes but observe how the players wil respond to current changes
    And repair all bugs that are also developed in the process of new patches. And repair old bugs.

Remember there is only few of the devs, i rather want a solid game with no bugs than a crazy "lets add some changes becouse i like it" game

• @Kapich I think you missunderstand me.

If you read correctly you will see that I stated "Add a "School affinity" like "Invocation affinity Level 1-9" to all weapons. This would allow hybrid builds in a way they wouldnt be too over powered. A weapon with this mod would allow the user to cast all spells of that school up to the circle defined on the level of the affinity. The spell power and the cast chance would be based on casters Sorcery/School, just like any other mage. 10th circle spells shouldnt be able to cast while holding weapons."

In another words, you would still need to raise your sorcery and invocation skills, the item would only allow you to cast it while holding a weapon and limited to one school and by circle of spell.

Im just giving suggestions to the devs about cool abilitys/mods they could implement.
    You cant denny mages have no gear to look for in those dungeons. The only artifacts that helps mages atm are maybe 3... 1 gloves, 2 helms... the staffs are mostly garbage and I would rather use my enhanced+dodge staff that I got from graveyard than any of those in the wiki.

But again, its just suggestions, concepts the creative staff would work on.

In another words, you would still need to raise your sorcery and invocation skills, the item would only allow you to cast it while holding a weapon and limited to one school and by circle of spell.

So you will have sorcery and invocation normaly but affinity from an item and no need to spend 90-100 skill point on it. So still an item that will give you free insane amount of skill. I think i am understanding it wery good

You cant denny mages have no gear to look for in those dungeons. The only artifacts that helps mages atm are maybe 3... 1 gloves, 2 helms... the staffs are mostly garbage and I would rather use my enhanced+dodge staff that I got from graveyard than any of those in the wiki.

There are more arts:
    Reptile Staff
    Armor of Anger
    Griffon Grip Staff
    Crown of The Gnomen Ancestor
    Gloves of Summoner Swiftness
    Gloves of Wisdom
    Helm of Lucidity
    Voodoo Staff
    Hephaestus Staff
    Runic Helmet
    Necro Cape

The darkling mage has a wery good chance to drop a good staff also, have you killed any so far?
    I agree only with this that staffs should also have possibility to roll 5 modifiers, becouse it will give a better feeling for the game and it will be more fun to loot these items.

I would also see some new arts with the new property that can disturb casting, but i think at this moment its to quick to make such items becouse this is an fresh patch and it needs to be tested on normal conditions. So better dont make any changes in items before your not sure that this change will stay in this form and shape.

Since its clear that wizzards are getting some love in order to balance things, I would like to help the process giving some casters ideas that you could use when making those artifacts or in general:

1. Add a mob that can drop staves with 4 properties
    2. Add a "Sorcery Disruption Protection" mod that lowers the % chance of getting disrupted when casting - this could be a mod that drops random on staves or maybe only in an specific artifact.
    3. Add the "Enhanced spells" mod to be able to roll on chests as well
    4. Add a "Spell penetration" mod that ignores part of specific resistance
    5. Add artifacts with +dodge, +life, +spell damage, +caster faster casting, +mana cost reduction, +mana, +mana regeneration
    6. Add a "Caster recovery time reduction" mod to randomly drop or maybe be in an specific and exclusive artifact.
    7. Add a "School affinity" like "Invocation affinity Level 1-9" to all weapons. This would allow hybrid builds in a way they wouldnt be too over powered. A weapon with this mod would allow the user to cast all spells of that school up to the circle defined on the level of the affinity. The spell power and the cast chance would be based on casters Sorcery/School, just like any other mage. 10th circle spells shouldnt be able to cast while holding weapons.

If you think anything here would be too op or make casters too op, let us know. I really think @Developers and @Prometheus could have some help.

I think you're full of shit.

• Just noticed there is a mage vest you can get for Pstones, looks pretty decent.

• Again, I cant understand how forcing somone to have 100 weapon, 100 tactics, 100 sorcery, 100 school will be op. I dont understand what skill the guy is getting for free...

about the armors you linked... you pointed at armor of anger... tho I agree that its the best in slot for a mage right now... it gives STAMINA wich is totally useless for a mage - maybe later then they allow hybrid casting.

necro cape isnt to mages, its for spiritualism

those staffs u listed... I rather use my 2 stats staff with enhanced fire orb and superior dodge 8% than any of those - MAYBE and thats a giant MAYBE, the hephestus staff if it had fire orb enhancement.

again, its like 2 helms and 2 glooves... and everything else is set to another builds.

You have Gloves of Wisdom and Runic Helmet as best in slot for mages... maybe the gnome gloves could play some role because of dodge.

@Arcendem I refuse to comment your repply and in my opinion, such behavior should be punished with fórum ban to learn some manners.

@Roundwaters I dont see that mage vest on wiki. Do you have a screen shot or know who has it? Thanks for your repply.

• The guy in Tartaros has it. But it's a Pstone trade, so you never know what item you're getting.

• @Roundwaters thanks, gonna check it later

• I'm going to drop a quick reply here. We do have plans to implement at least one of the things you have mentioned, @DEAD: a weapon modifier that allows you to cast holding a weapon. Cast all spells in fact. That was always planned in the Sorcery Overhaul, and will allow for great hybrid builds! Many of the existing artifacts will become a lot more interesting, too, as they were made for hybrids specifically. @Kapich the skill cap and the stat cap will do to keep hybrid builds from becoming OP. If they become too powerful, we'll have other balancing rounds.

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.