Marksmanship

• What's better, 30 points of marksmanship or 30% superior accuracy?

• @Abb said in Marksmanship:

What's better, 30 points of marksmanship or 30% superior accuracy?

30% Superior Accuracy would be slightly better if your skill is equal or higher than that of your target, but the difference is very small. If your skill is lower than that of your target, then 30 points of Marksmanship are better. Assuming you have a character with 100 skill, I would go for 30% Superior Accuracy first, but as I've said, the difference is truly minimal.

• @Prometheus said in Marksmanship:

@Abb said in Marksmanship:

30% Superior Accuracy would be slightly better if your skill is equal or higher than that of your target, but the difference is very small. If your skill is lower than that of your target, then 30 points of Marksmanship are better. Assuming you have a character with 100 skill, I would go for 30% Superior Accuracy first, but as I've said, the difference is truly minimal.

In PvE yes, but in PvP 30 marksmanship is way better, because it also gives an additional dodge for your character.

• That's what I was wondering, I have no idea if hitting 100 marksman gave me a bonus hit Dodge like tactics at 100 with damage. I'll have to do some testing eventually to determine the hit\dodge rate of >100 marksman versus 100. 30% accuracy boost doesn't seem to make much of a difference from what I can tell in Pve.

At the current moment though I only have one Archer with 100 marksman.

• @Abb It doesn't matter if you have 100 or 90 or 120. Each point of marksmanship gives some accuracy and dodge. No special boosts at certain level like with battle tactics.

• @Vetro have you ever tested how big of an affect an extra ten or more points make?

• @Abb 8 points gives 6% more accuracy. Don't know about dodge tho, but I guess should be similar amount

• @Vetro said in Marksmanship:

@Prometheus said in Marksmanship:

@Abb said in Marksmanship:

In PvE yes, but in PvP 30 marksmanship is way better, because it also gives an additional dodge for your character.

@abb as Vetro said, I was just referring to you hitting a target. In general, you should definitely favor Marksmanship bonuses over the same level of Superior Accuracy alone (or Superior Dodge alone), because combat skills increase both your Hit and Dodge chances. Please notice that Battle Tactics increases your damage and unlock maneuvers, but has no effect on Hit or Dodge rates.

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.