Weird Spell damage

• Sometimes my enhanced fire orb spell does squat for damage.

Usually I can take out a Harpy with 1 enhanced fire orb. Other times, I can hit them with 10 fire orbs and barely even dent them. Now I thought this might be because they have random variable resists, but I died, had to wander for a few screens to find cherubs that weren't inaccessible, and when I came back, that resistant harpy then died to one fire orb.

Noticed this with lava lizards too.

• @Roundwaters said in Weird Spell damage:

Sometimes my enhanced fire orb spell does squat for damage.

Usually I can take out a Harpy with 1 enhanced fire orb. Other times, I can hit them with 10 fire orbs and barely even dent them. Now I thought this might be because they have random variable resists, but I died, had to wander for a few screens to find cherubs that weren't inaccessible, and when I came back, that resistant harpy then died to one fire orb.

Noticed this with lava lizards too.

It's the first time we hear about this, we'll investigate the issue. Is the Fire Orb spell not dealing damage on impact, or is the Burn effect left on the Harpy not dealing damage?

• @Roundwaters maybe you encountered exalted harpy and you didn't notice it? Anyway, seems monsters have different resistances, because today I was hitting one minotaur using bolts for like 49 and the second for like 63.

• Yes, exalted harpy sometimes doesn't have that glow on it. Had no way to tell it was exalted.

• @Roundwaters Exalted Harpy never has glow after spawn. You have to get her to 50% hp, what "breaks her armor" - then glow appears.

• @Vetro said in Weird Spell damage:

@Roundwaters Exalted Harpy never has glow after spawn. You have to get her to 50% hp, what "breaks her armor" - then glow appears.

Back in my day, exalted harpies glowed all the time! And we liked it!

• @Roundwaters well, it was long ago :p she's not glowing since like a year or so.

• @Vetro said in Weird Spell damage:

@Roundwaters well, it was long ago :p she's not glowing since like a year or so.

Bug :) Thanks for reporting

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.