Steam Reviews

• FOUNDER: SETTLER

Basically Steam Reviews are the reason why most players will purchase a founder pack for Early-Access. Right now Linkrealms review is currently in a MIXED state. Later on this could be MOSTLY-NEGATIVE leading to less players and no growth in the game.

If we tolerate cancerous reviews like this then people might just totally avoid this game. @Holya is mocking the @Developers in a Steam Review. One of the reasons why people avoid Steam games is because players "claim" that the "devs are bad or they don't care at all" If we continue to tolerate people like Holya and @Vetro who just wants to bash the devs all day whether it be on the official forums or in Steam it will just block new players from joining this game.

If you want an example of a Steam game with NEGATIVE reviews go ahead and check out the Steam review on Mortal Online

What is your take on this @Prometheus and @Pain?
    Will we continue to allow players to Dev bash without consequence?
    This is a SERIOUS issue because it affects the FUTURE of the game.

alt text

• This post is deleted!

This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• Saying Hoyla is killing the game is BS when there's a perfectly good PvE server. From what I've seen he understands this game very well, and his views on game mechanics are spot on. Of course I wouldn't want to play with him.

I'm still on the fence with throwing my full support behind this game. I really want to make a good starting guide for the game. There's a lot of good low level starting content now, but there needs to be a good guide to show what and where that content is. (love the goblin queen BTW)

The problem with doing that is, in order to make a guide that is useful for a new player, I need to say things like: "Prospecting, don't even bother". I'll have to explain why you should start with mauling over severing, because mauling has always been OP in comparison. Say DON'T make a mage as your first character (nobody wants to hear that!). I sure as hell am not going to write in my guide "prospecting and wolves are almost done!" like I've been hearing for YEARS! Basically, I don't think explaining the game in it's current state would be helpful.

If we ever hit a point where the game actually deserves it, it will start to get good reviews. It's close, the potential is there, but it's been there for years.

• @Roundwaters since I started a couple days after steam release the devs have been quick with releases, they still have a long road ahead to balance the pvp server between mage skills and the pk system/areas. But from what I've seen they're making good progress so far. I can't speak for the past year though.

@Roundwaters basically this is whats happening right now

• Person A is looking for a new game to play
    • Checks out Steam and goes to the Linkrealms Store page
    • Person A says "Wow this game looks great. but before buying the game let me check the Steam reviews"
    • Checks out the review only to find out that its mixed.
    • There is one review there that's mocking the devs saying that "the devs don't know what they are doing"
    • Person A says "I better not buy this Early Access game because of the reviews about the game and the devs"

And that's how you lose Steam players
    Lost opportunity for new founders

• This post is deleted!

• @pain, might as well close the thread, it made its point already.

This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• ayy lmao. Mad cause Bad

@Vesuva @Vetro enough with the fighting please, this isn't the place.

As for our reviews, players are entitled to review our game however they wish as long as they follow Steams rules and guidelines. With that being said, Holya hasn't broken any rules which we haven't already dealt with. Just because some players feel the need to kill new players and know how to play the game very well, does not give us any right to punish them. If anything it helps us find potential ways in which our current system is flawed, if not by him then by someone else. I would also like to point out that if you do not want to risk getting attacked by another player then you may want to play on the PvE server instead.

With that being said, players should understand that this is an Early Access game and should expect that there will be imbalances and bugs. Even though LinkRealms is an older game, the current team behind it is still new and we have been working very hard to push out updates in a timely manner. As for us not caring, if we didn't care then we would not have updates out as fast as we do considering we are a very small team, we also wouldn't dedicate nearly every single day to this project and I also would not be volunteering my time for free on a daily basis.

This topic will now be locked.

• @Vetro @Vesuva We've grown really tired of you two polluting half forum threads with your endless personal feud. Stop it now. I cleaned up this discussion. Next time, there will be a forum suspension for both of you. I don't want to hear "but he did it first" replies like in kindergarten.

Replying to the point, we cannot remove Steam reviews because we don't like them, nor ban players because they leave negative reviews. Besides, that review, albeit ironic, is positive, and Linkrealms has gotten more positive than negative reviews recently.

If you wanted to point out something lame, you should point out the original review that was quoted, who was made by a player because he was being defeated by other players and suddenly jumped from like 5 to 40 thumbs up overnight - but calling armies of friends from other games to give thumbs up is another thing we cannot prevent.

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.