Request: Bless charges lost to PVE deaths be reduced to 1

• RBS lost in the last 30 days:
    Deaths/Charges lost to PVP: 7/30, 3 crashes, 2 fuck up, 2 killing myself with an alt by accident
    Deaths/Charges lost to PVE: 9/~90, 5 crashes, 1 fuck up, 1 AFK, 2 AFK Vs. Melonites

Criminal system was implemented to punish/discourage PVP, but I feel like the thing it's stopping me from doing the most is PVE. This wouldn't be so much of an issue if LR were stable for everybody, but it's reallyyyyyy not. Compounding the issue is that to do PVE efficiently one must bring their PVP equipment, their AOEstat bow, their AOEtactic bow, 1-2 single target bows, and 1-2 alternate sets of jewelry.

I would request the number of charges lost on PVE death be reduced back to 1 for reds, keeping in mind that the extra RBS loss on red death can be completely avoided, even if it requires tasks the average player will not reasonably preform.

• @Holya said in Request: Bless charges lost to PVE deaths be reduced to 1:

RBS lost in the last 30 days:
    Deaths/Charges lost to PVP: 7/30, 3 crashes, 2 fuck up, 2 killing myself with an alt by accident
    Deaths/Charges lost to PVE: 9/~90, 5 crashes, 1 fuck up, 1 AFK, 2 AFK Vs. Melonites

Criminal system was implemented to punish/discourage PVP, but I feel like the thing it's stopping me from doing the most is PVE. This wouldn't be so much of an issue if LR were stable for everybody, but it's reallyyyyyy not. Compounding the issue is that to do PVE efficiently one must bring their PVP equipment, their AOEstat bow, their AOEtactic bow, 1-2 single target bows, and 1-2 alternate sets of jewelry.

I would request the number of charges lost on PVE death be reduced back to 1 for reds, keeping in mind that the extra RBS loss on red death can be completely avoided, even if it requires tasks the average player will not reasonably preform.

What would such tasks be? Anyway, the proposal is reasonable, there is no point in punishing an Assassin for doing PvE.

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

I'm assuming this is some sort of coordinated troll against me.

• @Prometheus oh, I simply mean through the use of a second character/Trade macros. No bugs.

On a related note:

1. Aggro doesn't persist through realms, so a grey character can lose grey 100% of the time if they do a realm transition.
    2. if a red character hides, then unhides anybody who doesn't reload the realm will see them as green
    3. One can still enter certain safe zones, namely through starcrossed, but I got into the tailoring vendors at some point and couldn't recreate.
    4. Assassin points sometimes apply to everybody involved in a kill, and sometimes only the killing blow

So if you get attacked while on your red character, just let the mobs kill you instead. I like it

• @Amnesiac If you're in a position to kite attacks to mobs strong enough to quickly kill you, at least 95% of the time you could've just chosen to escape instead

Edit: Assuming we're not counting summons as mobs, then it'd be pretty easy to allahu akbar spirit yourself

• get a life, get a work, buy a good computer, throw your wood computer to the trash. xD

i never get crashes.

@Holya not if the red is getting jumped...while PVEing like we're talking about

• @Amnesiac One can afk tank every single encounter in the game, except perhaps tart/Pstone minos if+3 minos spawn/wave 4 of hades. Nothing really hits for more than 20-30, though I suppose you could frantically lower your physical resists. I don't see that working out very often.

Even if it is the case there's some valid place to suicide on mobs nearby one still gets the criminal action message when they're red upon attacking. The game clearly has existing code to tell when two players are in combat, and at least within a specific realm who initiated. It could simply be made to check if they were in PVP combat, rather than checking for killing blows.

Edit: @vorgoth333 I suspect my computer's better than yours, it just runs a lot more <:

I have recently become red and anytime I am going to die i fire orb my face and lose nothing. #fireorblife

waits for holya to research

• @Clavicus you still play this game? o:

@Holya of course i do. however reading your posts are much more entertaining.

@Holya you have to agree it will happen. If a red is getting jumped in hades and the exit is blocked off by the Zerg, the red would be better off to run in the middle of the spawn and hope the last hit is from a mob.

• This criminal thing should have been added to PvE server only... It is such pain in the ass in the PvP one :|

• @Holya said in Request: Bless charges lost to PVE deaths be reduced to 1:

@Prometheus oh, I simply mean through the use of a second character/Trade macros. No bugs.

On a related note:

1. Aggro doesn't persist through realms, so a grey character can lose grey 100% of the time if they do a realm transition.
    2. if a red character hides, then unhides anybody who doesn't reload the realm will see them as green
    3. One can still enter certain safe zones, namely through starcrossed, but I got into the tailoring vendors at some point and couldn't recreate.
    4. Assassin points sometimes apply to everybody involved in a kill, and sometimes only the killing blow

Figured - which is pretty much unfeasible. Replying to your other comments:

1. True, assuming the timer is over anyway.
    2. That's a bug, thanks for reporting.
    3. Fixed already, but thanks for reporting this one too.
    4. The assignment of a murder has nothing to do with last hitting. It's given to all players who attacked the victim and dealt enough damage within a certain time frame before the victim's death.

@Clavicus @Amnesiac It will be implemented like what's described in point 4 above taking into account if at least one player has contributed enough to the red's death. No last-hitting yourself ;)

• Thanks for the clarification with 4), and it seems I was incorrect about 1). Perhaps I was using a incorrect testing method earlier, but I could've sworn it had a lower timer. Regardless I'd request the timer changed somehow, as we've already had a few instances of people attacking our whites and then turning white themselves through realm transition.

@Clavicus I still don't see it as being useful, especially as a mage - any instance where you can cast a fireorb reasonably, you should have an opportunity to escape. Regardless I tested every reasonable suicide / penalty, and couldn't find any free deaths. Only thing I can think of that I didn't try is if being in a party changes your death from being suicide to death from a party member. Did this only start working recently, or did I fuck up my tests somehow?

• Question: my two kills on you enters wich category? I guess "fckd up", right?

• @DEAD ya

Edit: @DEAD said in Request: Bless charges lost to PVE deaths be reduced to 1:

Question: my two kills on you enters wich category? I guess "fckd up", right?

Did you really just edit that in you cheeky cunt? Just going to go ahead and point out for all interested I've killed Dead while outnumbered, and while solo at least 7-8 times, and my guildies have easily done the same. ur cuntry's shite at sorcer

• FOUNDER: SETTLER

@Holya for a player with plenty of alts and non-assassin characters. Why don't you just PvE with them or move to the PvE server if you do not want to lose charges.
    Plain and simple if you don't want to die and lose extra charges while doing PvE then don't do it with a red character.
    Also if the dying is mostly due to YOUR FAULT then I don't see that as a "PROBLEM" that should be FIXED.

Mostly agree with the OP except for 1 thing. I'm fairly certain the criminal system was implemented to discourage PKing new players or innocents. There are plenty of people wanting to PvP. It just seems people prefer to kill those who don't.

Since some will be confused by this, and for the sake of future arguments.. here's an analogy.

Say you're an MMA fighter. You can fight other MMA fighters fairly and without penalty. Should you decide to take those fighting skills to the general public and start beating up random innocent people walking down the street.. you're going to suffer consequences.

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.