Short-Term Development Roadmap (Summer 2016)

• Hi everyone,

the short-term development roadmap of Linkrealms is here! This roadmap lists all the main implementations you will see in the patches to come in the next few weeks. A few things to notice before you move on to the list itself:

1. This is seriously not a long term development roadmap. The overall direction of Linkrealms towards its full release is already stated on our Steam Store Page.
    2. The aim here is to finalize several already implemented but incomplete features, before starting with new ones.
    3. Bugs, technical issues fixes and minor changes are not listed here. We have been and will continue rolling those out with each patch.
    4. List points are in alphabetic order, not in order of implementation.

Enjoy the reading and let us know of your opinion, suggestions, and criticism!

Characters (Create, Delete, Buy Slot)
    Completing the character management system is our number one priority as of today. First of all, we'll make the delete character window in the login menu functional. Then, we will allow players to buy new character slots in the Store - up to 5 in total per account. Last but not least, the whole character creation will be revamped to be larger and include more options, such as basic skill and stat templates to choose from.

Credits Trading (New NPC)
    Trading premium items between players has always been problematic in Linkrealms. The source of all issues is that transactions through the "gift store item" system are asynchronous and therefore require a great deal of trust between the seller and the buyer. The Credits Trader, a new NPC to be found in all towns of Syndesia, will step in to solve the issue. By contacting him, players will be able to put credits on sale in exchange for an amount of Argents of their liking (between 1.000 and 10.000 Argents per Credit).

Dungeons (Bee Hive, Void)
    We have two major incomplete dungeons already on the map - the Bee Hive and the Void Dungeon. They will be finalized with new creatures, unique mechanics and rewards. The former will be targeted to mid-level characters, while the latter will include an area for mid-level characters and a final stage with a boss monster suitable for very experienced players only.

Guilds (Roles, Diplomacy, Ranking)
    The guild system of Linkrealms is missing some key elements as of today. First, we are going to give Guild Masters the possibility to promote and demote guild members to different roles. Such roles will allow guild members to carry out tasks like recruiting, expelling members, and managing the diplomacy of the guild. Diplomacy will indeed be the following implementation, to allow for wars and alliances between guilds. Moreover, we will implement a NPC through which players can view the ranking of each guild (language, number of members, boss kills, pvp stats, war stats) and get in touch with their Guild Masters.

Hotkeys (New Options, Menu)
    Our current hotkey menu will be enriched with new options, such as the possibility to create shortcuts to equip different types of weapons and staves. Eventually, the whole UI will be reworked to use a Linkrealms dynamic menu (like most of the game UI do), rather than a Windows menu.

Item Properties (Generation, Artifacts)
    We are currently unsatisfied with the way item generation works, and the properties of different materials. Our aim was to have a system through which players could craft pieces of armor as good as artifacts - of course, making such pieces would require spending the same amount of time and effort needed to obtain artifacts. Our current balancing clearly falls short of that. Plus, most artifacts themselves are not particularly interesting for experienced players. This is all going to be fixed through a massive overhaul on item generation. Of course, changes will be retroactively applied to all existing items.

Monsters (Challenge Level, Loot)
    Most creatures on Linkrealms today do not provide experienced players with an adequate challenge - and this is particularly true for boss monsters. This is partly due to their stats (e.g. low damage), partly to the fact several creatures use old AIs with clumsy behaviors. We will revamp both, and expand on what monster AIs can do (such as adding the possibility for monsters to apply afflictions).

Sorcery (Overhaul Progression)
    The already announced Sorcery Overhaul is a work in progress which will continue for the next months. We will keep adding new spells to complete the three Arcane Schools already available (Invocation, Alteration, Conjuration), and eventually get to the missing ones, Abjuration and Illusionism, with priority to the former. In between, we will implement a whole new UI for the Sorcery spellbook.

Tailoring Contracts (Rebalancing, New Rewards)
    The current tailoring contract system is both very basic and not well balanced. We are going to add new rewards to the Tailor Guildmistress, and split them into three groups by power. Contracts of different difficulty will be paid with three different types of Beads, which will be required separately by the three groups of rewards. Our aim with this change is to create a system where players with different tailoring levels can run for different levels of rewards and get them in a decent time frame.

• @Prometheus said in Short-Term Development Roadmap (06-27-16):

Item Properties (Generation, Artifacts)
    We are currently unsatisfied with the way item generation works, and the properties of different materials. Our aim was to have a system through which players could craft pieces of armor as good as artifacts - of course, making such pieces would require spending the same amount of time and effort needed to obtain artifacts. Our current balancing clearly falls short of that. Plus, most artifacts themselves are not particularly interesting for experienced players. This is all going to be fixed through a massive overhaul on item generation. Of course, changes will be retroactively applied to all existing items.

I really hope artis we have now will not become crap and whole time and effort to get them will become a big waste...

Other things sound really nice, especially I can't wait for the Guilds, Monsters, Credits Trading part.

• Sounds realy nice.

• FOUNDER: DUKE

differently by vetro i hope the item revamp will be NOT retroactive due to the complete rework of bosses, with new AI.

New artifacts require to be regained throught the new system, otherwise we will have people go farming all artifacts now that are easier to get and kept in safe when they will be harder to get, otherwise this game will fall into a new black hope at official release day, like the missed wipe...

I hope staff will think about seriously, ignoring the whiners

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

@Prometheus pretty excited about these changes. Keep up the good work.

• Credits Trading (New NPC)
    Trading premium items between players has always been problematic in Linkrealms. The source of all issues is that transactions through the "gift store item" system are asynchronous and therefore require a great deal of trust between the seller and the buyer. The Credits Trader, a new NPC to be found in all towns of Syndesia, will step in to solve the issue. By contacting him, players will be able to put credits on sale in exchange for an amount of Argents of their liking (between 1.000 and 10.000 Argents per Credit).

I can see hiding being a problem with this.

Someone agrees to sell me credits, we go to the NPC, he puts them up for sale, and 10 people jump out from hiding and buy up the credits before I have a chance to react.

• FOUNDER: DUKE

@Roundwaters maybe u haven't understood, there is no more reason to speak with people to get credits, because who have them can soloing go to npc and put them on sale, independently who is buyer....
    A sort of action house without bids

• You're assuming there's going to be plenty of credits available through that NPC. Personally, I'd buy them all up myself. I need so many repair items for all my chars. I'm sure many players will try to buy them all up just to be trolls.

Capping them at 10k seems a bad idea. Let the market decide. Personally, I think they're worth minimum 10k.

• @Roundwaters I would point out that this pooling of credits makes it easier to purchase them for less IRL money. As stands, even though I don't buy them, 1 credit = 0.062666 AUD

• But blacksmith and mining? when implementing yet?

• Being able to allow more than just the guild leader to recruit will be great. It will allow for much easier recruiting. Lol

• @HarryPotter I'm gonna imagine that will take a while.

• @HarryPotter we decided to complete existing features first. Blacksmithing and Mining will come right after!

• Holy crap! You guys have been working really hard on this game. I need to come back. Ill re-download it.

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.