Spawn times

• The spawn times are pretty ridiculous.. Enough not to play at all. Way too fast.

• @esotera improve your skills and then you will say spawn is way too slow...

• @esotera said in Spawn times:

The spawn times are pretty ridiculous.. Enough not to play at all. Way too fast.

Hi Esotera, in what areas do you think they are too fast exactly? We have already tweaked spawn rates in several parts of the world and dungeons.

• Perhaps the hard spider dungeon. Just impossible for a caster to do anything in there.

• @Roundwaters stoneskin babyyyyyyy

• FOUNDER: DUKE

mages are really too slow in pve due to the mana consume, mana regen, lack of slayers and the complex way to use aoe spells

at same condition a warrior can clear an area 5 time faster

so i have no problem with mages in spider dungeon, but warrior often have to wait a lot for spawns

• @Meziljin in most dungeons a mage and an archer is superior to two archer. Though this is an argument to be made that it is typically more efficient to do dungeons solo.

Edit: reworded

@Holya yes its true, a mage in a party is really useful due to the high damage output, but reasoning in solo, mage have harder life, even with spiritualism, maybe when "summon familiar" will be active, something could change, meantime its cry-time

• @Meziljin said in Spawn times:

mages are really too slow in pve due to the mana consume, mana regen, lack of slayers and the complex way to use aoe spells

at same condition a warrior can clear an area 5 time faster

so i have no problem with mages in spider dungeon, but warrior often have to wait a lot for spawns

If you manage to trap monsters or anyway make them stay close to a specific point, you can use high-level AOE spells (Meteor Storm, Fire Fiend) which totally destroy the AOE potential of a warrior. Even without that, a Noxious Plague is much more efficient than a Whirlwind from any weapon. Of course, in solo you have to learn positioning and make a clever use of the new Skin spells :)

• Do you even play this game anymore Prom?

Hail Storm is better than both Meteor Storm and Fire Fiend, and it doesn't even have an enhanced version. The mana cost and cast times on meteor and fiend make them all but useless now. Their damage really isn't even that good, especially the fiend.

Yes, Noxious Plague is good, IF you can spare the points to master poisoning. That's a big sacrifice for a caster to improve a single spell.

I don't think mages are all that bad at the moment. They're just mussing some decent support gear to bring them on par with the other classes.

@Prometheus pratically a conjurer with poison, a bit restrictive as build....
    But i have to say that ALL monsters i fight are vulnerable to fire, meantime same mobs are resistant cold and shock damage, only a few of them are sufficient vulnerable to allow a mage to use different spell from Fireball, which is actually the only spell i can use with a good damage/mana cost,

and more, its really restrictive and same time funny mobs have magic resistances, because it force a mage to study his victime, but same time limitate his poll of spell, and considering that NOT ALL SORCERY CLASS have a well distributed pool of spells for each element, this is a cause of limitation for builds

for example: if i have a lightning staff that enhance lightning (its jut an example, i know lightning staff is for pvp), it become useless for most of mobs because they resist lightning (except minotaurs seems), meantime a staff with fire orb enhance is more usefull, because all are fire weak.

Maybe and i wish to underline MAYBE it could be an idea to reduce or remove the magic resistance to mobs, allowing mages to use what they want in pve (pvp will remain more complex), preferring spell only for they style or pleasure, not forced to fire them due to lack resistant; and more, it could compensate the lack of slayers for mages....

• Agreed, all I use is enhanced fire orb. Maybe hail storm if I can trap the mobs. I maxed sorcery, 2 schools of magic, and I get 1 skill that I use.

These new magic skills are badly designed and grant very little in return. I accept that it will be like this forever (or at least years) because of the dev's mindset. Game mechanics are a trivial thing to change, but someone's mindset is damn near impossible.

• @Roundwaters said in Spawn times:

Do you even play this game anymore Prom?

Hail Storm is better than both Meteor Storm and Fire Fiend, and it doesn't even have an enhanced version. The mana cost and cast times on meteor and fiend make them all but useless now. Their damage really isn't even that good, especially the fiend.

Yes, Noxious Plague is good, IF you can spare the points to master poisoning. That's a big sacrifice for a caster to improve a single spell.

I don't think mages are all that bad at the moment. They're just mussing some decent support gear to bring them on par with the other classes.

I definitely play it, and our game designer even more of course :) That being said, sometimes balancing can be slightly off, like in the case of Meteor Storm and Hail Storm indeed (we've just verified and adjusted it). Don't forget you can always open a thread to point out specific balancing inconsistencies, it will work way better than mentioning it in a random discussion ;) - and you can see we have improved balancing aplenty in the latest patches.

The damage of the Fire Fiend is way larger than the others (both on single hits and thanks to its duration), particularly if you combine the Fiends smartly, but it strictly works with trapped mobs only.

@Meziljin resistances are an important tactical factor. We just need to complete the overhaul with more spells ;)

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.