Idea: Unarmed Weapons

• How about some brass knuckles, steel toed boots, claws or heavy gauntlets? Something to just enhance martial arts a bit.

Sounds like a good idea to me and definitely something we could look into a bit further down the road. I wouldn't mind having wolverine claws or heavy gauntlets, I'd also love to see tech style equipment also, that'd be cool. :)

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

@Pain said in Idea: Unarmed Weapons:

Sounds like a good idea to me and definitely something we could look into a bit further down the road. I wouldn't mind having wolverine claws or heavy gauntlets, I'd also love to see tech style equipment also, that'd be cool. :)

Be great to be able to poison them etc etc. Tactics that you can't get on regular weps

• FOUNDER: DUKE

i'm quite agree but must consider somethings:

marksmanship-mauling and severing works in a way
    staff fghting should work like them, but its quite different due to the restriction to have essences on it, technically if u have a staff empty and a bag full of essences u cannot cast
    all these above need battle tactics to unlock "tactics", except staff that unlock nothing but increase melee damage (it should be so)

Martial arts is totally different, introducing the possibility to cast without staffs, and i love this, but it give even positive and negative features

POSITIVE:

• no weapon needed to damage a enemy
    • no need of battle tactics to increase melee damage
    • no item to bless

NEGATIVE:

• no item mean even no stats (no enhance spell, no wisdom or other bonus
    • no artifact

Actually martial arts seems a way to create a mage without consume item casting spells, a sort of "low-cost" mage, but nothing more
    Giving items to unarmed skill could be good, but need something of strong to differentiate it from staff fighting otherwise its just an aestetich alternative to it

Here my idea:

No weapon for martial arts, but new craftable items that take place of gloves, that give specific bonus + normal gloves bonus (a sort of super item, but require martial arts to be weared and obviously strenght)
    3 tactics working even without battle tactics (something like stun, bleed and cripple, the most probably effects after a big fist lol)
    possible to cast exactly like martial arts work now

• what about conjured weapons that work off of martial arts and give stats based on spell? :)

"Ethereal Knuckles" Boosts Ethereal damage by 2 million and allows for instant blink casts between 20 realms.

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.