Spiritual Weapon - Weak Link - Combat Arts in General

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

@Prometheus I would like to know if this is on your radar. What are your plans with either ethereal resistance or spiritual weapon? Maybe you haven't noticed but basically every single player esp archers pop spiritual weapon first thing in fights because of how uncommon the resist is which per a conversation we previously had (regarding spell defiance) is on purpose. This one skill which requires 15 skill to use and only 45 to master and can basically be used infinitely since it has a 10psi req and only 5 soul cost can bypass a persons entire gear set.

The only options we currently have for gaining ethereal is ghastly leather crafted items (that will have trash mods unless i mess with beads)/a few artys/and necklace/bracer with ethereal resist on it and i personally have only seen that up to 20% but it may go higher just be more rare?

As for the artys with this resist only the boots (boots of the shadow dancer which isnt a mage item)/cape (necro cape) slot are wearable by a pure mage besides the voodoo staff.
    Theres 1 staff 1 hammer 1 bow 1 sword 2 helm 1 chest and 1 legging with some ethereal resist.

Keep in mind that you would literally need to specifically gear for this resist to even get a decent amount of it.

You then have the griffon spirit which does ethereal damage which is a commonly used spirit. You also have spiritual chains which is frequently used which drops your ethereal resist by 30% for 8 seconds per the description. (btw please make summons die when their owner dies)

Mages are getting a spell eventually called ethereal burst which im sure will be a big time damage dealer with how the resist is currently. Im sure there are other spells (magic vulnerability maybe) that will also have some sort of ethereal resist impact.

Weak link does the same thing targeting the lowest overall resist which i bet 9.999 times of 10 will be ethereal currently. At least it is less sustainable than spiritual weapon.

Personally Id like to see spiritual weap damage change to one of the 3 common resists of spell defiance shock/fire/ice.

I would like to see cooldowns implemented on combat arts as well. IE 3 second cool down to reuse moving shot/precision/etc.

Also when a battle tactic is activated the button is barely able to be differentiated when its light up and not light up. Id like to see the actual picture icons down there like it was with the previous ui.

PS. What are you guys doing about how easy it is to gain skills? Everyone uses spiritualism not only because its good but because it requires 0 souls and an auto clicker or something to wedge in a keyboard / to max.

• @Clavicus said in Spiritual Weapon - Weak Link - Combat Arts in General:

Weak link does the same thing targeting the lowest overall resist which i bet 9.999 times of 10 will be ethereal currently. At least it is less sustainable than spiritual weapon.

I have like 50+ elemental resistances with oath on (including ethereal). It is not so hard to get. To be honest, shock resistance is way harder to get than ethereal...

@Vetro you can get a bracelet/necklace with up to 40 per which isnt hard to obtain. nether oath isnt feasible for a mage to use (reducing all of your sdi) for a warrior its not as bad. I mentioned in another thread nether oath was the only thing i forgot to post about in regards to gaining ethereal.

the fact of the matter is if everyone spams one ability there is probably a reason why. id rather see ethereal added back to spell defiance frankly and call it a day. they took it away when they changed spell defiance to base resist for whatever reason (although prometheus didnt even realize spell defiance ever granted ethereal in the first place...)

• @Clavicus I have opened countless number of chests. Just shock res jewelry is not enough. It needs more useful stats I would say. And I have never got any... :P Also there is no really decent gear with shock res, maybe some lizard arts, but with such map parts drop rate, it is amazing pain in the ass to get them :/

@Vetro Yea i hear ya. Im really looking forward to the item rebalancing then maybe i will start running my 3's. Ive got a ton of nice shock resist jewelry i personally get very little good ice/fire.

• @Clavicus After the item rework, ethereal resistance will be rolled as random resistance on jewelry as magical resistances do, and on armor as well. By the latter I mean that yes, magical resistances will be rolled as modifiers on armor too, they will no longer depend on the material only. It will be overall much easier to find :)

man asking about robes got a better response from prom than something with several legit concerns. interesting.

• @Clavicus most of this will be covered as artifact changes are implemented and resist modifiers are randomized. if a tactic came with a cooldown then combat would be even slower in this game than it is. people would just stand there and shoot or run and shoot but it would be even harder to kill someone than it is now. 1v1 duels can go back and fourth forever. you're asking them to change it so that it is even harder to kill someone. ethereal resists are the very first jewelry i got and as a noob i was running around with 30% ether resist. spiritual weapons is the most used because it is currently the ONLY damage modifier spell. that doesn't make it OP. I've tested weak link many times against players with different resists. if the weapon has an additional damage proc combined with spiritual weapon combined with weak link, then it could hit for an upwards of 60-70, and then bam i use a 40 heal and run away and heal again and the duel is back to square one. weak link weapons don't have lethal strike for a reason.

EDIT 1: Also, spiritualism would take a month or more to level if they changed harvest souls. Nobody would even want to level it past 60 or 70, that would be creating a grind that nobody wants to do.

EDIT 2: the griffon spirit doesn't hit that hard at all in the beginning, the damage stacks the more times you get hit, if you don't want to take a lot of ether damage, I'd suggest you run away before it can stack 5 times on you. these are mechanics built into the game. Not unfair bugs you can't get around.

Any other questions?

@Abb

None of my questions were directed towards you nor do I care for your input.

• @Clavicus i forgot you were the only player here with an opinion, apologies.

• FOUNDER: DUKE

@Clavicus said in Spiritual Weapon - Weak Link - Combat Arts in General:

man asking about robes got a better response from prom than something with several legit concerns. interesting.

ROTFL

Yea, I think you must create new forum account and make new thread with same issue. Will work 100%...

@Vetro said in Spiritual Weapon - Weak Link - Combat Arts in General:

Yea, I think you must create new forum account and make new thread with same issue. Will work 100%...

This is why I love you Vetro. Because you get it. LOL.

text wall ;) he probably did some fast reading and missed some spots because you know devs are always busy :)

As someone said, I read everything, but it's hard for me to reply to everything :) Other points:

1. The functioning of Weak Link will be completely changed in the future.
    2. Spiritual Weapon will stay as it is because, as I've said, Ethereal resistance will be more common. Same for all the other points you brought up about Ethereal resistance ;)
    3. It's very unlikely we'll add cooldowns to Tactics.
    4. Yes, we totally have to do something for the Battle Tactics button, and it will probably be making it work like before (there's quite some art to redo tho).
    5. How comes you say Spiritualism is so easy to gain? Fine, it can be macroed like Sorcery, but why would it need 0 Souls?

• @Prometheus said in Spiritual Weapon - Weak Link - Combat Arts in General:

1. How comes you say Spiritualism is so easy to gain? Fine, it can be macroed like Sorcery, but why would it need 0 Souls?

this is unintended?! I was so upsetti with the change since I was already 95 or something spirit when it happened. Ever since steam release you could get 100 spiritualism with harvest souls. Same goes for tier one mage spells.

• @Holya said in Spiritual Weapon - Weak Link - Combat Arts in General:

@Prometheus said in Spiritual Weapon - Weak Link - Combat Arts in General:

1. How comes you say Spiritualism is so easy to gain? Fine, it can be macroed like Sorcery, but why would it need 0 Souls?

this is unintended?! I was so upsetti with the change since I was already 95 or something spirit when it happened. Ever since steam release you could get 100 spiritualism with harvest souls. Same goes for tier one mage spells.

Holy cow!!! It's not!

We write all we change in our patch logs - at most we leave out very minor things, but certainly not something so impactful - and we never wrote this in any!

How comes no one ever reported it? Well, I guess because it was pretty convenient not to do so. Will be fixed at next restart.

• @Prometheus said in Spiritual Weapon - Weak Link - Combat Arts in General:

@Holya said in Spiritual Weapon - Weak Link - Combat Arts in General:

Holy cow!!! It's not!

We write all we change in our patch logs - at most we leave out very minor things, but certainly not something so impactful - and we never wrote this in any!

How comes no one ever reported it? Well, I guess because it was pretty convenient not to do so. Will be fixed at next restart.

Confirmed Linkrealms Spaghetti Code

• @Myhal said in Spiritual Weapon - Weak Link - Combat Arts in General:

@Holya said in Spiritual Weapon - Weak Link - Combat Arts in General:

Holy cow!!! It's not!

Confirmed Linkrealms Spaghetti Code

The code we inherited from the previous dev team is pretty well structured, even tho it contains a bit too much duplication. Definitely not spaghetti code - at least! ;)

• FOUNDER: DUKE

that bug was reported time ago by myself too, and this affect even sorcery that grow until 100 with spell lvl 1

i asked even if it was intended, this show is really hilarious, and actually a fix that remove this easyskilling will kill a bit more the game imho

problem is not skills....

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.