Staves in random chests.

• As a mage, it is frustrating that you cant get staves inside chests. People keeps getting swords, axes, hammers, crossbows... and me, all I loot are the argents and sometimes some jewelry/cloth.

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

they drop on mobs and bosses all the time.. more than weps at times how does it randomly falling in a chest help heh?

On a side note why not just buy cheap store staff and vipor it?

• I think I've only found one thing ever worth grabbing out of a chest. Lol

@Abb said in Staves in random chests.:

I think I've only found one thing ever worth grabbing out of a chest. Lol

there is way more important things for chest than thosse.. i think someone is robbing you lol

• @Aries haha I was more specifically referring to weapons and armor. :) I've grabbed tons of Jewerly. Lol

• Aries, you've been hanging with the PvP crowd too long and have picked up their bad habits.
    Telling players that they have to do all kinds of convoluted stuff to achieve parity with other classes because you don't play that class.

Bosses? Mages aren't soloing many bosses, especially new players. I tried farming the Goblin Queen for staffs, it was a waste of time.

• @Aries said in Staves in random chests.:
    On a side note why not just buy cheap store staff and vipor it?

Still trying to understand what does this means.

• Aries was referring to staff durability.

Dead was talking about finding staffs with decent mods.

• yeah figured it was something wrong.
    Beside artifact, Ive never seen a staff with more than 3 properties
    You can get staff loot in like 3, maybe 4 non bosses (Skeletal priest, beholder, mage bandit, and the mage in White barracs) I think.
    I am not saying artifact staves... I am talking about random loot.
    I am playing this for more than a month and the best staff Ive found is a enhanced fireorb with 8% dodge. Yes I do have some artifacts like reptilian staff, voodo, etc... but they dont seems good enought for me.

@Roundwaters said in Staves in random chests.:

Aries, you've been hanging with the PvP crowd too long and have picked up their bad habits.
    Telling players that they have to do all kinds of convoluted stuff to achieve parity with other classes because you don't play that class.

Bosses? Mages aren't soloing many bosses, especially new players. I tried farming the Goblin Queen for staffs, it was a waste of time.

Could be. I stopped running a lot of dungeons due to my realm error that and I was never a lock picker I always got everything from mobs

@Roundwaters said in Staves in random chests.:

Aries was referring to staff durability.

Dead was talking about finding staffs with decent mods.

I thought he ment dur haha I shouldn't read these drunk

• FOUNDER: SETTLER

agree . i not mage but i saw diferente of drops . whe need set stafs in monsters too drop.

no other way to drop just skeleotn priest or eye boss. cant get any decent.normal staff diferent of bows and other type of weapons. have a way in chests and monsters well.

ItaloBr

• @ItaloBrasil said in Staves in random chests.:

agree . i not mage but i saw diferente of drops . whe need set stafs in monsters too drop.

no other way to drop just skeleotn priest or eye boss. cant get any decent.normal staff diferent of bows and other type of weapons. have a way in chests and monsters well.

ItaloBr

Translating:
    "Agree. I am not a mage, but Ive seen differences in drop rate. I cant get any decent non artifact staff unlike bows and other type of weapons wich are very easy to find. There should be a way in chests and monsters to drop staves.

ItaloBr"

I would even add that this wouldnt need very much of programming skill. All you need is to add staves in the chests loot tabble.

• @DEAD said in Staves in random chests.:

I would even add that this wouldnt need very much of programming skill. All you need is to add staves in the chests loot tabble.

It needs none, if fact, but it needs game design (balancing) work, and that doesn't come free - as much as programming time and art time don't come free. We have planned to revise the loot tables of all monsters and chests our roadmap - we'll pay attention to staves as well :)

That being said, the fact they can roll 4 modifiers at the same time at most is intended, the fact it's so hard to find them is not, but that's part of the item generation system rework, also in the roadmap.

• @Prometheus said in Staves in random chests.:

@DEAD said in Staves in random chests.:

It needs none, if fact, but it needs game design (balancing) work, and that doesn't come free - as much as programming time and art time don't come free. We have planned to revise the loot tables of all monsters and chests our roadmap - we'll pay attention to staves as well :)

That being said, the fact they can roll 4 modifiers at the same time at most is intended, the fact it's so hard to find them is not, but that's part of the item generation system rework, also in the roadmap.

Thank you for you reply!
    So, I guess we are going to see some really improvements toward mages now! Hopefully this will be in the next roadmap phase :closed_lock_with_key:

• FOUNDER: SETTLER

not yett

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.