Release 05 - Minor Update (5.1)

• Hi everyone,

This patch implements several bug fixes and introduces a couple small but game-changing additions to the Slayer System and + Skill Bonus modifiers. Plus, it's now possible for players to delete their characters.

You can consider this as a transition patch while we keep working on the next two points of our development roadmap: the overhaul on Item Generation and Guild Functionalities.

Below is a detail description of the patch.

ADDITIONS

1 - The Slayer System has been heavily expanded and reworked. There are now two classes of Slayer modifiers: Family Slayer and Specific Slayer. Modifiers belonging to the former (e.g. Undead Slayer) include more creatures and deal 100% additional damage to those creatures. Modifiers belonging to the latter (e.g. Zombie Slayer) include fewer creatures but deal 200% additional damage to those creatures. Check out the Slayer wiki page for more info.

2 - The Slayer modifier can be now rolled on Staffs as well. Slayer staffs work exactly like Slayer weapons, dealing 100% or 200% additional damage (according to whether it's Family or Specific) both if used to cast spells and if used to attack melee.

3 - The + Skill Bonus modifier that can be found on braces, necklaces and some artifacts has been extended to all active skills in the game besides crafting ones. We expect these modifiers to become a staple of any character build.

4 - It's now possible to delete characters. Each player is allowed to delete 1 character every 24 hours at most.

CHANGES

1 - The cumulative bonus to each single skill from + Skill Bonus modifiers is now capped at 25 points. Therefore, for instance, if you have 50 Meditation, you can reach at most 75 if you manage to stack 25 points of + Meditation Bonus from different pieces of equipment. The bonus can still make the skill go above the 100 cap, as it always did.

2 - The resistance buff / debuff effects of Freeze, Petrify, Scorch, Murky Ooze, Green Ooze and Crush Armor now affect monsters too.

3 - The cost of Tailoring Dusts has been reduced from 250/1500/5000 beads to 100/1000/3000 beads. This is just a small change, waiting for the system to be properly redone.

4 - Spells cast from monsters dealing Shock, Fire or Ice damage now trigger Spell Defiance gains in player victims.

5 - Spells and attacks from monsters now trigger Reflect Physical / Magical Damage.

6 - The cooldown on milk collection from cows has been reduced from 20-40 min to 5-10 min; the cooldown to sheer sheep has been halved.

7 - Meteor Storm now drops on average 50% more meteors in its duration.

FIXES

1 - Ooze particles are now correctly removed from characters when they die.

2 - The Founder Scepter is now correctly a Staff, and the Founder Crown now belongs to a set (Metal) and has therefore acquires its properties.

3 - Wands no longer get bugged and obtain crazy physical resistances at server restart. The fix is retroactive.

4 - Several errors have been fixed in the menu showing the skills of other players.

5 - Sorcery spells not associated to any Arcane School (Minor Heal, Heal Wounds, Restoration) now correctly report Generic. Spells associated to the Abjuration school, which is not yet active, no longer trigger random gains of other schools.

6 - Fixed captions on a few basic items like Shovels, Pickaxes and Metal Detectors.

7 - Ice Splinters no longer causes errors when used on targets immune to Freeze effects.

8 - The client no longer generates errors when trying to open the Gestures menu on a newly created character logged in for the first time.

9 - The Tailoring Guildmistress is back and now correctly gives Powders to users who already have some in their inventory.

Let us known what you think of all these changes and enjoy Linkrealms!

• FOUNDER: DUKE

@Prometheus said in Beta Update - Patch 2.4.1 (07-06-16):

2 - The Slayer modifier can be now rolled on Staffs as well. Slayer staffs work exactly like Slayer weapons, dealing 100% or 200% additional damage (according to whether it's Family or Specific) both if used to cast spells and if used to attack melee.

FAREWELL MARTIAL ARTS

3 - Wands no longer get bugged and obtain crazy physical resistances at server restart. The fix is retroactive.

**Is it really necessary? **

• @Meziljin said in Beta Update - Patch 2.4.1 (07-06-16):

@Prometheus said in Beta Update - Patch 2.4.1 (07-06-16):

FAREWELL MARTIAL ARTS

**Is it really necessary? **

As long as Touch spells are not implemented, there is no big advantage in going for Martial Arts, yes. About the wands... Did anyone really think that buying a Wand used to teleporting or marking maps and finding it the next day with, say, +200% Crush Resistance was intended, and meant to stay? ;)

@Prometheus about touch spells, ur intrigating me, i will wait before remove martial arts :). About wands, there is no sense to put resistance so high on an item that is pratically used to avoid fights in pvp

• did you forgot to fix ice splinters damage to scalonate with conjuration skill+spell damage?

question, does the %200 dmg work on poison dmg as well? @Prometheus

• 1 - The cumulative bonus to each single skill from + Skill Bonus modifiers is now capped at 25 points. Therefore, for instance, if you have 50 Meditation, you can reach at most 75 if you manage to stack 25 points of + Meditation Bonus from different pieces of equipment. The bonus can still make the skill go above the 100 cap, as it always did.

I dont like this change, why to touch this, now again i need to skill locpicking ( i had the lizard bracers +20 and neck +10 ). Please make locpicking a working skill.

Also mehanized xbow is giving you 15 skill + the beginer set +10 + jevelery +20
    you had some potential for stacking high skill for pvp now its lost ...

What about the best tayloring kit

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

@Kapich said in Beta Update - Patch 2.4.2 (07-06-16):

1 - The cumulative bonus to each single skill from + Skill Bonus modifiers is now capped at 25 points. Therefore, for instance, if you have 50 Meditation, you can reach at most 75 if you manage to stack 25 points of + Meditation Bonus from different pieces of equipment. The bonus can still make the skill go above the 100 cap, as it always did.

I dont like this change, why to touch this, now again i need to skill locpicking ( i had the lizard bracers +20 and neck +10 ). Please make locpicking a working skill.

Also mehanized xbow is giving you 15 skill + the beginer set +10 + jevelery +20
    you had some potential for stacking high skill for pvp now its lost ...

What about the best tayloring kit

I assume it was OP with the bonus to two critical stats.

• 1 - The Slayer System has been heavily expanded and reworked. There are now two classes of Slayer modifiers: Family Slayer and Specific Slayer. Modifiers belonging to the former (e.g. Undead Slayer) include more creatures and deal 100% additional damage to those creatures. Modifiers belonging to the latter (e.g. Zombie Slayer) include fewer creatures but deal 200% additional damage to those creatures. Check out the Slayer wiki page for more info.

On the page Minotaur slayer is under Humanoid and Undead and this looks silly. I know you ment specific Hades boss becouse its an mino and undead but still in the table this looks bad

@Kapich said in Beta Update - Patch 2.4.2 (07-06-16):

1 - The Slayer System has been heavily expanded and reworked. There are now two classes of Slayer modifiers: Family Slayer and Specific Slayer. Modifiers belonging to the former (e.g. Undead Slayer) include more creatures and deal 100% additional damage to those creatures. Modifiers belonging to the latter (e.g. Zombie Slayer) include fewer creatures but deal 200% additional damage to those creatures. Check out the Slayer wiki page for more info.

On the page Minotaur slayer is under Humanoid and Undead and this looks silly. I know you ment specific Hades boss becouse its an mino and undead but still in the table this looks bad

i read same :)

so excessive to create a slayer weapon personalized

• Am I the only one still getting "your cliente version is invalid" even after already patched up?

Doing a full reinstall to the game.

EDIT: Did it, I can loggin now, but getting lots of connection lost. Anyone else?

• FOUNDER: SETTLER

yes i got that trouble too.

its patch but say anything wrong not save and cant enter. windows 7 ultimate original.

• FOUNDER: SETTLER

i tring to re install it. lets see.

• The reinstalling worked to me. Working 100% now.

• This post is deleted!

@Prometheus said in Beta Update - Patch 2.4.2 (07-06-16):

7 - Meteor Storm now drops on average 50% more meteors in its duration.

I remember a time when but a young Clavicus Vile argued that Meteor Storm should not be nerfed with a then young global moderator named Prometheus. Now im right 3+/- years later mwahahahaha

In all seriousness nice patch you guys are doing a great job.

The only thing I do not like is the fact that founder items like the crown is now metal or capes which have certain material requirements exist.

These items should come "clean" with no metal/material affix to them (or resists of course) allowing a person to xfer whatever they want to it. Once it has been xfered (vipered) it then "locks" that material type to it. This would allow a mage founder to wear those cool capes and not be penalized with sorcery impairment or of course a crown. Not everyone is going to want to be an archer/warrior..... eventually. You could put a disclaimer on the founder packs informing people of such.

Don't you agree?

EDIT: Thank you for giving my founders sceptre 20,560 fire charges, 32,256 water charges, 9 earth chages :(, and 4902 air charges you are the best!

Bit of rant here...

I was excited about martial arts. Immediately went and worked my mage to 100 MA. Then I realized that the essences were consumables.... I haven't tested this, but when you die, there go your consumables. The staff however, stores them as charges and stays with you. The staff can also potentially have additional helpful properties which now include slayer properties....

Soooo... Martial arts is interesting, but it is a disadvantage to take it. The only advantage is that there is no weapon to decay from durability loss. I think I will invest the effort and time into staff fighting and let martial arts go. If you plan on changes this with a mage focus that allows the mage to store essences like a staff, and maybe allow additional helpful properties to be used... than let me know, because right now, Martial arts looks like a waste of skill points.

Incidentally... I am waiting on my steam status to be converted to here.

PSS

Loving LR so far!

@Templar read all topic carefully, there will be an interesting implementation for martial arts in future :)

• So Whats up with today patch?

@Meziljin said in Beta Update - Patch 2.4.2 (07-06-16):

@Templar read all topic carefully, there will be an interesting implementation for martial arts in future :)

I read it. The only thing mentioned was touch spells. Still doesn't solve the issue of the disparity between mage/staff users and mage/martial artists. Doesn't mean that they won't address these issues, just that as it stands, Martial arts is not worth the points.

I didn't see anything stating that there will be an "Interesting Implementation" for martial arts. I would like to see clarification of what is intended before I chose to use the points for something else.

@Templar martial arts has been implemented not long time ago, and yes its less effective than staff fighting, but main difference is that with martial arts u can play without money (nothing to repair). This is actually the only point.

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.