What is the best crop to farm?

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

I'm currently farming honey, but that takes up secures in my house. I'm still learning about them as well. It looks like the honey just spawns all over the floor? Do they ever stop producing honey?

What else should I be growing in my house?
    Is there anything that players will buy in bulk?

Thanks in advance for any answers :)

• Don't bother with farming unless you're good with a macro. The only people I've known in this game who could tolerate farming only did so because the macroed it. Otherwise it's murder on the wrists, and that's just collecting your crops. Then you have to spend hours clicking a button to craft it all.

You need hundreds of seeds, but the vendors only sell a handful at a time, which is a pain in the ass

Honeycombs keep producing honey for about 7 days, after which they disappear. Best to buy the smallest ones, because then you don't have to walk around them. Honeycombs will only produce honey on your ground floor, don't put them on upper floors.

Sometimes I'll plant all regular watermelons or pumpkins for the random mutant melons and white pumpkins. But honestly, it produces so few of them, I don't bother with that anymore.

Besides that, the only thing people ever grow is green grapes. Decent heal, and it sells for a decent amount. Also, you don't have to empty your inventory every 100 items when crafting like you have to do with cloth.

The only thing I really farm now is gnomes, for the gnome level maps. Although since I haven't found anything in that level to justify the wear and tear on my gear in months, that's not really worth the time either.

• FOUNDER: DUKE

@Roundwaters said in What is the best crop to farm?:

Don't bother with farming unless you're good with a macro. The only people I've known in this game who could tolerate farming only did so because the macroed it. Otherwise it's murder on the wrists, and that's just collecting your crops. Then you have to spend hours clicking a button to craft it all.

You need hundreds of seeds, but the vendors only sell a handful at a time, which is a pain in the ass

Honeycombs keep producing honey for about 7 days, after which they disappear. Best to buy the smallest ones, because then you don't have to walk around them. Honeycombs will only produce honey on your ground floor, don't put them on upper floors.

Sometimes I'll plant all regular watermelons or pumpkins for the random mutant melons and white pumpkins. But honestly, it produces so few of them, I don't bother with that anymore.

Besides that, the only thing people ever grow is green grapes. Decent heal, and it sells for a decent amount. Also, you don't have to empty your inventory every 100 items when crafting like you have to do with cloth.

The only thing I really farm now is gnomes, for the gnome level maps. Although since I haven't found anything in that level to justify the wear and tear on my gear in months, that's not really worth the time either.

All u read above is totally false

1- farming in realm is the best way to skill up cooking, and u will need in future more than other skills
    2- honeycombs last about 1 month, then disappear
    3- seeds can be collectd in only 1 round if u have map marked on the vendor spots (about 10 sellers)
    4- green grapes and red grapes allow to have a good stock of wine which allow a lot for heal, but only for mid game, sell price is 1-2 gp each, impossibile to get money from them
    5- gnomes are good for maps that are an important feature of the game
    6- high level of cooking allow to produce best alcoholic drinks of game, with great heal cover. A good farm allow to have a decent production of burbon and scotch to cover your need forever

• @Meziljin All u read above is totally false

1-Picking crops from the nab farms on alts is the best way to level cooking
    2-Not actually sure about honey, never used it
    3-The most efficant way to collect seeds is to kill your own vendor repeatedly
    4-Green grapes spawn in the nab farms, and regenerate faster there. Also they sell for more, you just need to reset the vendor's prices until they're good
    5-Gnome crown is BiS for mage, but other than that the universal drop chance:time spent ratio in gnomer is bad. Edit: Other than runic helm, but lol, you're not gonna get a runic helm
    6-If you're looking to produce purely burban/scotch lockpicking in the smith's is probably more efficant

@Holya said in What is the best crop to farm?:

@Meziljin All u read above is totally false

1-Picking crops from the nab farms on alts is the best way to level cooking
    2-Not actually sure about honey, never used it
    3-The most efficant way to collect seeds is to kill your own vendor repeatedly
    4-Green grapes spawn in the nab farms, and regenerate faster there. Also they sell for more, you just need to reset the vendor's prices until they're good
    5-Gnome crown is BiS for mage, but other than that the universal drop chance:time spent ratio in gnomer is bad. Edit: Other than runic helm, but lol, you're not gonna get a runic helm
    6-If you're looking to produce purely burban/scotch lockpicking in the smith's is probably more efficant

This show how ur a lame player:
    1- using nab farms creating secondary characters is a lame conduct, it is not thinked for this the nab farm
    2- \\
    3- another lame conduct, clap to you
    4- still a lame player using game bugs for his purpose
    5- shared artifacts, as wiki say, have best chance here than all other places, and some of them is really good, and u know this
    6- another lame conduct, that chests shouldn't drop such high lvl items

and pls continue skill staff fighting with your chars using multiaccount and the unlimited durability of the staffs while its still active, like u are doing on your realm (one of them)

• @Meziljin
    1-Sounds
    2-Like
    3-My penis
    4-Is bigger
    5-Than
    6-Yours

I'm simultaneously leveling 4 chars right now <: and all of my other characters were leveled the same way. You've no reason to be so hostile, if you weren't you might get better faster. I've legitimately got like four super in depth LR guides made for class/build selection, leveling, money making/item values, and most efficant ways to farm bosses. I probably won't release them purely because it'd help ingrates like you s:

@Holya enjoy your game, until it end

• Hmmm... seems my knowledge of the crafting systems is a bit outdated.

But still, I don't see anything that's worth the effort of farming. You're not crafting anything good with cloth, and you can find heals for less effort elsewhere.

If you want to level tailoring, it's more efficient to grab mats from mobs, which seems to be the only thing bosses drop anymore.

• @Roundwaters you want the best heals possible for PVP purposes on the other server c: In terms of farming anything other than mutant melons you're right though, nothing's worth it.

Edit: and for mutant melons you need to be on every couple hours to harvest, or they're not sustainable. So not realistic for most players.

• Picking up honey one one by one absolutely sucks, as does any crop you have to harvest one at a time. That's why green grapes have been semi tolerable, they last a long time, give multiple grapes, and can be collected in a single click.

As for getting your own vendor and endlessly resetting it, why? Why does it have to be such a pain in the ass? Weird design mechanics are no substitute for basic functionality.

• @Roundwaters the riverbank grapes respawn really quick, I'd recommend picking them over growing your own
    alt text

I kinda like that vendors have randomized prices. It's silly that you can reset them by killing the vendor without penalty, but in theory it's a nice roleplay thing.

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

I greatly appreciate everyones feedback! This may be solid feedback for @Prometheus to review as well.

So it definitely sounds like farming is not worth it in it's current state. I guess I can try for the watermelons and see how I feel after that.

What about Corn? I don't think you can harvest corn as a n00b anywhere. Does that make it worth growing?

I am currently levling cooking and am near 60, so I just need a sheeshton of grapes currently. :)

Anyway, thanks for all of your help.

• @Trance104 I forget at what level you master chardonnay, but the best thing to level with after that is pumpkin pie all the way up to 88. After that start on either mutant melons, or scotch all the way to 100. Corn's kinda worthless because of pumpkin pies being so comparatively easy to farm.

Edit: I'm unsure if there's a phase between chardonnay/pumpkin pie, but if there is flour/tomatos from the nab farms, and get meat from darkling hunters/hell spawn/farmer vendors.

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.