Questions

• What can I kill with a humanoid slayer?

Am I better off with armor made from alloys or armor I find with extra magic properties?

Any trick to separating the different colored gnomes in the gnome map adventure? I keep auto-targeting the wrong color. Very frustrating.

Are there any good macro programs for the crafting stuff? I tried a few I found online but they all suck and I'm still stuck tapping keys for minutes on end.

Is there any chance I get the wiki somehow? It would be really helpful.

• What can I kill with a humanoid slayer?

Humanoid slayer is a "general" slayer weapon, which will increase your base damage against affected creatures by 100%. Note that, unlike damage%, this increases base damage, and therefore compounds with other modifiers such as the aforementioned damage%. Humanoids include: minotaur, trolls, humans, and probably more I'm forgetting.

Note that general slayer weapons are considered inferior to specific slayer weapons, which increase the weapon's base damage against a smaller group of enemy types by 200%, as opposed to 100%. An example of this is bovine slayer, which affects exclusively minotaur, omega cows, and alpha bulls.

Am I better off with armor made from alloys or armor I find with extra magic properties?

This is a difficult question to answer. Technically, for most builds, the best armor by far is crafted, but only with enchanting dust, and the chance of actually getting something perfect, or even far above average is basically zero. I don't mean, like, couple thousand hours grinding rare, I mean if you made a very efficient crafting bot, and ran 20 of them at all times I doubt you'd get a single perfect piece of gear before you die IRL.

If you're looking to reasonably optimize your character, I'd happily give you a build path/customize an item tier list for you, but if you're just here to smell the roses I'd suggest predominately using crafted/enhanced high fame gear. I've personally soloed every dungeon, except the new version of Tartaros, completely naked, and I expect Tartaros can be soloed the same.

A gear's "fame" is between 0-10000, with the cap behind determined by the monster it dropped from, or the type of/lack of dust it was crafted with. For example, the gnome king's fame is 10k, so the gear he drops will be randomly assigned a fame between 0 and 10k. If it's ten thousand, it has the meximum number of modifiers that type of gear can carry, and each modifiers will be as potent as possible. If it rolls 0 fame, it's just a blank items.

For the mid-game, or general casual players, I'd recommend farming gnome knights, which are 7(6?)k fame. Once you find pieces with generally decent modifiers (skills relevent to you, magical resistances, ability cost reductions, resources regeneration) enhance them.

Items are enhanced by double clicking a corrasponding (leather of any type for leather, cloth of any type for cloth) material, then clicking the itme you want to enhance. Every different material offers are different enhance effect, for exmaple enhancing with ghastly leather increases ethereal resistance, and physical resistance by a set amount. note you can only enhance an item once, so make sure you're enhancing with a material you're sure you want on especially good items.

Gear specialization is far more important than having generally good gear, at least on your first play through. For example if you're fighting lizards, a high poison resistance is important, but armor rating does literally nothing. Poison/Ice resistance will greatly increase the margin for effort when doing blackwoods, whereas generic "good" armor will only really increase DPS.

The most common mistakes people make when gearing would be:

• Overvaluing physical resistances, at the cost of attack speed
    • Not realizing heavier armor (I forget what the stat is called, but it'll be obvious if you're looking for it) reduces attack speed
    • Undervaluing magical resistances, or not getting the correct magical resistances for the encounter
    • Not realizing damage% only increases base physical damage, meaning its value is fairly low UNLESS you're using a slayer weapon for it to compound with, and/or an ability like ignore armor with it.

Any trick to separating the different colored gnomes in the gnome map adventure? I keep auto-targeting the wrong color. Very frustrating.

That I know of, you're pretty much shit out of luck as a melee. I'd suggest exiting your combat stance after each gnome murderymurder. It's much easier as a mage, and mage is generally the most efficient PVE class, if that's something you care about.

Are there any good macro programs for the crafting stuff? I tried a few I found online but they all suck and I'm still stuck tapping keys for minutes on end.

I doubt the admins are still checking, but I've already been warned for advocating piracy : P with that in mind, I've nothing specific to suggest beyond implications.

Is there any chance I get the wiki somehow? It would be really helpful.

There was, however poorly maintained & inaccurate, a wiki before. I did a quick search just now, and nothing. I guess somebody vandalized it? Weird, dude.

Other things to note:

1. DO NOT STORE IMPORTANT ITEMS IN PERSONAL REALMS. There have been a couple server failures causing all items stored in personal realms to be destroyed. There's nobody left willing to go through the effort to restore them to you. This includes monster spawners, items in chests, portals, doors, and secured items on the ground.

2. Beastmen = gay furries

3. Pedos Anon[VAN] is the greatest LR guild to exist, with a KD well over 200:1, in a game where you have a random chance to die to a bug in every PVP encounter (accounting for our KD even having a D)

4. Everybody not in VAN is/was garbage

5. If you, or anybody else, wants help with optimizing builds/anything Linkrealms related, feel free to message me on discord @Holya#8680

• Holya:

Thanks for the detailed reply.

The gnome dungeon was taking me forever because I was going for too much finesse. I toggle peace/war a little in the three houses area, but what I found works best is just killing as many as fast as possible, even with an occasional mistargetted color. Then when the building is mostly afire, choosing my targets a little more carefully. Saves a ton of time. Same for the Gnome King. I tried all these different approaches with archery and whatnot, but what I found works best is to just move out of the way of his area of effect spells and whack him with the gnome hammer as much as possible.

Taking this crude approach I've cut the time it takes me to do the dungeon by 2/3rds.

I'll keep playing with different armor configurations. I tried putting together "reflect physical damage" suits but I didn't notice much effect, so I'll go with the alloys or stuff that raises life points for now. I'll stick with medium armor to keep my attack speeds reasonable.

The game is pretty neat. It's too bad the development got halted cuz it's really a clever system.

• How do you get enchanted dust?

• You're not advocating piracy to tell me which macro program works. Something on par with Razor for UO maybe?

The ones I tried all sucked. Better off hitting the keys with my own fingers.

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

You can use a simple auto clicker if you are just wanting to not click a billion times. I use the one built into my razor mouse. As far as macro program I always used blue eye macro. I think it has a free trial but then you have to buy it.

• I held on for a month then became e interesting...

• Damage/magic reflection is basically worthless, except in a few very niche situations. It takes account of both your, and your enemy's resistances. For example, if a monster with 50% resistance hits you with a spell that has a regular damage of 100, and you have 100% reflect/50% resistance, you would be hit for 50 damage, then he would receive 25 damage because of his resistance.

There's probably a monster with low base resistances for their own attack kind, and a build with high sustain that can very situationally take advantage of this... But it's really not worth it in a world where you can do over 100 DPS with slayer weapons, and your only limiting factor is the number of secondary stats you can get to keep your resource bars up.

How do you get enchanted dust?

The tailor in Riverbank has a repeatable quest. I'd recommend only doing the most advanced one, unless you're strictly just using it incidentally to level, and abandoning inefficient quests. The hardest assignments tend to need ~90 tailoring at least, and usually in conjunction with a tailoring kit(increases tailoring level) you receive from the tailoring vendor for tailoring beads(the currency you get from completing quests). The tailoring vendor also being where you'd buy dust. He lives in the riverbank tailoring shop, just next to the tailoring quest guy.

It's against the rules to multi-log, but the BY FAR more effective way to farm tailoring beads is to make 5-10 alt accounts, and cycle between them trying to get low cost/high reward quests, making the needed items on your main, and trading in on your alts. You do this because abandoning tailoring quests makes you ineligible to receive another for 2 hours. 9/10 quests aren't worth doing when you factor in the time it takes to gather resources.

With that said, I'd strongly recommend you not invest much of your time into enchanting, unless it's something you intrinsically find fun. If you spend 30 minutes killing gnome knights/enhancing their gear, and 200 hours farming enchanting dust, the likelihood is the gnome knight gear would be superior. Killing the gnome king is probably a more time effective way to get 10k fame gear, and all enchanting dust does is increase the fame of the gear you craft to the maximum that kind can have. The only material even worth using 10k enchanting dust on, in my opinion, is enchanted cloth, which has the lowest chance of having something good, and the highest chance of being garbage.

TL;DR just don't do enchanting, it's not worth it unless it's for PVP, and even then it's only worth if you're truly a no-lifer

You're not advocating piracy to tell me which macro program works. Something on par with Razor for UO maybe?

The ones I tried all sucked. Better off hitting the keys with my own fingers.

I predominately used jitbit macro recorder for more menial things like crafting, but whatever mein negro Clavicus recommended is probably as good. That I know of, there's no Razor equivalent for Linkrealms.

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.