Summer Beta End (07-13-15) & News

• Hi everyone,

after two weeks of quivering activity, the time has come for us to put an end to the Summer Beta! On Sunday, September 13th, at 11pm CEST (5pm EDT), the live server will be shut down until the start of the Fall Beta.

We really would like to thank you all for your participation and your precious feedback. Your suggestions (and criticisms!) were invaluable for us to find out what the community wants from Linkrealms and to determine the priority fields to work on in the future.

As a thanks for your efforts, we are going to host a live PvE event in the Void Caste next to Ravenfeast, which will be populated for the occasion by its new inhabitants, among which the mysterious Trascended Parasights and the dreadful Overseers. The event will start on Sunday, September 13th, at 9pm CEST (3pm EDT) - that is, it will last for a couple of hours, until the closing of the server.

Here are a few additional information for you.

What is going to happen to our characters after the server is closed?

Nothing! When the Fall Beta starts, you will find you character exactly as you left it.

When will the Fall Beta start?

It will start in October. Yes, this soon! The exact launch day will be announced as soon as possible.

What do we do in the meantime?

Keep following the forums and our social pages to be always up to date with the development of Linkrealms!

What new implementations will be included in the Fall Beta?

We are going to release a development roadmap as soon as possible!

Will there be a PvE server in the Fall Beta?

It depends on the size of the playerbase, so we can't promise anything, but it's our intention to have it!

Additional information will be added to this post later on.

See you all on Sunday and enjoy Linkrealms!

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

Stinks you guys have to bring down the server :(

Please don't nerf spiritualism b/c ofme.

If anything decrease the setback while casting sorc spells, and make them easier to cast.

It's been fun!

Please nerf spiritualism. It's entirely over powered and there's no reason that the only way you can be viable in pvp is if you have it. There needs to be more balance between pure mages and those who want to hybrid.

BTW what happens to our realms? will they be OK too?

Does this mean that we finally get our first characters on the old server back?

or let us be able to use them on any server?

@Aries said:

or let us be able to use them on any server?

I dont think we'll ever get our alpha char back

@Rolex

I would still rock you as a dexer or a pure mage. It's not the class it's the player behind it. I've only fought one person that was actually good while in beta. I'm not even pvp spec at the moment, I'm transitioning towards more dex base.

The worst class is Pure dexer, due to the desync issues in melee. We've yet to see someone with 125 dex/str and an artifact weapon.

Spiritualism isn't the problem it's mage. Mage has no stun, or wrestling equivalent. They are adding both . Spiritualism is like tamer/mage combined, used for soloing and has a wide use of pets. A lot of the pets suck, a few are really good. The lizard spirits are good, but the reason they're nice in PVE is because how mob AI works. The problem is, you get everything nice tank, nice damage, and pets. Hybrids are always hard to balance. Also, nobody has realized a crucial item that you can use that completely counters my build, i'll give you a hint. Dispel wand with capped resists. You can literally tank all of my damage and dispel my pets, lol.

• Nerf nether oath a tad . Should be 20% resists.

• Buff griffon pet, goblin suicide pet, warrior pet.

• Increase spirit cost/shorten duration on lizard spirit. Damage isn't the issue.

• Leave mage spirit the same, give wizard an ability that can land the same thing

• Increase dura of cripple

• Give crossbow a cripple

• Give mage touch of palsy or w/e it's called. Eth damage fast cast melee range, lots of DPS. Can interrupt target.

• Give mage a spike that combos with delayed blast, and buff delayed blast

• Increase disarm duration, decrease bleed dura, increase tick damage.

• Change resists on some artifacts. Nerf them a lil.

@zycor I'm one with full dex/str with an artifact.

except i very rarely pvp and my artifact is really useful in killing cows.

lol.

• @zycor said:

@Rolex

I would still rock you as a dexer or a pure mage. It's not the class it's the player behind it. I've only fought one person that was actually good while in beta. I'm not even pvp spec at the moment, I'm transitioning towards more dex base.

The worst class is Pure dexer, due to the desync issues in melee. We've yet to see someone with 125 dex/str and an artifact weapon.

Spiritualism isn't the problem it's mage. Mage has no stun, or wrestling equivalent. They are adding both . Spiritualism is like tamer/mage combined, used for soloing and has a wide use of pets. A lot of the pets suck, a few are really good. The lizard spirits are good, but the reason they're nice in PVE is because how mob AI works. The problem is, you get everything nice tank, nice damage, and pets. Hybrids are always hard to balance. Also, nobody has realized a crucial item that you can use that completely counters my build, i'll give you a hint. Dispel wand with capped resists. You can literally tank all of my damage and dispel my pets, lol.

• Nerf nether oath a tad . Should be 20% resists.

• Buff griffon pet, goblin suicide pet, warrior pet.

• Increase spirit cost/shorten duration on lizard spirit. Damage isn't the issue.

• Leave mage spirit the same, give wizard an ability that can land the same thing

• Increase dura of cripple

• Give crossbow a cripple

• Give mage touch of palsy or w/e it's called. Eth damage fast cast melee range, lots of DPS. Can interrupt target.

• Give mage a spike that combos with delayed blast, and buff delayed blast

• Increase disarm duration, decrease bleed dura, increase tick damage.

• Change resists on some artifacts. Nerf them a lil.

I completely agree with everything you say about some of your points about Spiritualism currently. Right now (which I'm pretty sure is the case because of: -Desync, -Mages having few CC, -Few people using decent items yet) Spiritualism is literally NEEDED whether you're melee or mage, otherwise you just kinda suck and can't really solo much at all.

I also disagree with your opinion on the Lizard spirits, I think damage is the only issue. It feels like they were put in the game to block mobs and regen stamina, but they're the #1 goto damage pet it seems. I've had a go doing what I've seen you do in PvP, which is stunning someone and spawning 5 lizards on their head and it's just.. Yuck. I don't think that was the devs intention of how they should be used to be honest, not to mention the extremely low skill-floor in comparison to its effectiveness just doesn't add up.

Additionally, if desync wasn't present an increase in the duration of Cripple wouldn't be needed.
    Right now, yeah that would be good but we should be thinking about the future of the game when hopefully this issue will be fixed.

@Dizmex

The lizards are the only good ranged pet, the griffon is the other choice and it's broken. Technically speaking 2 griffons should do more damage than 5 lizards. I think what makes them good is the fact you can spam them, making them cost more and live a shorter life will really make you think about how using them, maybe lower it from 4 to 5. Individually they don't do much damage but with all 5 they are amazing. Also, they do pierce damage which most people have armor holes with so keep that in mind.

A good way to fight someone with lizard spam is to run away and force them to come to you and resummon. The lizards are really deadly when someone RUNS into you. I always try to bait people into that and they fall for it all the time.

Most people can't do what I do because I have 120 STR and 120 INT. Also I stack PSI regen and reduction, so instead. So I'm full on specced for spiritualism. I think the problem is I'm really tanky, esp

• Had a blast saw a lot of you in game "IGN: Felnight"

@zycor I was going for full dexer leveling severing and mauling had 125 str and 125 dex just never had enough time to max anything, just started playing like 3 days ago when I was sent a beta key.

Anyways I look forward to further testing the game and eventually joining a guild at the start of next Beta this game offers exactly what I've been looking for ^-^

Cheers see you all in October
    Felnight

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.