Questions about Housing and realms in general

• Hello,
    sorry if this info is already posted somewhere, but I couldn't seem to find it at all
    I was curious if anyone could please explain how housing works in Linkrealms. I read that you can "own a realm and customize it" but..
    1.) How do you come into ownership of a realm? Is it paid for with in-game cash?
    2.) Do you control an entire realm, or just the portion you "claimed"?
    2.a) Supposing it's the full realm, are you able to modify all of it? Couldn't that lead to issues (such as blocking off paths to other realms)?
    3.) Is the realm I own actually part of the "world map" (like how it was in UO) or is it some "separate" realm that I have to teleport to?

In general, could someone please give me a detailed breakdown of housing in this game? You dont have to stick specifically to those questions, I'm just looking to gain some insight as to how it works.

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

1. It is paid with r/l $. IF it wasnt all realms would be full immediately :)
    2. You control the portion "claimed" which is a significant portion of the realm but notthe entire realm which leads me to 2a. You cant block off paths etc. There is always a portion of a realm other ppl can enter but your portion can be blocked off so nobody else can access it if you wish.
    3. Yes it is part of the world map. There are no instances in LR.

If you played UO when customized housing was input think of it that way. You get a plot of land, you build on it with tons of different customization like walls with different skins. You can make castles, open areas to just harvest, have spawners that give u simple monsters or cows etc.

Look at these links they are part of a 2 part linkrealms masterpiece series that showcases 2 cool player made realms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCmxbeRk5qI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zrghRGKfRM

• Awesome, thanks for the reply and the links!

"It is paid with r/l $. IF it wasnt all realms would be full immediately :)"

This is incorrect. You can pay real life money which is I believe $10.00 or you can buy it for in game Argents (15k argents). You buy it from the banker. Wether you buy it for irl cash or in game currency it is 30 days but you can add 30 days on top up to as much as you like.

When the game goes live you will not be able to buy stakes from the banker for argents. Or maybe sooner. A dev would have to confirm how lng that will last

• @Clavicus said:

When the game goes live you will not be able to buy stakes from the banker for argents. Or maybe sooner. A dev would have to confirm how lng that will last

As of today's plans, you will be able to buy Claim Stakes for Argents also live :)

Can one player have multiple claim stakes tho?

@Prometheus I hope that changes to like it was before. There needs to be a reason to use the item shop on a semi regular basis for the longevity of the game besides fluff items. The game is f2p as is with 0 restrictions which is rare. I want this game to succeed as much as anyone and Ive played a long time (not as long as some) and am excited about the renewed development of the game. If anything the in game claim stakes need another 0 added onto the cost. It's 15k? Make it 100k or 150k. Even then its still extremely affordable for anyone that knows how to make money. When Mythn comes back up the real Clavicus Vile will never have to pay for a realm w rl $ again as is :) Id also like to see some new fluff items added to the shop. I know you guys are extremely focused on development but when you patch throw ppl like me a bone and add a cool new staff model or something so i can spend some $ :)

• The only reason to use the item shop must be to support the devs imo. Otherwise the game goes p2w.

I think it's good the way it is now. There are PLENTY of realms and there are also plenty of other items that can be purchased with irl money only. If anything maybe a boost in price on realms but I don't think this is the right place to discuss that. Maybe make a new thread under suggestions.

• Have bank claims be limited to certain areas, some slums somewhere, and cash shop claims can be placed anywhere. Maybe the slums have bad ground that limits how much you can plant, or unremovable obstacles you have to build around.

That way all players can experience realm ownership.

I would really like a tutorial on Youtube how to make things on your realm. I did play a little with the realm editor, but couldn't really get it to work like i wanted it to. I think it would help alot, not only for me, but for everyone else who might have a hard time using the realm building program. So please someone make a video or videos explaining how to use the realm editor.

• I was really looking forward to this game. The "all the land would be used up if it wasnt cashshop" is bullcrap. In Ultima Online you just bought house deeds with gold or traded with other players and they NEVER ran out of space. This aspect has me pretty disapointed.

Reminds me of ArcheAge. That game coulda been really really really good with the player housing but they made the housing subscription after claiming to be f2p and really messed their own game up.

Just look at League of Legends if you set up the vanity items and make them cool enough you can still make money.

Now im kinda skeptical.

• @dirtpoor said:

I was really looking forward to this game. The "all the land would be used up if it wasnt cashshop" is bullcrap. In Ultima Online you just bought house deeds with gold or traded with other players and they NEVER ran out of space. This aspect has me pretty disapointed.

Reminds me of ArcheAge. That game coulda been really really really good with the player housing but they made the housing subscription after claiming to be f2p and really messed their own game up.

Just look at League of Legends if you set up the vanity items and make them cool enough you can still make money.

Now im kinda skeptical.

First off, if you read the whole thread you'd see you can claim land with 15k in-game for 30 days, totally unrestricted. You can make 15k in about 2 hours btw. Don't cry before you read.

ArcheAge wasn't fucked up because they wanted everyone to buy subscription, that would of been fine. They wanted everyone to BUY EVERYTHING. "LET US PUT OUR DICKS IN YOUR WALLETS" is what Trion are saying via that games business model.

• Hi @dirtpoor , as someone stated above, you can also buy a Claim Stake to own a Realm with soft currency from any Banker NPC - you don't have to spend real money for it :)

• Oh thats pretty cool. I hope they have a reduced price one for little tiny houses and small huts. So someone can buy cheap land someone in an important place and put a little teleporter in their hut that goes to their main houses.

• Or guilds could have strategic huts in enemy territory to hide and heal in. But enemy can still aoe near walls right?? :D or no? I havent played the game. Like earthquake spell, chain lightning, or firewall.

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.