Transitioning from Beta to Live

• FOUNDER: BARON

I've read through other topics and it looks as if your characters from beta will transition over to live servers once it officially launches, correct? If so, does that mean characters from hardcore go to the live hardcore server and so on?

I plan to mainly play on the PvE server that's planned for the following beta phase; will we be able to transfer our characters from the hardcore server once the PvE server arrives (prior to release)?

I know a lot of issues could stem from this such as transferring of players land etc, but I'd just like to know if it's a possibility.

Thanks in advance!

• "No, it isn’t, neither for free nor as a premium service. Characters created on a server stay on that server. This is not a technical limitation, but an intentional choice. We think of different servers as unique experiences, and the possibility of building up a character on a PvE world just to move it to an Open PvP one would greatly damage the overall experience of the hardcore server." - www.linkrealms.com FAQ

• FOUNDER: BARON

I read that but was unsure whether that just applied to the testing phases of the game as opposed to when it goes live, thanks for your help though.

• @Malkioni said:

I read that but was unsure whether that just applied to the testing phases of the game as opposed to when it goes live, thanks for your help though.

Hi Malkioni, what @The-Wizard said is correct, transfers between servers with different ruleset will not be possible, sorry!

• FOUNDER: SETTLER

I fully understand the concept (like it used to be in UO, transfer between PvP and PvE server was not possible).
    I am also mostly a PvE player, despite i don't dislike PvP, I like to focus on merchant activities, trading and such.
    AFAIK the beta server will be only PvP ruleset only - since everyone will play on it, it would be kind from devs if they will allow the character to "move" (one-time-shift-operation-only) to PvE server when they will be available.. :)

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.