Please tell me, this is a over-sight

• I will start this by saying; I enjoy Linkrealms as it brings back UO nostalgia among'st other things. I can see it doing quite well. Now If I may have missed something some where, please forgive me. This is from my personal experience and from what I have seen, others.

I find it odd that you can buy ever weapon but Staves. Literally, I broke my Stave, and spent the next 6 hours in game trying to figure out how to get another one. To the point I logged off for the night. People said you could get them out of chest. Okay, used up all my starter lock picks, founds swords, 2 handers and everything in between, but no staves. Then, by chance I found the Caster Skele in the Catacombs, and instantly thought; He HAS to have a Staff! So I proceeded to try and kill him as a caster w/o any ability to cast. I died horribly.

I spent then next 4 hours or so leveling up STR and Melee so I could kill the Caster to get a Stave so I could be a caster. You see how stupid this sounds? I got my staves, however only through playing away I didn't want to play and cheesing the Caster as much as possible, just so I could PLAY the game the way way I wanted too.

I sincerely hope that the mages are supposed to sell staves and this is a slight over-sight. Thanks for the great game. Keep up the good work guys!

• I actually agree with everything you reported on that topic, before all this trouble I gave up to be a wizard, was the difficulty of leveling magic using the essences, but not going into this merit for now ...
    At first I think it's not possible you level up just a specialty, and in the end decided to be a warrior / spiritualist

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

Ah the joys of wanting to be a sorcerer. Crystall staffs are actually sold by mages. In linkrealms a vendors items it sells will change so there is a possibility that none of the mages will be selling a staff. I can tell you that you can get pretty decent staffs from the cricket lord (boss of the cricket dungeon which is in the safe area) He generally drops 1 or 2 low dura staffs (25 to 40 range) and they can have good enhancements on them. You can also kill stone golems at stone abyss. Here is a guide. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmzZ-m83bkc
    Lastly if you go to ravenfeast (the other safe village) and go to the graveyard you can kill skeletal priestesses and they drop a good amount of argents 120ish and can drop staffs with respectable dura 60ish or so.

Also take note that stone abyss is pvp and skeletal priestesses hurt (they are spell casters with good hp) The cricket lord also does decent damage but doesnt have a ton of hp.

• Hey thanks for the reply's! I did not know about the other Mobs to get the staves off of actually. However, I don't think I have ever seen the Crickit lord actually up. I assume he spawns in that back room? If so, he is always dead when I go in. Even so, just seems very silly to me. It would be like the Blacksmith selling you the head to your hammer, but no handle. (The mages kind of do too! With Elements) So far being a "Mage" cost more, feels like it's damage is sup-par compared to Melee so the investment is already much higher I think. (I'm saying early levels, when I'm casting Bolts of Air for like 4-7, pick up a 2 hander and it for 15-21.) :)

Sorcerer at low levels is very underwhelming. On the higher end of the spectrum they are fun in pvp and great at killing mobs with spells like meteor strike. I would recommend you pick up a weapon skill like mauling or severing at least for the time being until you have high sorcery if you aren't opposed to that. You can use it to make money to work on your sorcery then when you are at a higher level can switch over to spell casting as your primary means of killing mobs. Warriors are A LOT better than they use to be with the addition of spiritualism and sorcerers have been hit with the nerf bat pretty hard.

As for the cricket lord the dungeon is a phase dungeon. You first have to kill insects (a lot maybe 100?) until the next wave spawns of mushrooms. Kill them until more weird mushroom guys spawn in the middle. Defeat all but 2 of those and the cricket lord spawns. Good luck. The bug dungeon is my personal favorite dungeon even tho its technically a newbie dungeon. :)

• Lol thanks for the info. Well in my struggle to find a Staff I managed to get my STR to 74 and Mauling to 40 so yeah, was already there. And I tend to use Spiritualism a lot anywho. Thanks for being helpful, always a nice thing to see.

• One other question, you may or may not know. Off topic of course; Do your main stats ever drop, is there a way to let them fall off? For instance; in real life, if you don't work out after awhile, you get flabby. So if I don't "work out" in game, will my STR decrease? I have it locked right now, as I don't want it getting higher.

• @Rhizzae @Royboss @Clavicus from next restart ( 11 hours from now) there will be plenty of crystal staffs sold by Wizard NPCs, and more Buffing Wheels and Blank Maps as well. Moreover, Crystal Staffs will have the same average durability and maximum essence storing of regular staffs dropped by monsters. Sorry for the terrible setup!

(and nope, your stats and skills won't decrease by themselves)

• @Clavicus

@Clavicus said:

Ah the joys of wanting to be a sorcerer. Crystall staffs are actually sold by mages. In linkrealms a vendors items it sells will change so there is a possibility that none of the mages will be selling a staff. I can tell you that you can get pretty decent staffs from the cricket lord (boss of the cricket dungeon which is in the safe area) He generally drops 1 or 2 low dura staffs (25 to 40 range) and they can have good enhancements on them. You can also kill stone golems at stone abyss. Here is a guide. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmzZ-m83bkc
    Lastly if you go to ravenfeast (the other safe village) and go to the graveyard you can kill skeletal priestesses and they drop a good amount of argents 120ish and can drop staffs with respectable dura 60ish or so.

If it wasnt for this post i would have continued to try and find random staffs in the bank from players dropping them haha. tysm

• quick question: i bought 3 crystal staffs from a mage and they have 0/0 durability how do i fix that?

@mrari just load esences on them and they wil have dura

• Even training staffs?

No if you have a staff that drops to 0 dura from use you habve to use a crystal buffing wheel to repair its dura. When you buy a crystall staff for soem reason it initially reads as 0 dura but if u load 1 essence the dura changes.

• @Clavicus said:

No if you have a staff that drops to 0 dura from use you habve to use a crystal buffing wheel to repair its dura. When you buy a crystall staff for soem reason it initially reads as 0 dura but if u load 1 essence the dura changes.

where is the buffering wheel?

• Hey Prometheus, thanks for the answer! It seemed so odd to me. Thanks for taking the time to get back to me over this minor thing in the grand scheme of all that is gaming glory.

• @Prometheus said:

@Rhizzae @Royboss @Clavicus from next restart ( 11 hours from now) there will be plenty of crystal staffs sold by Wizard NPCs, and more Buffing Wheels and Blank Maps as well. Moreover, Crystal Staffs will have the same average durability and maximum essence storing of regular staffs dropped by monsters. Sorry for the terrible setup!

(and nope, your stats and skills won't decrease by themselves)

So I was rummaging through the forums looking for a way to delete my character and start fresh, as I've invested more in STR (due to the stave issue, then I'd like have to.) and would honestly like to start fresh. I noticed in an old thread you mentioned that the option would be there a long with multiple characters but that you could also delete characters. Would you be able to do that for me? Characters name is Rhizzae Cathedra. (was supposed to be Cathedral but seems I was limited and didn't notice lol) Would be great if I could hear back from ya, as this whole thing has me feeling disconnect from my character. :D thanks bunches! (Regardless of the answer)

@mrari You can purchase this at a mage

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.