August 29th Closed Beta - FAQ

• -- Please Read --

There have been troubles with emails containing beta keys ending up in Spam / Junk folders, particularly the ones sent to accounts by date of subscription. If you have received no key yet, check out your Spam / Junk folders, and set noreply@linkrealms.com and admin@linkrealms.com as trusted senders!

-- Thank You --

Hi everyone,

here’s a short post for you with the most important information you need to know about the next testing phase of Linkrealms – the Summer (Closed) Beta!

When will the test start exactly?

The closed beta will start on August the 29th, 2015, at 9pm CET (3pm EDT / 4pm BRT).

How long will the test run for?

The test will run for 2 weeks. Additional time can be added if deemed necessary by the development team.

I have a beta key, how do I verify it?

Just visit this page and insert your account credentials and your key to claim it. That will allow you access to the test. If you still don't have a game account, you can create one on this page any time.

I'm an old player, do I need a beta key?

If you have played Linkrealms in the past (before July 2015) you will be able to login when the Summer Beta starts without the need to verify a beta key.

I don't have a key, will I get it?

A few hundreds of keys will be sent out to accounts created after the launch of our Steam Greenlight campaign, starting from the oldest ones, soon before the start of the Summer Beta.

If your account wasn’t eligible to obtain a key, don’t give up hope! Check out this page , help us spread the news about Linkrealms and you will get your key! Moreover, key giveaways will be run on our social pages (Facebook, Twitter and our forums) and gaming news portals. Last but not least, if you are a streamer and/or youtuber who wants to cover Linkrealms, just write an email to contact@linkrealms.com to ask for a key.

How do I download the client?

If you have access to the game (either through a beta key or as an old player), a link to download the client will be sent to your email a few days before August 29th (probably the 1-2 days before).

Will the game server be wiped / reset after the Summer Closed Beta?

Our plan is not to wipe the server, meaning that when the next Beta Test is launched, you'll be able to start where you left in the end of the Summer Beta. Because of this, you'll be also able to buy credits and claim stakes from the item shops. However, please mind that the game is in a testing stage, and rollbacks or even a full server wipe might be required in case of serious game bugs or drastic gameplay changes.

In the unlikely event a server reset takes place, all the credits and the claim stakes you have bought with real money in the game store (also those already spent!) will be automatically given back to you after the reset.

Is there a NDA? Can I stream/make videos of Linkrealms?

There is no NDA. You are free to stream the game, upload videos, images, blog posts, and show / discuss Linkrealms every way you like!

Can I pay for a key?

We will soon release our Founder Packages, that will allow you to support the development of Linkrealms and will always include a key to play (even the cheapest ones!).

How many servers will be active during the test? With what ruleset?

Our aim for the Summer End Test is to open only one server. The ruleset (open pvp + full loot or pve) will be decided according to the wishes of the community. Have a look here and make your choice!

• Awesome I can't wait! Hope I get to play soon!

• This game looks to be shaping up! I actually beta tested UO, and hope to be doing the same for this great looking spiritual successor!

• Are all old caracters gona be wiped if yes are we gona get eny compesation for all the money spent?

• @Gorstak said:

Are all old caracters gona be wiped if yes are we gona get eny compesation for all the money spent?

Hi Gorstak, are you referring to characters in the current test server (Mythyn), or characters in the new world? If you are referring to Mythyn, don't worry: if we decide to close the server and open a new one with the same ruleset (PvE) you'll find in your bank all the credits and the claim stakes you have bought since the beginning of times, including the ones already used. However, it's also possible we will just replace the world of Mythyn with the new one, so you will lose nothing at all! Either case, you won't lose a cent of what you have spent.

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

If this happens can we get a fair week warning.. due to stuff in our realms and gear

• @Aries said:

If this happens can we get a fair week warning.. due to stuff in our realms and gear

You'll get way more than one week of warning if that happens, don't worry :)

• Hi! i just found out about this game a while ago from mmofront http://www.mmofront.com/linkrealms.html#more-34936

if you dont mind, i would like to ask this question
    Where is the physical location of the server? (im here in KSA and if the server is in EU then i have better ping)

thanks!

• Are you guys going to make any more key giveaways before event starts? the only one i saw on polish websites was 1k keys and they were gone in 20 minutes. Anyway i would like to check the game out , looks awesome , cheers.

• Hi @protosx01, the server is located in North America, but we are planning to open in EU too as soon as there is sufficient demand!

@Grzybas keep an eye on our facebook and twitter pages! Also, mmofront and maybe other portals as well could host giveaways during the next week :)

• @Prometheus thank you for that information. Please count me in when you open a EU Server ^_~ i would love to test and contribute to the EU LinkRealms community.

• @Prometheus thx a lot , went to check mmofront just after reading your reply and what do you know there is a giveaway there :P got my key and i'm w8in for the event, cheers

• Hey. So. Is the game just not playable right now? Did you close up shop in anticipation for the beta event? It seems when I login I get redirected to the forums with no chance to long in to the actual game.

Was hoping to get my prospecting to 100 over the course of this week but if you are all moving stuff around to prepare for that beta I guess I'm outta luck.

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

nAW Comes up sat

• @Dreygen said:

Hey. So. Is the game just not playable right now? Did you close up shop in anticipation for the beta event? It seems when I login I get redirected to the forums with no chance to long in to the actual game.

Indeed, the former Mythyn server has been shut down until the 29th, when it will be (temporarily) replaced by the new Beta server!

• Ah rats.. okay. I don't know if there is a preview of what the Summer Beta will have in it. But I was hoping to get my Prospecting to 100 before Blacksmithing and Mining were released.. I guess I'm just weird like that.

• Hi all,
    I was wondering if we will keep access to future Beta's once we get our Key for this upcoming test?

I saw an FAQ question:

If you have played Linkrealms in the past (before July 2015) you will be able to login when the Summer Beta starts without the need to verify a beta key.

• @Jessíka said:

Hi all,
    I was wondering if we will keep access to future Beta's once we get our Key for this upcoming test?

I saw an FAQ question:

Yes, you will :)

• @Prometheus said:

@Jessíka said:

Hi all,

I saw an FAQ question:

Yes, you will :)

Wonderful, Thank you...I'm getting UO Hotflashes now. HAHA..j/k :)

• Hello, i wanna be beta tester :).

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.