Prospecting

• FOUNDER: SETTLER

In the current game, does it matter where you prospect? Such as near the bank vs 10 screens out of town in a PVP zone?

So far, I found prospecting unable to support itself. YOu can't get enough currency and afford drinks for thirst. Maybe I need a higher level or more knowledge about where to prospect. Maybe it is only 50% implemented, I don't know. Anyone have any info?

• Don't prospect in Towns or peaceful areas, there are less things to find. In particular, what's missing is the chest which comes with the large grub worm.

The only special place to prospect is the place where you need the gas mask, forget what it's called.

All the non combat skills kind of suck.

• Hey there! check out my new tutorial video i just made! and no you can gather dirt from anywhere it does not matter!!

Mrari's Beginners Prospecting tutorial on Youtube

• @Vengeance Hmm ive been prospecting in quite a few places and no matter where ive been even in towns i still find a bunch of things :-)

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

The guano pit is what vengeance is referring to. There are mobs there and a noxious mist which causes you to take periodic damage. The only way to stop the damage from the mist is to have a gas mask which can be obtained as a semi rare item off of trolls. Good luck in your prospecting endeavor!

As someone who tested alot of prospecting on prince test server and prospecting is my main focus on beta server i must say.... Prospecting is not viable for profit!!!!
    You can farm MUCH MUCH more money/skills/stats with just killing mobs...
    I really didnt find much (if any) difference between prospecting in riverbank or in pvp zone.

Chest with grub worm can be find via metal detecting, i found like 6 of these and some chest sux and some was good, but still if you take time vs profit, mob faming just win all the time....

Im now prospecting in guano pit, which isnt bad place, you also get quite alot argents from killing mobs, but still, pure mob farming yield much better money.

TL DR, as someone who is very interested in prospecting/metal detecting i must say in not wort most of the time...

unfortunately prospecting is pretty bad money wise but I do believe prospecting will tie in with the mining skill EVENTUALLY. I honestly am not sure if there are still plans for it and if when mining is being implemented etc.

• Level 61 prospector here <---- the most ive made in a not so time consuming run is just over 500 argents

Yeah, it sux sadly :( i will keep prospecting just for sake of prospecting and try to find rare weapons... Profit is just meh :(

Good luck anyway :)

• MagicWalker, there's only on weapon to be found, which is the Demon Sword in the Guano pit. Not really that rare either. More of an uncommon.

• Prospecting is indeed partially implemented - it will become more useful when Mining is implemented. Anyway, from the next patch Prospecting drop rates will be improved outside of safe areas :)

@Vengeance said:

MagicWalker, there's only on weapon to be found, which is the Demon Sword in the Guano pit. Not really that rare either. More of an uncommon.

oh, then i could do that Gem medal instead :)

@Prometheus said:

Prospecting is indeed partially implemented - it will become more useful when Mining is implemented. Anyway, from the next patch Prospecting drop rates will be improved outside of safe areas :)

Glad to hear that :)

if you happen to find a demon sword ill buy it :)

is there a way to edit a post ive already made lol.... not sure if its specifically called a demon sword

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.