Skill book

• I want to be mage in linkrealms,but i cant inderstand how to learn new spells. I found only 1 spell(healing) . On wiki i found some information about place where i can find new spells(cricket cave for example). But in in cricket cave i cant find any spell book. can some1 explain how to be a mage?

• @Houdey said:

I want to be mage in linkrealms,but i cant inderstand how to learn new spells. I found only 1 spell(healing) . On wiki i found some information about place where i can find new spells(cricket cave for example). But in in cricket cave i cant find any spell book. can some1 explain how to be a mage?

When you equip a staff or wand your spellbook appears on the right under your paperdoll menu. click on that book to open it. then you can see ever spell available. you do not need to pick any up you alreaddy have them. when you level your sorcery new spells will unlock.

• The best thing to do is to go into setting and bind your own hotkeys with spells. my spells are on the 1 2 and 3 keys for quick casting

• @Houdey said:

I want to be mage in linkrealms,but i cant inderstand how to learn new spells. I found only 1 spell(healing) . On wiki i found some information about place where i can find new spells(cricket cave for example). But in in cricket cave i cant find any spell book. can some1 explain how to be a mage?

You no longer need to find spells - you have them all already. Just level up your Sorcery to unlock them! :)

• FOUNDER: SETTLER

Why removing this feature? :) I think it is interesting to find the new spells (or scrolls to learn them)
    Maybe because skills like iscription is not (yet) there?

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

i am also a fan of having to discover the spells but i can also understand why it is being removed. some things are just unnecessarily tedious and i guess this is considered to be one of them.

• FOUNDER: SETTLER

Tedious for programming or for players?
    I don't think it was so tedious in UO, it was really fun to loot scrolls from monsters to learn new spells at lower levels - and at higher levels finding inscribers to get the eleet spells ;) Plus for new players, selling and trading complete spellsbook was a good trading opportunty.

tedious for players and of course its a personal opinion im sure some dont mind, like us.

• Searching for spells was good in theory, but it didn't work in implementation. It was a rather pointless barrier, king of tedious, and confused the hell out of new players. Nobody explored, they got someone who knew to teleport them. Having them all at the start is way better.

• ty all. I found my mistake. In skills i have lock. This lock blocked my skill gaining.

@Kerkyon i agree

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.