Xbows needs a nerf

• Yay folks and lovers of a xbows!

The damage output and the speed of them are insane.

They need a little nerf because they are totally unbaleced in pvp.

Thoughts?

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

I think if you mess with the damage algorithm of the crossbow.. it will open up a can of worms.
    They will have to adjust damage outputs on other weapons to compensate ... which almost brings an entire overhaul

The warrior class in and of itself is strong.
    If you're Pvping an archer... just off screen his attacks... he has to be standing still to shoot.
    It's fairly easy enough to avoid damage, if you position your character accordingly.

And are you talking about a just a normal Xbow.. with Swing speed. and Damage mod increases?
    Late game Bows are really nice.. such as Mechanized.. and. there is a darkling bow that is really strong too.

My favorite is the charged bow
    Found off the boss from the Tartaros dungeon.

I don't think anyone has a group strong enough to run that dungeon yet.

• @confusion said:

I think if you mess with the damage algorithm of the crossbow.. it will open up a can of worms.
    They will have to adjust damage outputs on other weapons to compensate ... which almost brings an entire overhaul

The warrior class in and of itself is strong.
    If you're Pvping an archer... just off screen his attacks... he has to be standing still to shoot.
    It's fairly easy enough to avoid damage, if you position your character accordingly.

And are you talking about a just a normal Xbow.. with Swing speed. and Damage mod increases?
    Late game Bows are really nice.. such as Mechanized.. and. there is a darkling bow that is really strong too.

My favorite is the charged bow
    Found off the boss from the Tartaros dungeon.

I don't think anyone has a group strong enough to run that dungeon yet.

I see.

I didnt test it yet but, you need to be standing to shoot? Like in UO? Hmm...thats change my point of view though.

• I dunno what sorta crossbow this guy was hitting me with but I think it was end game. He was killing me faster than zYcor and i had to run like a bitch. And i had full scale armor.

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

theres a real nice bow as a reward for the newbie quest chain he may have been using that. and from personal experience it can be impossible to run for a marksman if they are using a bow with moving shot (they can run and fire) if they have high agi and u cant get distance ur basically sol

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.