Release 05 - Minor Update (5.2)

• Hi everyone,

This patch implements the new Sorcery spellbook, Guild titles, and a few other minor changes and fixes to game mechanics (teleporting and Stone Abyss).

You can also consider this one as a transition patch while we keep working on the overhaul on Item Generation, Artifacts and Monsters Loot, which is meant to come live in the next patch.

Below is a detail description of the patch.

ADDITIONS

1 - The new Sorcery spellbook is live! The spellbook includes one page for each of the 10 Spheres Of Magic Linkrealms spells are divided in. Spells in the same Sphere require the same minimum Sorcery level to be cast, are mastered at the same Sorcery level, and consume the same amount of mana. This division was already in place, but not obvious in the old spellbook. Each spell now also has its own unique icon and a very detailed description page. Of course, the most detailed information can be still found only on the Sorcery wiki page.

2 - Guild titles have been implemented. Players joining a guild now have the Regular member rank. A Guildmaster can promote any of the members of his guild to the role of Councilman. A Councilman can invite players to join the guild, kick out Regular members, and re-title Regular members. If a Coucilman is promoted again by the Guildmaster, he becomes the new Guildmaster, while the old Guildmaster becomes a Councilman.

3 - We have started replacing some of the oldest, low-definition sprites with new, HD ones. We have started with cultivations, and have already upgraded most of them. You will notice this clearly if you look at the wheat, grapes, melons, and other vegetables in the farms of Riverbank. We will continue with those and move on to other items in each of the next patches.

CHANGES

1 - Entrance to the Cold-Blood Jungle (the 4 Lizzogoth lairs reachable through maps only) and to the Gnome dungeon is no longer based on whether there are players inside of the destination realm or not. Instead, entry is allowed only if the realm is not collapsing - that is, if the Reset timer hasn't started yet. This change has a different effect on the two dungeons.

In the Jungle, the Reset counter starts as soon as any player steps in, which means the place stays raid-free. However, it's no longer possible for a solo player to jump in and out using multiple maps: once you have entered, you have to complete the map, or give up. Also, it's no longer possible for a player to accidentally waste his map entering a Jungle realm that has been already completed by someone else who has left, but hasn't reset yet.

In the Gnome dungeon, the Reset counter starts when the boss has been killed. Therefore, it's possible for players to reach the dungeon while others are running it, unless the latter have completed the dungeon and are running out of it. Hostile raids are thus possible again there, while it's no longer possible to lock players out by leaving an idle character in the dungeon.

2 - It's no longer possible for players to use the Teleport spell, the Go Home button, or enter Portals while attacking another player or while being attacked by another player nearby. This applies to Innocent and Assassin characters alike, and to PvP and Safe realms alike.

3 - All the resistances of Stone Golems in Stone Abyss are now set to 100 if the crystals of the Golems haven't been switched off yet. Once they have been disabled by destroying crystals, all resistances get set to 80, which allows players to damage the Golems very slowly, and reinforces the use of rock slides (that now deal Pure damage) as primary mean to kill such foes.

FIXES

1 - The client no longer crashes when crossing certain types of teleporters while hidden and stealthing.

Let us known what you think and enjoy Linkrealms!

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

@Prometheus Nice transition patch. Very happy that stealthing wont freeze up now. I would like to see with the implementation of the guild titles a way for the guildmaster to be able to title themself. Half of the fun of being in a guild is the guild title. Some guilds like mine (dmg) want all players to have the same title Damage, Inc however if you are the guildmaster you are Guildmaster, Inc which is just lame. I know you guys were opposed to this however a compromise might be give the guildmaster and extra title. It would be like
    Clavicus Vile
    Damage, Inc
    Guildmaster
    or something of that nature. Anyways keep up the good work.

• FOUNDER: DUKE

honestly, after 2 week of silence, this patch its pratically nothing, yes it implement useful things, but i think to speak for the most, we were waiting more......

to enter into specific of the patch:

• Spellbook is really nice now, but i noticed that if i try to cast a spell from spellbook instead macro, it take a long freeze before cast start.
    • Wiki still say that a staff is required to cast spells, it could be good to correct after martial arts implementation
    • Still it's not possible drag spell icons on interface to have a rapid cast (macro still necessary)
    • Ridgeback movement still up, i see no fix about

I wish to remember that july is going to end, and you promised the completation of 4 school of magic (except illusionism)for the end of summer (august to be more clear)
    i hope this will not be delayed :)

• After two weeks of silence, this wasnt what I was expecting.
    Waiting for the next patch because this one changed nothing,
    Hopefully the next patch hit on us before my guild quit. People are already looking toward another game and that worries me since we are 50% of current playerbase.

@Prometheus Thankyou for guild update! Was long time waiting 😁 Also could artifact sword agility fixed please to 50 instead of 80.

Sincerely,
    NWO Guildmaster ongoing
    Trippyk

• @Clavicus we might do that in the future, right now we'll keep moving on with all the other updates needed :)

@Meziljin we've just dropped a hotfix patch for the freeze issue, thanks for reporting it.

@Meziljin @DEAD Yes, we pointed out ourselves this is a small patch. Big updates require some time to be completed. The next patch will be huge!

@trippyk this will be included in the item rework :)

• Were the ID block on items removed?

• @DEAD said in Beta Update - Patch 2.4.4 (07-21-16):

Were the ID block on items removed?

Sorry, we didn't manage to get that in. Will be added to the next patch.

• Cant you just make a hotfix so I can play your game? My artifacts/good gear are 0/50 for like 2 weeks now while the repair items are sitting useless in my bank. I am currently playing with stuff dont even Worth blessing.
    Or give us an ETA of next patch so I can tell everyone in my guild to not uninstall until there.

• @DEAD am I the only one people're still selling credits to? An item repair kit is currently worth 16k argents AKA less than 10 minutes of grinding. Kinda pestering the devs with trivial bullcrap x:

• This trivial bullcrap was promised to get parched two weeks ago and is forcing my guild to stop playing because nome of us want to break our good gear neither run in garbage. U seen the stuff I was using when myhal and you three killed me+sinistru? He dropped my hp in one Thunder because Im in pos random gear that not even worth blessing. Also game tiles were so broken I could not run away even with blink/one screen advantage.

• @DEAD said in Beta Update - Patch 2.4.4 (07-21-16):

This trivial bullcrap was promised to get parched two weeks ago and is forcing my guild to stop playing because nome of us want to break our good gear neither run in garbage. U seen the stuff I was using when myhal and you three killed me+sinistru? He dropped my hp in one Thunder because Im in pos random gear that not even worth blessing. Also game tiles were so broken I could not run away even with blink/one screen advantage.

You are right, we should have included it in the latest patch. We didn't realize it was so urgent since we expected there to be players selling premium items for argents properly with the "gift" functionality, thus we thought you could buy new ones in the meantime since they are sold for very low argent prices.

We'll remove the account bound limits in a server-side hotfix at server restart on Monday morning.

About the broken tiles, are you still talking of being blocked by invisible objects in the Oak (Green) Forest around Riverbank?

@Prometheus said in Beta Update - Patch 2.4.4 (07-21-16):

@DEAD said in Beta Update - Patch 2.4.4 (07-21-16):

This trivial bullcrap was promised to get parched two weeks ago and is forcing my guild to stop playing because nome of us want to break our good gear neither run in garbage. U seen the stuff I was using when myhal and you three killed me+sinistru? He dropped my hp in one Thunder because Im in pos random gear that not even worth blessing. Also game tiles were so broken I could not run away even with blink/one screen advantage.

You are right, we should have included it in the latest patch. We didn't realize it was so urgent since we expected there to be players selling premium items for argents properly with the "gift" functionality, thus we thought you could buy new ones in the meantime since they are sold for very low argent prices.

We'll remove the account bound limits in a server-side hotfix at server restart on Monday morning.

About the broken tiles, are you still talking of being blocked by invisible objects in the Oak (Green) Forest around Riverbank?

Honestly, really honestly, game is half broken-half mutilated, new players not come due to a several issue linked to lack of contents, holya problems, bad economic policy etc, and u answer to a whiner that cannot repair his "precious" items, menacing to leave the game?
    i appreciate your duty about players and their issues, but there is a limit to all:
    WE NEED TO REPOPULATE SERVER, and one of the main problem are the old ones, who get all they want......

• @Meziljin said in Beta Update - Patch 2.4.4 (07-21-16):

Honestly, really honestly, game is half broken-half mutilated, new players not come due to a several issue linked to lack of contents, holya problems, bad economic policy etc, and u answer to a whiner that cannot repair his "precious" items, menacing to leave the game?
    i appreciate your duty about players and their issues, but there is a limit to all:
    WE NEED TO REPOPULATE SERVER, and one of the main problem are the old ones, who get all they want......

The fact "new players don't come" is related to low visibility of the game on the press and on Steam, no marketing, and wrong pricing. Aside from the latter, we are laying low on purpose until we fix our biggest issues with item and loot balancing that you've mentioned (which affect retention - the fact new players don't stay). After that, we will push new players in and try to get the visibility we need to get the population back up where it should be.

Fixing small issues for current players doesn't take away much time and it's something we have always done on the side while we solve larger issues and implement big features. Rebalancing a whole game economy is not something that can be done in 1 week sadly, with or without small fixes on the side... But it's coming in the next patch!

@Prometheus Exactly. Take your time. Get this overhaul done right. No reason in wasting resources bringing new players in when the same issues have been bothering new and old players alike.

Oh and I really think scouting (of dungeons) is something you guys should really think on. The entire player base agrees its an issue even the people that use it extensively and it has been a very negative factor in driving players away.

@Prometheus Log out alive or dead players after 5 minutes or send them to town.

Not just ghost scouts but multiple stealth characters that are afk and stealthing.

@Meziljin said in Beta Update - Patch 2.4.4 (07-21-16):

The fact "new players don't come" is related to low visibility of the game on the press and on Steam, no marketing, and wrong pricing. Aside from the latter, we are laying low on purpose until we fix our biggest issues with item and loot balancing that you've mentioned (which affect retention - the fact new players don't stay). After that, we will push new players in and try to get the visibility we need to get the population back up where it should be.

Fixing small issues for current players doesn't take away much time and it's something we have always done on the side while we solve larger issues and implement big features. Rebalancing a whole game economy is not something that can be done in 1 week sadly, with or without small fixes on the side... But it's coming in the next patch!

my point was that its absurd a lot of people, when new patch come out, focus only on personal issue if are resolved or not, seems like most of server players play a single player sandbox....

anyway i'm not so sure its only a visibility problem, there are titles on market similar to this free to play and more complex, hard to compete on same field

• @trippyk even without any scripting I can think of 10 workarounds to this, even though it's so invasive it'd hurt regular players. I'd just like to remind you that Prom/Urial aren't dumb, and they've spent a lot of time on this project. They want it to succeed more than you or I, and I'm completely positive they know how poopy scouting is.

When the exorcism patch went live I was super excited to see how they they fixed ghosting/scouting, because I absolutely could not think of a way to do so that wasn't unreasonably invasive/didn't require time-expensive moderation. Once the specifics were announced it was very clear it wasn't a fix, they knew it, I knew it, everybody with any semblance of game knowledge knew it. I haven't ghosted since, and it's punished to some very minor degree due to its admittedly minimal, but still occasionally noticeable invasiveness.

What I'm trying to get at is they wasted time/money to make the game slightly worse, I suspect knowingly, even if the difference is so minimal that most wouldn't call it 'worse'. They did this just to seem like they were doing something about it to quell the upsetti masses who didn't realize there's no reasonable way to stop it without being incredibly invasive. With this in mind, please don't start another large discussion about ghosting/scouting that starts with the premise it has an easy fix. It doesn't, and people believing so has already caused damage.

• @Moderators
    my game after the update is locking when making potions and spells loose

@Prometheus I privately messaged you about my realm but no response from you. I know you might be busy but have you found anything yet?.

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.