New Versioning System

• Hi everyone,

this is a bit of a technical post to describe to you how we have decided to rework the versioning system of Linkrealms.

We have split the types of updates we deploy in three categories, according to their size, frequency, and importance for the userbase.

While doing it, we have also renamed existing patches since our Early Access launch to be consistent (as best as we could) with this new system.

We will do our best to stick to the schedule described below to let you enjoy a game development process which is as transparent, predictable and community-driven as possible.

Release

A Release is a large, game-changing patch that includes one or more of the following:

• The introduction of a new game system / mechanic.
    • The fully-functional implementation of one or more new skills.
    • A large-scale rework / rebalancing of a game system / mechanic.
    • The introduction of a new world area / group of dungeons.
    • A significant technology upgrade.

Releases usually include minor changes to existing systems and bug fixes as well, but not necessarily.

A new Release is meant to take place every 1-2 months on average.

The content of the next Release in line is always described in a forum post in advance and discussed with the community. Alternatively, the content of multiple Releases can be discussed in a single Development Roadmap.

The content of a Release can be added to the Test Server before it's implemented on public servers so that Prince Founders can pre-test it. This allows us to weed out bugs and improve balancing.

A release can and is often associated to a Newsletter.

Minor Update

A Minor Update is a smaller patch that includes several bug fixes and changes / additions to existing systems.

A new Minor Update is meant to take place every 1-2 weeks on average.

Hotfix Patch

A Hotfix Patch is an update deployed to solve one or more specific urgent issues. Such issues are usually accidentally introduced in the previous Release or Minor Update.

There is no schedule for the release of Hotfix Patches. They are deployed any time it's needed, even multiple times per week in extreme (hopefully rare!) cases.

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

I would recommend opening the test server to all as opposed to only prince founders as you would want as much testing as possible and now that the game is released(open full time) finding people to just test to test will be more difficult.

• For start i should recommend to put in the credit store a box that contains random artifacts and other with random armors, we need more artifact equips that can use to different builds, the point is that to get pro items its very risky, more with a guy putting spies everywhere, then when people get the items they want, after wasting tons of hours in game, someone comes to kill them and they lose the items, so alot of them quit the game. then we need a second safetly way to get the items, to gain more hopes to play this game.

Also we need a good build about spiritualism and psi to use the psi sword etc.

Also we need enchanced weapons, enhance stones etc. to upgrade our actual weapons to +1, +2, +3 etc. maybe give them a
    brightness.

The Argents in game are very high, i have 650,000 Argents in store and i cant buy anything that i want/need they keep growing... even wasting in drinks, arrows, house rent (claim stake) they never go down. You should put a better utility to waste Argents.

Also Warrior need to be more useful

Excuse my bad english. hope i can give more ideas.

Someone to find out what's wrong with my realm would be nice :) or just give the items would work too just saying

@Clavicus I believe the test server should be just for the Prince Founders simply because it shows we REALLY do want this game to succeed and move forward we've paid a pretty penny to support the team it's only fair that they give us exclusives like that.. Therefore I disagree with making the test server for everyone.

• FOUNDER: DUKE

@vorgoth333 said in New Versioning System:

For start i should recommend to put in the credit store a box that contains random artifacts and other with random armors, we need more artifact equips that can use to different builds, the point is that to get pro items its very risky, more with a guy putting spies everywhere, then when people get the items they want, after wasting tons of hours in game, someone comes to kill them and they lose the items, so alot of them quit the game. then we need a second safetly way to get the items, to gain more hopes to play this game.

omg u said really that?

• @Meziljin you don't understand, it'll make the game more balanced because of spies. I'd recommend they sell max level characters, damage boosts, HP boosts, speed boosts, premium healing items etc too. Then people will be able to defend themselves.

@Holya i hope it was irony....

• @Meziljin http://crystalsaga.wikia.com/wiki/Wings
    Any game without cash shop wings that provide 90% of your character's stats is shit, just sayin'.

Holya useless u link me some mmorpg , i know about all of them, played about 90 mmorpg in the last 10 years...

With this community, this game have no way to come out darkness.
    All toxic players, most of children whiner, another great part nostalgic ultima online players, others are casual players brought here from friends, NOONE of you have a true interest about game future, just personal interest and no care for the rest...

Worst part are the princes, who should bring the game on with staff developer, but they probably are only full wallet with no real interest...

All in this game require real money to be played, even if u are a casual player, so actually i prefer enjoy other games for free, even more funny...

• @Meziljin He's being sarcastic

@Myhal me not

@Aries said in New Versioning System:

Someone to find out what's wrong with my realm would be nice :) or just give the items would work too just saying

Still no response either way.. tells you how much they care right :)

Hey @Aries,

We have not forgotten about this issue and we are still looking for ways in which we can restore the realm items lost on the PvE servers. Rest assure that we will sort this out eventually, right now it's doesn't look like an easy fix so it will take time. You have been added to our task list along with this issue so it will get taken care of it's just a matter of time so hang in there, we haven't forgotten about you!

As for us just refunding you the items, the problem with that is we did not have item tracking at that time so we cannot verify which items were lost. Regardless, we will come up with a solution and let you know.

Best,
    GM Pain

@Pain said in New Versioning System:

Hey @Aries,

We have not forgotten about this issue and we are still looking for ways in which we can restore the realm items lost on the PvE servers. Rest assure that we will sort this out eventually, right now it's doesn't look like an easy fix so it will take time. You have been added to our task list along with this issue so it will get taken care of it's just a matter of time so hang in there, we haven't forgotten about you!

As for us just refunding you the items, the problem with that is we did not have item tracking at that time so we cannot verify which items were lost. Regardless, we will come up with a solution and let you know.

Best,
    GM Pain

I know it's a pain in the ass. I already started collecting the items that was lost only main concern is the 3 portals I bought from the store the rest is just mainly seeds and a bird inspector. The bird inspector not a big deal

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.