Release 06 - Item Generation Overhaul

• Hi everyone,

this patch implements the much awaited item generation overhaul. This rework is so extensive that it's impossible to explain it in full in a few lines, but we will nonetheless try to summarize its main points in here.

A word of warning: the Item Generation Overhaul can be only understood by playing the game and experimenting - a lot. Everything you used to know about materials, armor sets, modifiers min/max and intensity, has been changed deeply. Understanding all its sides will take a while, and it's likely all of you will want to get yourselves an entirely new equipment, even tho all the changes are retroactive (that is, existing items have been modified to be consistent with the new system).

Below is a detail description of the patch.

THE ITEM GENERATION OVERHAUL

1 - The number and intensity of modifiers given by all crafting materials have been changed radically. Cloth materials now give plenty of modifiers (for instance, up to 6 with maximum intensity pushed 50% above the regular cap for Enchanted Cloth!), while Leather materials provide way more resistances (particularly Physical ones) but fewer modifiers.

2 - The equip slot of an item no longer influences its resistances - that is, a pair of Gloves of the Medium Leather set crafted in Sturdy Leather has the same resistances of a pair of Pants of the Medium Leather set crafted in Sturdy Leather.

3 - The concepts of Fame Bonus and Fame Malus for Materials have been introduced. Some materials (particularly all the ones belonging to the Cloth set) now give an inner Fame bonus to the item when it's crafted / generated in loot. This change, combined with Point 1, gives a whole new reason to exist to Cloth items! On the other hand, some sets (note: sets, not materials!) now reduce the Fame the item is generated with. Currently the only set that has a Fame malus is Medium Leather.

4 - Magical resistances can now be rolled as modifiers (they are no longer fixed depending on the material). This includes Ethereal resistance.

5 - Skill bonuses can now be rolled as modifiers (they are no longer unique to artifacts, although on normal items they are limited to 1 per item and with a much lower intensity).

6 - There is no more difference between the Studded Leather and Scale Leather sets - they have been unified into the Medium Leather Armor set, while Hard Leather has been renamed to Light Leather Armor.

7 - The Inner Torso equip slot (below the Chest armor) is no longer used (like socks, underwear, etc). All the items dressed on that slot have lost their properties and resistances, and new ones are generated without properties. The two artifacts that used to belong to that slot (Hauberk Of Endurance and Enchanted Undervest) have been turned into Capes.

8 - Almost all the Artifacts of the game have been revamped! Most of them are conceptually similar to how they used to be, but have been made more powerful and with reduced randomness. This was largely possible thanks to the new properties (Skill Bonus and Slayer) introduced recently. Also, a few artifact which used to be useless for all builds have now been made radically different, with an eye on Mages.

9 - The name of equipment items can now be displayed in 4 different colors, according to the Level of the item. The Level of an item is an already working hidden property that depends on the number and intensity of modifiers existing on the item compared to the maximum possible for that item. This property has always been used to determine whether an item can be blessed with a Common, Uncommon or Rare Bless Scroll. From this patch, items that can be blessed with a Common Bless Scroll retain their Yellow name. Items that can require an Uncommon Bless Scroll now have a Green name, while the ones requiring a Rare Bless Scroll have a Blue name. Rare items which are also Artifacts have an Orange name instead.

10 - The Superior Quality modifier, which makes a piece of equipment lose durability more slowly when used/hit, is now visible on the item together with the other modifiers. Before the patch, it was already present and working, but hidden.

11 - The weight of all equip items and several other items has been changed radically. There is now a great difference between a Cloth and a Leather piece, or a Sword and a Hammer. The formula of carry weight has also been changed from (50 + STR) to (50 + STR * 2). Please mind the increase of weight is higher than the increase in the formula, so weight is something to be managed more carefully now!

12 - Sorcery Impairment has been renamed to Armor Impairment and now also affects the Swing Speed of the player. It ranges from 0 (when dressing only Cloth items) to 100 points (when dressing a full set of the upcoming Plate Armor). At 100 points, it reduces attack speed by 50% (of the base weapon speed, not the final speed) and increases the casting time of all spells by 1 seconds.

13 - Cast Speed Increase is now capped to 50 points and no longer affects casting time in percentage. Instead, each point makes spells 0.01 seconds faster to cast (= 0.5 seconds at 50 Cast Speed Increase). This makes Fast spells much faster to cast at max Cast Speed Increase, while Long a Very Long spells are now disadvantaged.

14 - All the tables that determine the intensity and the min/max number of modifiers have been changed, including those of Staves, Weapons and Jewelry. It is now generally easier to find good Staves, Weapons and Jewelry.

OTHER CHANGES

1 - Two new Sorcery spells already existing in the book are now available: Earthquake and Raise Gravity. Enjoy a whole new level of AOE power, and a very unique way of inflicting Crowd Control on your enemies!

2 - The damage of the Ice Splinters spell now depends on Conjuration. At 100 Conjuration, the damage per step is slightly higher than what it used to be.

3 - Noxious Plague can no longer infect the caster, and won't spread to Vendors anymore.

4 - The Chill affliction now last longer in all spells that apply it (Ice Bolt: 8s->10s, Hail Storm 5s->10s, Enhanced Frost Blast 6s->10s, Glacial Skin 4s->8s).

BUG FIXES

1 - Fixed a bug that would make monsters disappear (instead of turning into a dead body) when killed under the effect of Stun.

2 - Spells without target no longer ignore Mana/Psi Cost Reduction when cast.

3 - It's now possible to use Invigoration actively to full stamina when dressing +Stamina / +Agility bonus items.

4 - Using wands no longer accidentally triggers Hiding skill gains.

5 - The Stun battle tactic now correctly stuns the target for 2 seconds plus 1 second for each 75 STR points of the attacker. The stun time is also raised by 50% when used against monsters.

Let us known what you think of the Item Generation Overhaul - with a warm suggestion: try it out in game first! ;)

• @Prometheus If I had panties, they would be wet

• Not trying to be rude or a bitch... but thats some lazy overhaul toward mages... still have no artifact armor, no artifact leggins, no artifact boots, no artifact neck neither amulet, a new cape (yey), and slayer to staves (cmon... really?). The only good/interesting rework to staves was both lightning and living staff, wich you cant craft atm. (I know you changed gnome gloves and helm) Hopefully I am wrong and your wiki is incomplete and also hope that my gnome gloves dont turn to psi mods)
    EDIT: there is no info on wiki about what enhanced thunderbolt does... and wth is enhanced stone fury in reptile staff? thout you were going to change it....

• Remove trash tanktops from loot tables, they take useful space for good loot in chests.

alt text Rare bless for this is a joke ( found in 80 chest )

Removing one more slot for eq is in my opinion bad - it makes less diversity, imagin you have only one eq slot for armor. This would be boring like hell

• My boots have more armor than my chest + leggins combined (is this intended?)
    The resist nerf overall was nice tho - I dropped from 70 all to 70 all phys and 49 all magic with 70 ethereal (everything seems to give ethereal now lol)

• Still think you should be able to get superior dodge/accuracy/fast cast/damage increase/spell damage increase/str wis int agi out of every item (including torso, helm., leggins and boots). This would allow some rare gear to have a chance to be equal to artifacts opening a lot of build possibilities. Also, since you have +25 max skill cap on items, why not make the bônus skill to go from 1 to 15 for exemple? But this only suggestions so you can keep in mind. First we have to test what we got.

Edit: still cannot understand why a player that bug abuse with no reporting and that got ilicity gear probably to him and all his friends from a glitch, and wich were confirmed to be auto looting chests (not allowed) dont get perma ip ban. You disapointed us. Kinda pointless to report dupes...Why shouldnt we just take advantage on every bit of it until somone report us? Make us (the entire BR guild) wonder if Prometheus is irl friend of Holya... How can a player be so toxic to a game and still get close to no punishment? Every single exploit he abused until somone else report and then @Prometheus goes and say "oh ok, from now on its forbidden".

You can argue "at least he is finding bugs"... and I will argue saying: he isnt finding bugs, he is HIDING bugs. Theres no benefit to the game in keep a player that finds an important bug and dont report it. Every single game in the Market would ban him and every IP one mile around his computer. You banned one of his bazillion accounts with an alt that probably the only good thing he had was an artifact easy to get and a toon with 82 lockpick (and wich I bet he has another since its no big deal for somone that play 24/7 to get).

Stop being amateur.

• @Kapich we will remove them, but finding one once in a while doesn't hurt much :) Having one slot less allowed us to increase the intensity and number of modifiers on the other slots, increasing the difference between a weak and a strong piece of armor. As to that piece specifically, Scale Leather can now have 3 modifiers at most and their max intensity is lower - that's a piece close to the maximum (for the Scale - Plain Leather combination), so it's Rare :) Things will be clearer when all the tables will be uploaded on the Wiki.

@DEAD Lots of questions here, I'll reply in order:

1. The point of this update what not to introduce new artifacts, but to change existing systems and items. There are two huge changes that benefits mages. First, Impairment now affects warriors too. Second, cloth can now have plenty of modifiers. Try out for instance Enchanted Cloth (after using the 10k Fame Powders from the Tailoring Guildmistress) on it. Modifiers is what mages want, and now mages' favorite set delivers them!
    2. That's perfectly possible if your boots are made of a material / belong to a set that gives a lot more physical resistances than those of your chest and leggings. The slot doesn't matter anymore.
    3. We want to keep some things unique for artifacts. That's on purpose. Crafted gear can be already as competitive as Artifacts - but the full potential of crafted gear will be unleashed in full only when we revamp Tailoring Contracts to be easier to complete so you can craft items with high Fame.
    4. We have no proof of auto-looting on that matter, we have proof of bug exploit to bypass the fighting part of the dungeon. The lockpicker account involved (a skilled one, and skilling one takes a very long time) has received a long-term ban, tenths of necklaces/braces have been deleted (not only from that account!), plus a huge amount of Argents has been removed. There is no "at least he is finding bugs" logic there - we deem the punishment we delivered adequate to the crime committed. That being said, before the big September push we will improve reporting tools for players and get more GMs on board so that any type of behavior against the rule can be verified and punished in a timely manner, that's a promise.

• Sinistro fraped him auto lockpicking the chests. Eh sent the videos via WhatsApp. If you want to add me, I can send to you.

• @DEAD said in Release 06 - Item Generation Overhaul:

Sinistro fraped him auto lockpicking the chests. Eh sent the videos via WhatsApp. If you want to add me, I can send to you.

I have seen those short videos. As I've said in another thread, it's not the first time a player is reported "auto-looting chests" with videos that look like auto-looting. Happened to a guildmate of yours too. However, it turned out he was actually doing the looting manually, not with a script... Also because tools that interact directly with the memory of the client or spoof packets don't exist for Linkrealms, and a complex auto-looting of different items like jewelry is borderline impossible just with pixel recognition.

The only way to know if looting is being automatized is to be there and ask the player to see if he is online. I wasn't there to see if he was doing it manually or not. We will improve our reporting tools to call for GMs, as I've told you above, but we cannot ban someone for auto-looting over a short video.

• @Prometheus said in Release 06 - Item Generation Overhaul:

@Kapich we will remove them, but finding one once in a while doesn't hurt much :) Having one slot less allowed us to increase the intensity and number of modifiers on the other slots, increasing the difference between a weak and a strong piece of armor. As to that piece specifically, Scale Leather can now have 3 modifiers at most and their max intensity is lower - that's a piece close to the maximum (for the Scale - Plain Leather combination), so it's Rare :) Things will be clearer when all the tables will be uploaded on the Wiki.

So at this moment i think i understand the changes and i can say that now the leather armor wont be ever used when you get an art to fill the slot. For example with 3 modifiers i can not imagie any outcom of mods that will make it so i will want to use this piece of eq. Lets say i will roll +5 str +10 skill + 5 life on legs, i will stil not use this piece of eq becouse i have a better art.

From this moment it has no sense to even watch the leather pieces found in the chest. Making it so cloth armor can have max 6 mods and leather 3 is silly. This makes 50% of loot found in monsters/chests trash

I can imagine that i will use very good rolled cloth eq on some slots ( meby on gloves slot, would be nice on boots but i think its not possible to craft cloth boots ).

@Prometheus please try to understand wathing the picture that i posted above. If this piece is consider as a high end roll and i need also a rare bless scrol for it then some thing is realy wron here.

@DEAD Lots of questions here, I'll reply in order:

1. The point of this update what not to introduce new artifacts, but to change existing systems and items. There are two huge changes that benefits mages. First, Impairment now affects warriors too. Second, cloth can now have plenty of modifiers. Try out for instance Enchanted Cloth (after using the 10k Fame Powders from the Tailoring Guildmistress) on it. Modifiers is what mages want, and now mages' favorite set delivers them!

@Developers @Prometheus Please try it for me becouse its hard to obtain these 10k fame enchantment items. Please do for me a test, craft 100 items with the 10k fame material but i want to see lether ones. Take the best piece and post it here. We will see if its worth even to touch this eq.

1. There is no "at least he is finding bugs" logic there - we deem the punishment we delivered adequate to the crime committed. That being said, before the big September push we will improve reporting tools for players and get more GMs on board so that any type of behavior against the rule can be verified and punished in a timely manner, that's a promise.

Tell me please if its still possible to kill/sacrifice/kill people. And if - why its still possible.

This is an game breaking mechanic and all you could do about it was to say "from now on dont use it becouse we will ban you". This is not the solution for this problem. And the solution for this is wery simple, like in Uo if somone want to resurrect you a window pop up and you can choose if you want be resurected.

@Prometheus i would like to have a possibility to talk with you live in game or on chat but you are ignoring me, and the forum chat is off

• alt text

• Let me try to understand: Holya gets forum banned, ignores it and find another way to come here post stuff like he doesnt even care. So yeah, he is ignoring GMs decision even to simple punishment.

• @DEAD She didn't tell me to post this I just agree with her opinion

• In this occasion, you should be punished for disrespecting GM decision.

• @DEAD you should be punshed for telling GMs what they should do !

This is a patch log, please come back to the discussion about the changes.

@Prometheus the tartaross bosses stil dont drop any shared art ?

• Boots atm are comfirmed to be the worst slot for mages. You cant craft or find cloth boots wich means you are confined to 3-mods drop. All leather drops are junk atm.
    Also, crafting gear somehow always needs less strong scroll to bless.

• @DEAD said in Release 06 - Item Generation Overhaul:

Boots atm are comfirmed to be the worst slot for mages. You cant craft or find cloth boots wich means you are confined to 3-mods drop. All leather drops are junk atm.
    Also, crafting gear somehow always needs less strong scroll to bless.

I am 100% positive about this and agree with my Brasilian friend!

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

@Prometheus great update on the items I think you guys are getting there but I think I speak for a lot of people when II say there needs to be more rare chances of randomly finding good or intriguing item's.

For instance at the moment I feel as though high tier items are found in dungeons etc off of bosses, so a small chance for good artifacts through that which is challenging and fun nonetheless.

What I feel the items are lacking is a chance to find a semi artifact which you were talking about in your original post.

IE. A middle tier mob not a boss, but elite mob that has chance on semi artifact like you were saying only with better stats.

Basically I feel there is 90% chance to find crap and if you could keep the low tier with higher stats chance, otherwise the gear just becomes ineffective or rendered useless.

What I am getting at is add more elite mobs roaming around that can be killed by parties for semi artifacts, I think it would encourage players to pvp also.

Thanks

• @Prometheus Well everything its very good, but now you made battle mage build (Mage with magic sword) even overpowered. you should put some spell or add debuff inmunity, because battle mages now can 2 hits anyone with no miss, dodge from marksman its useless and pointless because mage spells dont miss.

• @vorgoth333 Build your resists up. With 70 all, you take 15-17 per hit (with ethereal weapon) and 30ish on regular thunderbolt.

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.