Magic resistance on Tailoring equips changes.

• Always i make Scale leather cape, Studded buccaner boots and, Studded Leather Gloves with more 12% or 11% shock resistance, it changes to 8% again after i log off or relog. whats going on @Prometheus

I had my resistances to 70% but now its 61% because they do reset.
    alt text

• hey @Prometheus im wasting materials and spending time tailoring for nothing... equips keep reseting to base magic resistance. 2 days no response. I hade a +13% shock resistance buccaner boots already, and they are 8% again...

• A great item properties overhaul took place... i think something was nerfed?

• @vorgoth333 said:

hey @Prometheus im wasting materials and spending time tailoring for nothing...

That pretty much sums up the LinkRealms tailoring experience. For years, I've grinded out tailoring mats just to have them be rendered obsolete or to waste them on half assed game systems.

• This is i think the same bug that i reported with dissapearing rezistances. Prom has vacation or after a bad response to the recent patch stoped to replay on forum. SAD

• :p you realize they're rerolling, not just losing stats right? If you store them correctly their stats will keep, and you can reroll the rest. Literally the most effective time in LR history to be tailoring right now.

On a side note, it's been literally one day since Prom was active on the forum. Blizzard has like 3 day ticket timers, geeeeze

Hi @vorgoth333, thank you for the report. I have passed this issue along to the development team to check out.

@Kapich Prom is currently out of the country and unable to reply at this time. He will be back on the 21st. All issues and reports will be forwarded to him so he will get them as soon as he gets back.

Update* Item resistances on tailored armor reset upon relogging. This is indeed a bug and it will be fixed in next weeks patch, in the meantime please avoid tailoring if you do not wish to have these stats reset.

Sorry for any inconvenience!

Best,
    GM Pain

• @Pain said in Magic resistance on Tailoring equips changes.:

Update* Item resistances on tailored armor reset upon relogging. This is indeed a bug and it will be fixed in next weeks patch, in the meantime please avoid tailoring if you do not wish to have these stats reset.

Sorry for any inconvenience!

Best,
    GM Pain

@Pain @Prometheus @Uriel This is not only a bug related to tailoring only, lether equipment found in chests are also lousing their stats after server save : http://forums.linkrealms.com/topic/3625/stats-on-items-lost-after-server-save. I havent tested cloth items.

Again a big patch with no support after release full of bugs. Is Prom the only dev that can repair this kind of bugs ? What about Uriel - also never saw any posta from Him/Her on the forum.

There are also old patches that are not fully implemented: http://forums.linkrealms.com/topic/3617/where-is-the-assasin-negation-quest

• Is this it for LinkRealms? There's only like 1-3 people on the PvP server when I check, nobody on PvE. I don't see how it's worth it to continue development when no one has any interest in playing the game the devs want to make. Devs are unable or unwilling to make the changes players want to see (lockpicking as a work skill for example), and I think most players have given up hope that positive changes will be made to the game.

• @Roundwaters I'm ultra-skeptical of pretty much everything Prometheus says. To be blunt, I think his moderation has been inconstant at best, and the development team's PVP game design has been very poor in some areas.

With that in mind I've a shitload of respect for Prometheus/Urial. They're indie/small MMO developers. Do you know how retarded of a career path that is? The answer is fucking retarded. The reason they're developing Linkrealms isn't for money, it's because of passion/love/other sticky emotions. Seeing as they're not doing the things for money, it kinda makes me sad that their community is so negative/finicky towards them. I obviously can't speak for them, but were I making a something and sharing it with people for a very minimal physical return, the biggest possible demotivator would probably be a community of people who spent a significant amount of time complaining about aspects of it.

I'ma be honest, I'm not overly invested in Linkrealms. I play it purely for tears, satiating my puzzle solving autism, and social reasons. I can see why others who've either invested an excessive amount of times/money would be more inclined to get emotional about LR, but it's really not constructive.

Additionally, I'd point out in regards to lockpicking and the like.. the community is retarded, and not everything they suggest is a good idea. Remember the ghost scouting update? I'm not sure how long the exercism update took, but wasted time is wasted time. I doubt there are many people who completely understand the implications of changes. I include myself in both of those statements.

Again, I don't trust a lot of what Promethus says - not because I think he's malicious, but because he's either trying to appease the community or being a little bit too optimistic. However, he recently stated they'd be pushing to get more players via advertising, and lowering their prices in September. I find it difficult to believe it'll be in September, but for once I sincerely believe both these actions will be taken, and the suggested result.

@Prometheus ur still a poopy butt baby 4 banning me >: susad

@Kapich We are aware of this issue and it will be fixed in next week's patch. As mentioned above Prom is currently out of the country and is unable to address these issues at this time.

Uriel is a developer along with many other things and while he is able to fix these issues, he cannot release a patch for them, that is something only Prom can do. Uriel may not be active when it comes to posting however he is very busy behind the scenes, same goes for our Graphic Artist.

@Roundwaters We are aware of the low population at the moment and rest assure that we have big plans coming in September that should definitely increase the playerbase. LinkRealms is a project that we are passionate about, even though it lacks funding it is something we are still investing our time in and believe me we are not giving up on this project.

Quite a few changes have been made based on community feedback, just because we have not made LockPicking a working skill does not mean that we are unable or unwilling to make changes. We are aware of this request and while I cannot speak for the development team, there must be a reason behind not making any changes to it.

It is important to understand that development takes time, especially with such a small team. We try our best to get content out to you guys and fix bugs in a timely manner, but it doesn't always work out for the best and sometimes to give you guys the content you have been patiently awaiting we need to do it over time, a good example is with the Criminal System, we were so quick to put it in place that we have not yet had time to implement quests to lower Assassin status, which are coming soon by the way.

We appreciate all of your feedback and support. I hope this answers most of your questions, if you have any more feel free to ask.

Best,
    GM Pain

• @Pain said in Magic resistance on Tailoring equips changes.:

same goes for our Graphic Artist.

The graphic Artist is awsome. I love the animations in this game, fire storm fog ect. What is his nick Rewolf?

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

@Kapich said in Magic resistance on Tailoring equips changes.:

@Pain said in Magic resistance on Tailoring equips changes.:

same goes for our Graphic Artist.

The graphic Artist is awsome. I love the animations in this game, fire storm fog ect. What is his nick Rewolf?

Kinda interested in what happened to herb I haven't heard from him or seen him in awhile

• That's Lord Rewolf. Graphically, he's always done amazing work. I remember him saying he didn't want to do spider mobs because they'd be too difficult to animate, but they turned out GREAT!

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.