Mouse unresponsive

• Hi all,

i'm new to the game so I don't know if this is a known issue or not but my search on the forums didn't really show any other posts about this.
    So basically the problem is that my cursor feels slow/laggy when i move around the screen with it. It's something that immediatly became clear when first starting the game. So what I did was turn down all the visual options to a bare minimum, restart my computer, start up the game in DirectX 8 mode and see if the problem persisted, which it did.

After that I tried to manually alter the resolution to match my desktop resolution but that didn't solve it either, so I tried turning off all ambient sounds to see if it was a CPU related problem, also didn't solve it.

I'm running this on:
    CPU: Intel Core Duo 3Ghz
    RAM: 8GB
    GPU: Mobility Radeon 5400 HD 512 Mb

As far as I can tell all specs are far above the requirements and there's not problem with the graphics at all, they're pretty smooth animations, except the laggy mouse.

So please help me fix this because from what I can tell this might just be the perfect game for me ;)

Hmm, not sure what exactly could be causing your mouse to lag, this is the first time someone has reported this issue. I've passed this along to the development team to check out.

Does your mouse lag when just moving it around the screen or when opening windows and clicking? Also, have you tried raising the FPS cap in your settings? Try setting it to 60, 80, 90 or 100 and see if that helps.

• Thank you @Pain , but it didn't help when I tried it just now.

I also tried to find out if it gets better or worse with certain settings. It seems that it's worse with DX9 and better (but still unplayable because I can't take quick actions) with DX8. It clearly show's the difference when I play the game and click on settings, the mouse reverts to normal mode and it moves at normal speed/fps in the settings menu.

I tried to run the game with the lowest possible settings; turning off shadows, disable high quality models, turn off AA , turn of water quality etc. Also tried fps cap trick like you suggested including 30 fps and even 400 fps just to see if it makes a difference; none whatsoever.

I hope you guys can figure it out with me, i'll try sending you a dxdiag in a private message.
    Edit: I don't know how to PM haha. Let me know if you need it and how to send it to you :)

• Hi @ghostsmatter, this is indeed the first time someone reports this issue so it might take a while to find a solution. A few questions:

1. Have you removed the flag from the V-Sync option in Video settings before testing different FPS? If you don't do it, the game will default anyway to 60 FPS.

2. After verifying the previous point, can you try out different FPS again while running a software like Fraps that will tell you what your FPS really are?

3. What AntiVirus software are you running? If nothing of the above works, try adding Linkrealms to the exclusion list of your AntiVirus.

Let us know!

• Hey @Prometheus i've done as you suggested, run Fraps. The fps was around 18 fps constantly, now that we know that, it's not really a surprise to me that my mouse lags since everything lags. The real question here is why does it lag haha. As I mentioned my specs are far over what the game needs as far as I know (?).

I also tried your v-sync suggestion but it didn't change anything. I don't have anything running in the background when I play except for my virus scanner, I will try adding an exception later.

Edit: adding the exception didn't work either.

• @ghostsmatter said in Mouse unresponsive:

Hey @Prometheus i've done as you suggested, run Fraps. The fps was around 18 fps constantly, now that we know that, it's not really a surprise to me that my mouse lags since everything lags. The real question here is why does it lag haha. As I mentioned my specs are far over what the game needs as far as I know (?).

I also tried your v-sync suggestion but it didn't change anything. I don't have anything running in the background when I play except for my virus scanner, I will try adding an exception later.

Edit: adding the exception didn't work either.

Did you add the whole folder to the exclusion list or just the executable? If the latter, please try adding the whole folder and let us know :)

We've had Linkrealms running at 30+ FPS on way worse machines, so just 18 is strange indeed. Is it fixed at 18 or (I guess) it fluctuates? Can you check out the FPS both in town and out in the forest? Realms with several buildings are heavier, it should make a large difference. If it doesn't, it means the problem is somewhere else.

• Hey,

i've added the Linkrealms folder as a whole to the exceptions in the anti virus scanner.

The fps indeed improves when entering the forest, but it's not a lot. it's around 25 in the forest , even 30 sometimes around less cluttered areas, but I wouldn't say it's good enough to progress in the game because of the slow actions I must take due to the mouse issue.

• Just checkin' in, have you guys found a way to test this / simulate the bug? I would love to play!

• @ghostsmatter said in Mouse unresponsive:

Just checkin' in, have you guys found a way to test this / simulate the bug? I would love to play!

Hi ghost, sorry for the slow reply. We are going to release a huge patch this week which will also contain performance improvements that might help your case. We can't be 100% sure however since we couldn't reproduce the problem, not even on old testing machines :(

• @Prometheus it's okay, I understand. I will check with the new update if performance might have improved I really hope so, that would be awesome. We'll see, if not with this update, maybe with a different one.
    For mainstream gaming comparison, Crusader Kings 2 is about the only game I got to run decently on this pc a little under full hd res and most effects turned off. Not a very graphics intense game, but this isn't either (even though it does look good in a retro way).

Good luck with rolling out the update ! :)

• the same exact problem here

• @belzebubas said in Mouse unresponsive:

the same exact problem here

Hi Belze, could you use Fraps (or any other similar software) to check out your FPS?

• @Prometheus, i was playing on my Dell Inspiron 3137 laptop when i had this problem. Now i moved to way more powerfull pc and the problem is gone. Also iam connected to wireless with cable through bridge now(isp, modem and antivirus soft is the same). Cant reach mensioned laptop atm so cant help you with fps report, but ill try to send you dxdiag of both computers. I hope it helps somehow because it is uplayable with this bug

Edit: well cant attach file here so...

Dell:

System Information

Time of this report: 10/23/2016, 17:18:43
    Machine name:
    Operating System: Windows 8.1 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600) (9600.winblue_ltsb.160930-0600)
    Language: Lithuanian (Regional Setting: Lithuanian)
    System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
    System Model: Inspiron 3137
    BIOS: A05
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 3556U @ 1.70GHz (2 CPUs), ~1.7GHz
    Memory: 4096MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 4004MB RAM
    Page File: 1899MB used, 3384MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.03.9600.17415 64bit Unicode

Desktop:

System Information

Time of this report: 10/23/2016, 16:22:32
    Machine name:
    Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_ldr.160930-0600)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
    System Model: To be filled by O.E.M.
    BIOS: BIOS Date: 04/25/12 12:15:22 Ver: 04.06.05
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.9GHz
    Memory: 8192MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 8154MB RAM
    Page File: 2196MB used, 14110MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

• @belzebubas well, I think your laptop was just too slow to run Linkrealms properly at this point. The Pentium 3556U performs like an average 7-years old CPU when it comes to running games, and I guess the laptop also had no dedicated GPU but just one integrated on the CPU. Glad to hear the new machine works fine tho! :)

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.