Mining and Blacksmithing - Live September 2016

• Hi everyone,

It's time to talk about the most awaited crafting skills of Linkrealms. It's time to talk about Mining and Blacksmithing! We can finally give you a sound ETA for them to finally see the light: the end of this month -September 2016!

Mining

The mining process starts by obtaining raw ores, which can be gathered from mineral deposits using a pickaxe.

Mining A Rock

The first iteration of Mining will bring live six different types of deposits: iron, copper, tin, silver, gold, and coal. The latter is used as a side requirement for the functioning of forges and other crafting stations. Deposits also come in different sizes, with the larger ones providing more materials before being exhausted.

Mineral deposits will be found:

1 - As random spawns in pretty much any world realm. The types found will vary according to the biome of the realm (e.g. Oak Forest VS Volcanic). Realms that contain mountain cliffs will enjoy a much better quality and quantity of random deposits.

2 - In several fixed locations inside of caves and dungeons .

3 - In a few special, very profitable mines that can be explored only by reaching their entrance tunnels. These tunnels will change location more than once a day.

Once obtained, raw ores can be purified into dusts through a Stamp Mill and then into ingots (including alloys!) using a Casting Furnace.

Blacksmithing

Once you've obtained the ingots you wanted, crafting time begins!

Crafting Metal Armor

You can use a Forge to create pieces of metal armor, split into three sets:

1 - Light Metal, which provides resistances comparable to the Heavy Leather set but with more modifiers, at the cost of a slightly higher Impairment.

2 - Medium Metal, with better resistances but also worse Impairment.

3 - Heavy Metal, endowed with exceptionally good resistances at the cost of high Impairment and low modifier rates. Each Heavy Metal piece equipped will raise the cap on physical resistances by 5%!

Metal Armor Sets

What's Coming Next

The implementations listed above are just the first iteration of Mining and Blacksmithing. New deposits and minerals - such as Zinc, Sulfur, and Arsenic - will be implemented at a later stage. Together with them, of course... Weapon forging!

Later on, we will also spice up the Mining process with new creatures and challenges that unprepared miners wandering in dangerous zones will definitely fear!

Let us know what you think about this huge upcoming gameplay addition! Suggestions and criticism are welcome!

Enjoy Linkrealms!

• @Prometheus Good, but im still waiting the tailoring magic resistance Reset to be fixed.

• Finally a step in the right direction! It looks good. With stackable gems too!

Can't wait to see how this fills out the world.

• Nice! Great news! Wasn't play long time - but always keep eye on game news! Such upgrade will bring me back! ! Can't wait!

• So it's not tied in with prospecting at all? You guys must really hate that skill.

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

@Prometheus Exactly what I've been waiting for! Congratulations one of LinkRealm's Prince will be returning soon! :D

@Roundwaters said in Mining and Blacksmithing - Live September 2016:

So it's not tied in with prospecting at all? You guys must really hate that skill.

That's what I was thinking

• @Aries @Alchemy
    PVP, or PVE? <:

@Holya said in Mining and Blacksmithing - Live September 2016:

@Aries @Alchemy
    PVP, or PVE? <:

I hardly play on the PvP server but either way does it matter?

• @Aries We want more people to show our pee pees to.
    Edit: Big pee pees

• @Aries hoping PVP 'cause I've still pretty bad at mage and need practice <:

@Myhal said in Mining and Blacksmithing - Live September 2016:

@Aries We want more people to show our pee pees to.
    Edit: Big pee pees

I didn't know they made tweezers that small

@Aries hoping PVP 'cause I've still pretty bad at mage and need practice <:

The only time I ever use mage spells is the revive spell or the portal spell other than that I haven't found much use for any of the others

@Holya I only play on PvE that's why I dropped and gave away all my Prince stuff PvP server is too broken and the fighting is too boring for me to be interested in it lol.

• @Aries a single mage can clear any instance at least as fast as three of any other class... Maybe not stone golems, but crystal armor is worse than basic crafted gear anyway. If you're actively farming gear I'd strongly suggest you figure out mage for efficiency's sake.

@Alchemy I'm uninclined to believe the lack of interest in PVP. I mean, you did join a strictly PVP guild when you first started. Good luck with your PVE adventures regardless <:

@Aries a single mage can clear any instance at least as fast as three of any other class... Maybe not stone golems, but crystal armor is worse than basic crafted gear anyway. If you're actively farming gear I'd strongly suggest you figure out mage for efficiency's sake.

@Alchemy I'm uninclined to believe the lack of interest in PVP. I mean, you did join a strictly PVP guild when you first started. Good luck with your PVE adventures regardless <:

I have soloed every doungeon twice as fast with out sorc then using it. Its junk I see no point in using it any more. other then the 2 or 3 I use. I may use them only twice at most during each run

@Holya Yeah lol but even then I was only planning to be the Guild's mage and crafter I would do nothing but get killed in PvP I'm a scrub at PvP rofl. I'm good at PvE though and my classic character is on the PvE server too that makes me happy.

@Prometheus Great update, looking forward to new crafting system. Will be interested to see how this pan's out in the future and hopefully bring's old and new player's a like :)

• Make some mining nodes only findable with the metal detector.

• @vorgoth333 we are going to release a patch this week which will also solve this issue. Sadly we weren't able to release a patch before since we were in the middle of game-breaking changes to some core systems of Linkrealms.

@Riga13 @Alchemy nice to hear! We look forward to having you back :)

@Roundwaters @Aries we have been exploring different designs on how Prospecting will fit in the mining process. One is that you'll be able to increase the average yields of a deposit by using a Prospecting tool on it - but it's not the only one!

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.