Release 07 - Core Systems Improvements

• Hi everyone,

this Release is a peculiar one, as it doesn't include a lot of new content, but instead is largely focused on fixing and improving some of the core systems of Linkrealms.

Why are we doing all of this, and why now? You'll find it out soon in a huge, huge announcement which is scheduled to come next week already!

Additionally, this patch includes a lot of content for the upcoming Mining and Blacksmithing skills, plus content for the new expanded Tutorial Zone and Riverbank Questline.

Below is a detail description of the patch.

NEW FONTS

We have introduced a new font type to replace the old chat fonts, which we deemed to be inconsistent with each other and that only included characters from the ASCII set.

If you are not native English speakers, you have probably noticed - and have been annoyed by - the absence of characters widely used in your language, such as accented letters. The new font family uses the full ANSI set, which includes pretty much all Latin characters.

The new font comes in 4 different sizes which can be selected in the Visual options menu (just like before) to change the size of the chat box. Each font size is larger than the former equivalent.

Additionally, we have replaced the old chat fonts wherever they were used in old menus, like in Crafting menus and Vendor menus. Several players had reported reading difficulties due to the old Tiny font - this should no longer be the case!

CHARACTER CREATION

As announced in our development roadmap, we have replaced the old Character Creation of Linkrealms with a whole new one.

The new Character Creation is integrated in the new Login menu, thus being definitely larger than it used to be. Additionally, you are now able to freely choose 4 skills -including Crafting skills - when setting up a new character. The character will then be created with the 4 skills selected at level 40.

To help new players with the choice of the 4 starting skills, a few basic templates are already offered in the Character Creation. These templates are just combinations of starting skills and have no impact of any kind on the following character progression.

LATENCY & MOVEMENT LAG

We have reworked some components of Client/Server networking and have managed to drastically cut down latency, which used to be significant even for North America players living very close to game servers (a theoretical ping of 50ms could easily turn into over 250ms before - it no longer does!).

While this had already beneficial effects on movement lag, we felt it wasn't enough. We have therefore introduced several tweaks to movement in particular, such as a very small delay when starting to animate your character based on your latency.

After this patch, a player from Western Europe with an average ping of 110-120ms should no longer suffer of any movement lag - which means you should see your character and other players' character on your client where they actually are server-side.

Additionally, we have introduced a few client-side tweaks when performing certain actions such as spellcasting. If you latency is not monstrously high, you should no longer see your character and other character being moved backward or forward when running and casting a spell, for instance.

TOUCH SPELLS & EMPOWER

The Martial Artist template is now fully viable thanks to the introduction of 5 new spells: Empower, Burning Touch, Freezing Touch, Shocking Touch and Piercing Touch.

Enjoy a whole new set of fun and effective character builds which can fit well in very different roles and strategies!

With this change, we consider Invocation, Alteration and Conjuration to be fully functional (although not truly completed yet), and we'll start focusing on Abjuration after completing Mining, Blacksmithing and the new quest line.

OTHER CHANGES & FIXES

1 - Weapons no longer have Strength, Agility and Skill Level requirements to be held. The Level of a weapon, which depends on the quantity and intensity of its modifiers, is now a hidden property which is only reflected by the color of the name of the item (as for pieces of Armor).

2 - We've kept replacing several placeholder spell icons with proper finished versions.

3 - Fixed quick clicks on buttons being ignored in the Login Menu.

4 - The Spell Defiance Bonus modifier now properly increases Magical resistances.

5 - Magical resistances randomly assigned as modifiers when an item is generated are now properly preserved after a server restart.

6 - Fixed a bug that made Martial Arts not give any Dodge change to the player when fighting barehanded (it only gave Hit chance).

7 - Armor Impairment no longer slows down the casting time of Spiritualism spells (this bug was introduced in the last patch).

Let us known what you think of all these changes and enjoy Linkrealms!

• Cool, i am playing the game for a week, like, i've found this game looking for a new game and buy a BETA key, i cant pay for a prince pack because for brazilians its too expensive, like, R$ 300,00 for us or more, but i see a very good development, congratulations. I am testing, if i found something that stuck me as a brand new player i will post in the right place. I hope this new tutorial zone make certain things more clear for beginners. Again, congratulations and good work on this game!

• @Prometheus said in Release 07 - Core Systems Improvements:

LATENCY & MOVEMENT LAG

We have reworked some components of Client/Server networking and have managed to drastically cut down latency, which used to be significant even for North America players living very close to game servers (a theoretical ping of 50ms could easily turn into over 250ms before - it no longer does!).

Oh, thank you, merciful lord!

Seriously though, the game's chat still doesn't accept enough characters. I had a tough time giving people my stream name in game 卐✈ ▌▌卐

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

@Holya said in Release 07 - Core Systems Improvements:

@Prometheus said in Release 07 - Core Systems Improvements:

LATENCY & MOVEMENT LAG

Oh, thank you, merciful lord!

Seriously though, the game's chat still doesn't accept enough characters. I had a tough time giving people my stream name in game 卐✈ ▌▌卐

Lmfaoo that name though

Why are we doing all of this, and why now? You'll find it out soon in a huge, huge announcement which is scheduled to come next week already!

@Prometheus any word on what this announcement is?

• @Clavicus said in Release 07 - Core Systems Improvements:

@Prometheus any word on what this announcement is?

It's coming today... Get ready!

• FOUNDER: DUKE

in my country it's 8:00 pm, still nothing
    is it really possible to have a REAL ETA? we are not asking for the hour, but at least the day....
    and more, u already said us mining and blacksmith will be implemented partially, now i read will be more partial than before....is it correct?

• @Prometheus

It's coming today... Get ready!

LUL today

• There's only so many more times I'm going to fall for this...

@Roundwaters said in Release 07 - Core Systems Improvements:

There's only so many more times I'm going to fall for this...

I'd figured you got used to it after all the years Paul and herb did it to us all the time lol

• Oh come on, it was only a couple hours after the end of the day!

...if you live in Hawaii, that is. :angel:

• FOUNDER: DUKE

Oh come on, it was only a couple hours after the end of the day!

...if you live in Hawaii, that is. :angel:

U made me cry, like missing a date with your future girlfriend :(

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.