Linkrealms: Free To Play on October 10th!

• Hi everyone,

the big news we have hinted at for a while have finally arrived: Linkrealms is becoming fully Free To Play on Monday, October 10th, at 9pm CEST (3pm EDT). From that moment on, everyone will be able to play Linkrealms without the need to validate a Beta Key or buy a Founder Pack!

The game will be free both for users having a Mythyn Account and using our external client and for those having a Steam account and getting the game on the Steam store!

If you want to know more about this pivotal change for Linkrealms, have a look at the FAQ section below!

Is this the full release of Linkrealms?

It's not. Linkrealms will be in Beta until its full release, planned for 2017.

Why going Free To Play before full release?

We feel the development of Linkrealms has reached a point where the game is ready to welcome a larger playerbase. The biggest problems that have come up since our Early Access launch have been addressed: we have implemented New Player Protection and the Criminal System, expanded and balanced Warrior/Mage gameplay, Crafting, and tackled several other core issues. Servers have also been stable for months now.

Since Linkrealms is a MMORPG that can be enjoyed only with a good playerbase and our price point was too high to allow that, we have decided to take the bull by the horns and just go free to play!

What is going to happen to Founder Packs?

Nothing! Founder Packs have always included much more than access to the game: huge starter kits, game/forum titles, unique pieces of equipment and realm items, plus credits and realm days whose combined value alone is close to the price of the pack itself. Therefore, it will still be possible to purchase them, unchanged, until the full release of the game!

We shall also remind you that everyone who has purchased the game on the Steam store has automatically received a Settler Founder Pack.

What is going to happen to Beta and Steam keys?

They'll be gone, of course. The existing ones will no longer be of any use.

Is this move associated to other promotional efforts?

Yes, it is. We are going to keep a closer connection with the press, run advertisement campaigns, start referral / affiliate marketing programs, and much more.

Will it be possible to link Mythyn and Steam accounts after?

Yes, it will. Since the game will be free to play on both platforms and servers are shared, there is no longer any technical issue preventing it from happening. The system will be automatized through the account management page on our website!

Let us know what you think of this big change and get your guilds ready for some big action!

See you all in game!

The Mythyn Interactive Staff

• FOUNDER: DUKE

This is exactly what i was NOT expecting....
    New player protection and criminal system are in alpha state, not yet full defined. Warrior-mage is still under deep reworking and crafting is still waiting news.

Still remain a question i'm waiting answer, but probably i missed it or i cannot accept it:
    Multi account will remain? WHY there should be a possibility to buy more character slot into an account if we can get them for free?
    WHY allow people to cover entire lands with realms linked to their multi-account?
    U want people, i know, and a lot of people want more players into this server, but i remain sceptic

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

This is exactly what I expected and imo it's unfortunate. Do I want a player base? Sure. However scouting is still an issue and boss drops are still ridiculously low. Blacksmithing was pushed in front of revamp of reworking boss monsters and their rewards which I disagree with. The red system is not where it should be. I hope there isn't an influx of new players only to fade out after a couple weeks.

With that being said linkrealms is a lot of fun to me and I hope newer players take into account the dev team is small and game is a work in progress.

• I found out about this game like 2 days ago. It instantly got me extremely hyped but i've seen there were some issues (which are getting adressed it seems) that just didn't make it worth $20,- for me. Here i was all bummed out hoping i stumble upon a beta key or something because the entire open world full loot pvp fascinates me and the aestethics of this game looks so unique. And all out of nowhere this news pops up. This is seriously amazing guys, i honestly can not wait to get into this. Thanks for making this game since it looks like something rather niche. And thank you for absolutely making my day!

• Inb4 entire br population arrives now that they can afford the game

• VAN's way more organized / numerous than before, and the dominant PVP build is wayyyyy better at nabstomping than archer ever was. I'm so excited right now you wouldn't belieb. I suspect you're going to nerf mage within a few weeks :p

@Holya said in Linkrealms: Free To Play on October 10th!:

VAN's way more organized / numerous than before, and the dominant PVP build is wayyyyy better at nabstomping than archer ever was. I'm so excited right now you wouldn't belieb. I suspect you're going to nerf mage within a few weeks :p

Goodbye peace...
    I bet in 2 week after launch game will be deserted again with a new bounce of bad review on steam forums lol

• Nice one Prometheus!!!

People, stop crying because u did spend tons of money to take advantage in this game. =)

like the one that has 5 houses in Volcanic Area xD! to troll around.

• @Meziljin @Clavicus the New Player Protection is completed. New players are fully safe from attacks in the Legal area, which includes the whole Oak Forest around Riverbank and its many dungeons. We haven't heard of exploits to bypass this protection yet - and if any comes up, we'll quickly fix it and a massive ban for the person exploiting will come as well. The Criminal system is just missing a way for murderers to atone their sins and reduce their kill count. If we ever decide to remake it completely, it won't be any time soon anyway.

Multi-accounting instead is a serious issue bound to get bigger and we'll soon come up with a solution for it. That doesn't mean necessarily banning multi-accounting in general - which is literally impossible since proxies exist - but for sure preventing its exploitation for scouting and so on.

@Prometheus your red system initially suggested was far better than what is currently in place. (Although the blessing penalty is currently better) as of right now unless you want to hold hands with someone at a spawn and be besties you are forced to take a kill if they are blue. Then the dipshit will just come back. Initially there was going to be no kill penalty for volcanic lands and less of a penalty in other areas. Now 5 kills and you are perma red while someone can literally aoe me all day for instance with meteor and not get a kill count if I die.

@Prometheus said in Linkrealms: Free To Play on October 10th!:

Multi-accounting instead is a serious issue bound to get bigger and we'll soon come up with a solution for it. That doesn't mean necessarily banning multi-accounting in general - which is literally impossible since proxies exist - but for sure preventing its exploitation for scouting and so on.

Just an information, and i wish an answer asap:
    THIS solution you mentioned will be published BEFORE or AFTER the 10th of October?

• @Clavicus while I agree to some extent, I'd point out that the punishments for being red are trivial to the point of being irrelevant now that you're only affected when you're also a criminal.

This post is deleted!

@Prometheus (Will it be possible to link Mythyn and Steam accounts after?

Yes, it will. Since the game will be free to play on both platforms and servers are shared, there is no longer any technical issue preventing it from happening.)

Does that mean if I log into the client will i see the steam players that don't have the client or only the players in that client?

• @Prometheus And yeah, im accidently Red by doing Tartaros with Party and friends, because my Earthquake did 2 waves kill my friend who hasnt stoneskin active. 1 Tartaros Raid = im red. silly.

• @vorgoth333 It's okay you aren't the only one
    alt text
    LUL

Lol omg @Prometheus why are you using an ascii 256 character set for the love of god m8 use something more, we got weird character by our names I mean look at Poor @Holya he is off his game because of bad characters

• @Meziljin said in Linkrealms: Free To Play on October 10th!:

@Prometheus said in Linkrealms: Free To Play on October 10th!:

Just an information, and i wish an answer asap:
    THIS solution you mentioned will be published BEFORE or AFTER the 10th of October?

We'll publish the rule change before the 10th of October :)

• Half of the items sold in the cash shop either don't work, or don't work as advertised. I still can't use the map staining kit (it's incredibly useful when you have a lot of maps). I still can's use mod swappers on much of anything, even though it explicitly says I can use them on artifact staffs.

It's been like that for an embarrassingly long time.

• Jarko it's great seeing you are still around! One question...

What is going to happen to all of the money I donated in the early alpha (when questor was lead dev)? Will that be converted into coins for me to spend when the servers go free to play on October 10th?

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.